💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify Allows Independent Artists To Self-Publish

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

Guest Blue Madonna

https://genius.com/a/spotify-is-now-letting-indie-artists-upload-music-directly-to-its-platform?utm_source=home_featured_latest_stories

https://artists.spotify.com/blog/now-in-beta-upload-your-music-in-spotify-for-artists

Omg this is so exciting! Tbh I was a little confused by the Spotify article as it was slightly vague about when this was happening but it looks like within the next few months it'll get to the point where indie artists can independently self-publish their music without the use of a label or online service! This is so exciting especially for artists such as many of y'all on GGD and many have seen it as a move to rival SoundCloud :firega: A Beef Is Born :chica: 

From the Genius article:

'Since its inception, Spotify has required artists to upload their music to the platform through a label or a digital service like Tunecore, creating a barrier for independent artists who often handle the release of their music themselves. Yesterday, the service announced in a blog post that it’s launching a new feature that will allow artists to upload their music directly to Spotify. The tool, which is still in beta testing, will allow artists to “deliver music straight to Spotify and plan for the perfect release day.”

According to Spotify, the tool will also let artists preview exactly how their upload will appear to users before they submit it, and will allow them to edit their own metadata, all for free. The service has already worked with Noname, Michael Brun, VIAA, and Hot Shade on the tool, which it plans to expand to more artists in the coming months.'

'“We created a pretty simple and fair deal for uploading music where artists receive 50 percent of Spotify’s net revenue, and Spotify also accounts to publishers and collection societies for additional royalties related to the musical composition,” Kene Anoliefo, senior product lead for Spotify’s creator marketplace, told The Verge about artist payouts. “Artists will receive automatic monthly royalty checks. They will be able to view all of that information and check all their data within Spotify for Artists.”'

Wow! Exciting news for indie artists! And paychecks too! :chica:

DOJA CAT

Dosent that mean more people would just put unreleased songs on there untill they get removed like 24hours later 

thank u, next

Kulture Kiari
51 minutes ago, Tove Hoe said:

Dosent that mean more people would just put unreleased songs on there untill they get removed like 24hours later 

I was just gonna say this. I mean, we've already had so many Gaga leaks unofficially posted there under a different name. And all that happened before this got introduced. 

Economy

Now we're really gonna have a lot of underground part time artists trying to make it that live in mom's house at 30 or 35 working at best buy :rip:

8 minutes ago, Economy said:

Now we're really gonna have a lot of underground part time artists trying to make it that live in mom's house at 30 or 35 working at best buy :rip:

It's good though! Hopefully they can reach their dream using this :pray:

Economy
Just now, Blue Madonna said:

It's good though! Hopefully they can reach their dream using this :pray:

No it is. Gives them a shot

But it's also sad that for every 1 that makes it there's like 10 or 20 others or more that are talented and try hard but can never make a successful career on that

The entertainment industry has always had a lot more job seekers than available market for.

RadioIsOurs

As much I'd like to support independent artists, I think we're just gonna get more random soundcloud rappers on the charts... :saladga:

I hope we don't end up getting just anything and everything. Does it mean you can just upload anything or is there some kind of selection ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

51 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I hope we don't end up getting just anything and everything. Does it mean you can just upload anything or is there some kind of selection ?

I think it'll end up being anything.

1 hour ago, RadioIsOurs said:

As much I'd like to support independent artists, I think we're just gonna get more random soundcloud rappers on the charts... :saladga:

I see your point but keep in mind that only the popular SoundCloud rappers with at least a little bit of credit will end up on the charts. Anyways the charts don't really affect us :shrug:

RadioIsOurs
10 hours ago, Blue Madonna said:

I think it'll end up being anything.

I see your point but keep in mind that only the popular SoundCloud rappers with at least a little bit of credit will end up on the charts. Anyways the charts don't really affect us :shrug:

It does. It affects the trends of pop music, and what the labels decide to manufacture for the masses. 

This gives just as much of a chance as distribution companies already have given. It really makes no difference... 

Xalser

Archived