💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who is the most vocally talented singer of today?

Chic

Featured Posts

Not just mainstream, how about just in general? I know Whitney and Mariah were huge superstars, but surely there is another like them somewhere even if they aren't famous.

JoJo has shown exceptional vocal progress on a few recordings:

Leona Lewis is remarkable:

Jessie J is the most "GGD famous" of the vocal powerhouses of today. But I wanna see more!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generic but Gaga has the flexibility to sing whatever, and sing it well. If I needed someone to perform at a talent contest, Gaga would be the one simply because she can enter whatever genre and dominate it. 

Ariana is great with her voice, but her range and power could not compete with Mariah whatsoever. Jessie J is probably a better shout.

Shakira deserves a mention, she has a completely different set of vocals and while it's not mainstream, she impresses no matter what.

Men aren't really keeping up with women at all on vocals at all, despite selling way more. 

sethrb101

I mean obvious, but I would genuinely put Gaga at the very top if not #1. Her ability and versatility is unmatched imo. As people above said, Beyonce, Leona, Jessie J, Ariana, plus more.

#Gaga2020

51 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

Generic but Gaga has the flexibility to sing whatever, and sing it well. If I needed someone to perform at a talent contest, Gaga would be the one simply because she can enter whatever genre and dominate it. 

Ariana is great with her voice, but her range and power could not compete with Mariah whatsoever. Jessie J is probably a better shout.

Shakira deserves a mention, she has a completely different set of vocals and while it's not mainstream, she impresses no matter what.

Men aren't really keeping up with women at all on vocals at all, despite selling way more. 

Not only the flexibility, but she also can *interpret* any style which I think is crucially what sets her apart. I think Beyonce *might* be a little more skilled (so, again, no shade here), but she has a shortcoming with interpretation of a song and that's where Gaga shines more than most.

Surprised nobody mentioned Legend X :selena:

Adele and Florence are up there as well. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Not only the flexibility, but she also can *interpret* any style which I think is crucially what sets her apart. I think Beyonce *might* be a little more skilled (so, again, no shade here), but she has a shortcoming with interpretation of a song and that's where Gaga shines more than most.

Yeah I think you're definitely right there about her interpreting the song. Her ability to transform her voice and style into something genuine is the real talent that barely any other artist can do. 

I'm not too sure about Beyoncé. On one hand, I can see her absolute skill and the talent she has, particularly in her power. On the other hand, there's something about her voice that's just... 'vanilla'? I know I'm definitely wrong, but I feel her voice doesn't evolve or adapt, it's just consistently polished. Her earlier work really showed what she can do, but now I feel like she's just dragging her feet vocally and focusing on releasing Drake-esque music.  

7 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

Yeah I think you're definitely right there about her interpreting the song. Her ability to transform her voice and style into something genuine is the real talent that barely any other artist can do. 

I'm not too sure about Beyoncé. On one hand, I can see her absolute skill and the talent she has, particularly in her power. On the other hand, there's something about her voice that's just... 'vanilla'? I know I'm definitely wrong, but I feel her voice doesn't evolve or adapt, it's just consistently polished. Her earlier work really showed what she can do, but now I feel like she's just dragging her feet vocally and focusing on releasing Drake-esque music.  

That's what I mean with interpretation! Like, you can hear it really well on Don't Hurt Yourself. She sounds PISSED there. But then she doesn't really give a unique angle aside from sultry to most songs of hers. Even the ballads just sound powerful, but not necessarily emotional (Sandcastles aside which is beautiful vocally). Halo is her big ballad and yet I don't think it's appeal is from her approach to it. It's more just her raw power in it, if that makes sense because she has more than most. It's funny because we know she knows vocal harmonies better than most any pop star and can arrange vocals well. She knows sounds very well. I think she struggles with interpretation, though, which makes sense since that is acting and she's a bit stilted as an actress.

Beyonce is the current vocal powerhouse. Though some people here might underplay her vocal performance  :oops:

sweet but psycho 🔪

One of my favourite vocalists is "LP". She has such a unique and interesting voice! 

Her control always blows me away! Some of my favourite songs by her are Lost on You, When we were High, Tightrope and Other People.

You must check out her live cover of Halo! I personally think she performs the song better that Beyonce :) 

Archived