• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation

It’s fuccing majestic :messga:

Even tho the demo has that orgasmic intro they should’ve kept :cryga:

Mirrion Rizzons
20 hours ago, jimmytimestep said:

(The super long sustained note  at the end of the bridge which she then resolves up into the key change and goes full vibrato at the end which is super difficult after a long note)

that note isn't real though, you can hear it cut off and restart so they just added 2 notes together:poot:

regardless it slays and the song is a bop:vegas:

MonsterOfSpain

Although it's my less favorite song from ARTPOP it's still a bop and makes me look good and feel fine :poot: 

It's clearly the most distant song from what Gaga wanted ARTPOP to be, before Interscope decided to turn the album in something more "mainstream". (I seriously doubt Gaga wanted TWO songs about fashion in the album, Donatella was enough, and Fashion, especially so close, is redundant. )

Gaga talks a lot about her songs, and she talked about every songs on AP in her promo tour... but Fashion. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember a single interview in which Gaga said something about this song, which is curious since it was the first time she worked with Will.I.Am and David Guetta, both big big names in Pop industry (at that time). Clearly she wasn't particularly enthusiast to do so, otherwise she would have named them a billion time, as usual. :laughga:

That being said, the track is basic but cute, forgettable but enjoyable. The high is Gaga's voice, the Low that phony snob french accent Will.I.Am tried to do towards the end, it makes my ears bleed every time I hear it.

And yes, the song grew A LOT on me thanks to that GLORIOUS duet with Mama Ru. :heart: 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Fashion! has a very similar songwriting structure to Bowie's Let's Dance. 

Let's dance!

Put on your red shoes and dance the blues

Let's sway!

To the song that they're playing on the radio

vs.

Fashion!

Step into the room like it's a catwalk

Fashion!

Singing to the tune just to keep them talking

I always really appreciated that little nod! I wonder if anyone else has noticed. Anyways, whenever I hear Let's Dance on the radio or out in a club I can sing Fashion! over it and pretend they play Gaga deep cuts :laughga:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived