💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Alejandro sounds better as a rock song

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

I don't know if it's because I listened to Alejandro album version too much (to the point when I got bored), but honestly I'd choose these two versions over the album version. :shrug:

It's the perfect mix of pop instant melody and harshness of rock and the guitar and live drums really enhance the song.

If you are not familiar with these versions, I suggest you to give a listen. Also, props to the one who runs this channel, all tour versions are great.

What do you think? Do you think there are other Gaga songs performed with a more rock-inspired live direction that capture the energy of the song better (cough.. cough.. Scheisse :reductive:)? What remixes/ renditions of Alejandro do you listen to when you want to switch things up a little bit? 

Head Empty
12 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

(cough.. cough.ï»ż. Scheisseï»ż :reductive:ï»żï»żï»żï»żï»ż)ï»ż

Oh my god I will forever cherish how that instrumental sounded when I was at JWT. The studio instrumental is already (one of) her best, but with that guitar added it just rips everything to shreds.

22 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Do you think there are other Gaga songs performed with a more rock-inspired live direction that capture the energy of the song better?

:giveup::giveup::giveup:

❗ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗

derpmonster

Just imagined it as metal. That'd be pretty cool. Imagine edited deep vocals like the one from the Judas remix.

51 minutes ago, Rifek said:

:giveup::giveup::giveup:

Iove this version but Just Dance is still a more electro pop club song in my head. That's the original concept and video too.

I would've loved to see more rocky stuff from Born This Way.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

monketsharona

I may be wrong but I remember RedOne saying most of the songs he has done with her wave been writen / composed to fit as rock and metal songs... So I guess Alejandro could fit with a rock version 

I mean Gaga always tends to give her songs a little bit of extra rock sauce at the live performances and I think they always sound better. Marry The Night for example, ahhh :nick:

I like to think that Gaga is a rockstar by heart, and to this day I still think about her releasing "Stefani", a rock/metal/glam-rock masterpiece :flutter:

lady-gaga-wears-shirt-with-name-stefani.

BornAsUnic0rn
6 minutes ago, Allan said:

I mean Gaga always tends to give her songs a little bit of extra rock sauce at the live performances and I think they always sound better. Marry The Night for example, ahhh :nick:

I like to think that Gaga is a rockstar by heart, and to this day I still think about her releasing "Stefani", a rock/metal/glam-rock masterpiece :flutter:

lady-gaga-wears-shirt-with-name-stefani.

Howard Stern never looked better. 

FfFfFfFF
35 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I may be wrong but I remember RedOne saying most of the songs he has done with her wave been writen / composed to fit as rock and metal songs... So I guess Alejandro could fit with a rock version 

Gaga talking about Boys Boys Boys:

I wanted to write the female version of Motley Crue’s ‘Girls Girls Girls,’ but with my own twist. I wanted to write a pop song that rockers would like.

I wrote the track as a mating call. I was dating this who was really into heavy metal and I wanted to write a pop song that would make him fall in love with me. So I wrote that record and we dated for two years. It reminds me of "Girls, Girls, Girls" by Motley Crue. The subtext is that even though I'm a very free and sexually empowered woman, I'm not a man hater. I celebrate very American sentiments abouts bar and drinking and men buying women drinks. It's a very heavy metal sentiment that I celebrate in a pop song.

monketsharona
11 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Gaga talking about Boys Boys Boys:

I wanted to write the female version of Motley Crue’s ‘Girls Girls Girls,’ but with my own twist. I wanted to write a pop song that rockers would like.

I wrote the track as a mating call. I was dating this who was really into heavy metal and I wanted to write a pop song that would make him fall in love with me. So I wrote that record and we dated for two years. It reminds me of "Girls, Girls, Girls" by Motley Crue. The subtext is that even though I'm a very free and sexually empowered woman, I'm not a man hater. I celebrate very American sentiments abouts bar and drinking and men buying women drinks. It's a very heavy metal sentiment that I celebrate in a pop song.

That could make sense, something a lot monsters doesn't know about RedOne, is that the guys have played guitar in a rock band for a long time before being dance producer. He also produced song pop rock songs

Bad Romance sounds so much worse live imo as does HML. Certain songs of hers just don't sound as good with live instrumentation and that's quite simply because they are electronic first and foremost. For instance, do I think that the bulk of ARTPOP sounds better live? Not so much (sans MANiCURE, Venus, and Gypsy) . I don't think they're worse, just different in what they provide.

I do love Alejandro live, though, it's beautiful specifically because it is rooted in classical and latin music. and JW is definitely improved with live performance. Pokerface...I can take or leave. It's fine just not as memorable, oddly enough. But Scheiße...idk sometimes I like it others not. I *really* love its production as a electronic rave track so I think I'd love to hear that just once. If anything I want her to do a mix where she amps it even more rave-y.

But yeah I do love that RedOne and Gaga have always made their music genre-versatile. That's what makes them such great and memorable music. You could play them a million ways to Sunday and they're still fantastic just in new and different ways. Acoustic Ragtime Pokerface highlights the cheeky lyricism, the album version highlights its dance-ability, etc.

BornAsUnic0rn

I never cared too much about Alejandro‘s Studio Version, maybe because it is really next level when performed life. And I listen to the Monster Ball Version whenever I want to listen to it. So I agree.

Conservative Mom

i agree. it can be a great russian folk song    that is what im thinking about as im listening to the verse:party:

Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer

Archived