Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

About Despacito...

DitaDolla

Featured Posts

DitaDolla

I saw in the "Is Latin Pop Over" thread that ppl where saying Despacito is a massive hit bc of it's chart performance and youtube views.

Now, yes this song managed to gain the most youtube views for a video ever, we heard it everywhere, and has been 16 weeks in #1.

So where is it now? EVERYONE forgot about it. It doesn't have an impact as ya'll think. 

Bad romance wasn't #1 and it's still an iconic song and has an IMPACT.

ARTPOP is doing amazingly well in 2018 but it "flopped" back then.

Despacito was a buzz hit, now no-one plays it:huntyga:

highlikegaga

we're plagued with Latin - Reggaeton songs rn. (nothing against the culture, but against the overplaying of the music) so I'm pretty sure Despacito had impact.

Bey, Cardi, Drake, everyone who's getting success rn is getting it bc they are feeding the Reggaeton machine that Despacito kinda put in motion. (sure the sound was popular before that, but Despacito made it mainstream)

you made some points tho :tea:

5 minutes ago, ComeToJoe said:

However it did become a meme

Alexa play despacito 2 :vegas:

FixedT :vegas:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

AlexanderMagno

Everyone forgot about Despacito? :awkney: I don't think anyone who has lived in 2017 will ever forget Despacito...

It's impact is huge, Latin pop has been all over the radio for years now. Sure, it might be calming down, but that's just the way things go. Gaga brought back dance pop, but that doesn't mean dance pop stayed forever.

highlikegaga
3 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Everyone forgot about Despacito? :awkney: I don't think anyone who has lived in 2017 will ever forget Despacito...

It's impact is huge, Latin pop has been all over the radio for years now. Sure, it might be calming down, but that's just the way things go. Gaga brought back dance pop, but that doesn't mean dance pop stayed forever.

All of this ^ Thank you.

I feel like Latin Pop will fade the same way Dance Pop faded and the next thing will take over. 

KatieJudasGaga4
35 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Despacito was on the radio today :ohwell:

Paparazzi & The Edge of Glory was too :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

bloody g
1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

what is ARTPOP doing in 2018? I know nothing about her previous work current chart positions

It's currently her best charting album on pure sales at a WW level.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

raragaga

i can't really get behind things that people rave over, so that song was a no for me.

don't think it was a historical, epic song. it's the kind of song people will laugh about in 10 years

xoxo

Defmix100
31 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

It's currently her best charting album on pure sales at a WW level.

oh wow thats great!

Sickness

Despacito isn’t forgotten, idk why you’re so in denial a about it lol. Yes it’s a bad song and was annoyingly spammed everywhere but it did have impact. 

Archived