💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

We need to relax a bit and learn from the past

somnambulist

Featured Posts

somnambulist

I get it- Gaga is talented and her rise to the top when she started happened at the speed of light, she performs different genres with ease, plays instruments, and her first major acting role got her a golden globe, and her first lead role in film is getting critical acclaim for the most part.

That’s wonderful. 

But something I’ve noticed that happens on here all the time is people run with her accomplishments and then set some completely unrealistic expectations and then get disappointed when they don’t play out the way they want them.

At one point all we wanted was for the film to not SUCK, we were scared of Razzies and were hoping for at least that- now all of a sudden people are having fits because the movie isn’t winning all of the most prestigious awards in film. Can we calm down a bit? It took some of the most iconic actors of our time YEARS to get some of these awards. 

Of course it would be wonderful for her to win awards , but we haven’t even gotten to the award season yet and people are already having meltdowns over a few negative reviews and some lost awards, while ignoring the fact to date the movie still has a 100% on rotten tomatoes when you view top critics. 

Thats AMAZING for her first major film role. 

I remember TFM and BTW eras well, and when TFM won a bunch of awards this fan base got EXTREMELY cocky, so when Gaga lost most of the nominations for BTW it felt like a catastrophe to some people, like she was “failing” and “flopping” and on top of that other fan bases relished at her losing because monsters would always rub the wins in their faces and became insufferable. 

Let’s cheer her on and relax a bit, this is the beginning of a wonderful part of her career!

Defmix100
11 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

I get it- Gaga is talented and her rise to the top when she started happened at the speed of light, she performs different genres with ease, plays instruments, and her first major acting role got her a golden globe, and her first lead role in film is getting critical acclaim for the most part.

That’s wonderful. 

But something I’ve noticed that happens on here all the time is people run with her accomplishments and then set some completely unrealistic expectations and then get disappointed when they don’t play out the way they want them.

At one point all we wanted was for the film to not SUCK, we were scared of Razzies and were hoping for at least that- now all of a sudden people are having fits because the movie isn’t winning all of the most prestigious awards in film. Can we calm down a bit? It took some of the most iconic actors of our time YEARS to get some of these awards. 

Of course it would be wonderful for her to win awards , but we haven’t even gotten to the award season yet and people are already having meltdowns over a few negative reviews and some lost awards, while ignoring the fact to date the movie still has a 100% on rotten tomatoes when you view top critics. 

Thats AMAZING for her first major film role. 

I remember TFM and BTW eras well, and when TFM won a bunch of awards this fan base got EXTREMELY cocky, so when Gaga lost most of the nominations for BTW it felt like a catastrophe to some people, like she was “failing” and “flopping” and on top of that other fan bases relished at her losing because monsters would always rub the wins in their faces and became insufferable. 

Let’s cheer her on and relax a bit, this is the beginning of a wonderful part of her career!

I agree with everything you've said, a lot of fans take it as personal hits when something doesn't go as they expect. I just want to enjoy the movie and soundtrack, just focusing on potential awards feels like it's disregarding the intentions of the reason the film was made. If they continue to win awards then thats amazing and they deserve it but I can bet some people let wins/losses influence their like of a project, it's similar to the whole social media psychological link with what people like, changing depending on how many or how little likes a post has

Reality

I completely agree with what you said, and I cannot stress that enough!

I know 1000000% that when the Oscars come around, and if she doesn't win an award there will literally be dozens of threads like "Gaga didn't win..." or "What Gaga needs to do now..." or "The Oscars are a bunch of pretentious bullshit!" and things like that. 

Even if she gets a nomination, I'd be so extremely proud of her. Of course we'd all love for her to win, but just because ASIB isn't winning every award, and just because she doesn't end up winning an Oscar doesn't mean that it's over or that she's bad. She's absolutely phenomenal and I'm just so excited to see where she's going to take us next!

🃏🖤👹

Andrea B

I'd like to say that people should stop expecting a #1 hit form this movie, I've seen some members saying that she'll get a smash hit after the release of ASIB, and I honestly think there's a positively(the chances of her getting a big hit are bigger now) but we know Interscope and Gaga's team is not that good at Spotify promo(they're getting better)so I think we should lower our expectations, I think Gaga could get maybe a top 20 hit? or even a top 10 with the right promo. That's more realistic.

on the other hand, apparently,  Gaga wasn't getting a penny from streaming platforms until early 2017(when she renegotiated her contract with Interscope) so that explains why Gaga's team started promoting her music on Spotify a lot more in 2017, so yeah the chances of her getting a big hit are higher but we don't know what's going to happen in the future ,so lets lower our expectations a little bit.

ryanripley

i'm not expecting an oscar win

being a critical hit has already squashed like 60% of my worries, now i'm looking forward to the box office and ost performance

plus the film looks AMAZING and the music sounds INCREDIBLE so she's already won for me

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived