62 members have voted

1. 1. Florence babyyyyy

• Lungs
    • Ceremonials
    • How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful
    • High as Hope

Featured Posts

Thomas P

Her discography is filled with so many ****ing brilliant and beautiful songs. Every album is sonically stunning in their own way, and they are completely different from the other. 

My order:

4. Lungs

I think the reason I put Lungs below the other albums is, although almost every song is amazing in their own right, it sounds almost like she was trying every single thing she could, so the album lacks cohesion. I also feel like her voice has strengthened immensely since its release. 

3. How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful

I find it hard ranking the next 3 cause they're all on the same level imo. I think that this album is her at her most vulnerable ( that doesn't mean most personal). She sounds great, and she goes more into a rock vein here, and it suits her beautifully. Its an amazing album. 

2. Ceremonials

This is one of the best produced albums of all time imo. Every sound, you can almost tell was slaved over. It's kind of like an explosion of sound every song, and it just sounds like effort was actually put into this, which isn't the same for the albums by a lot of other artists. No Light, No Light alone makes this album a masterpiece. 

1. High as Hope

I know a lot of people are gonna disagree, because the album is so new, and it really sounds like nothing she's ever put out before, but I am fully obsessed with this album. Definitely the best album of this year. The lyrics are phenomenal, and its the most personal she's ever been. End of Love, June, Hunger, etc. are so beautiful, and I think this will be remembered as her best with a couple years (**** you pitchfork :triggered:). 

Anteewayees aunties, vote for queen Florence, and stream Hey Girl now. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Mister Gaga

omg this is SO difficult. But i'll go with Ceremonials. It's so colosal, full of those big choruses and that baroque style that i like so much :giveup:

Thomas P
1 minute ago, Mister Gaga said:

omg this is SO difficult

Its the last three albums. They are all pretty much the same level in quality imo, so its literally how I feel at this moment. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

I'm biased because I think How Big How Blue How Beautiful is a pop masterpiece (up there with BTW). There's such a grandiosity in its intense emotion, heightened by its absolutely incredible short films. That whole era is a work of art.

But the lyrics of High as Hope are so devastating. Even if I'm not a fan of it as much musically, the whole album is like tragic poetry.

3 points in and ready for more

Also, I think Grace is one of her absolute best songs, so I'll give that to HIH. The lyric

you were the one I treated the worst / only because you loved me the most

gets me every time.

Punktious

I don't like piting beautiful, strong women against each other.

But for me, HBx3 is by far my favorite. However, I need to listen to High As Hope more but I think I'll definitely love it more soon.

Dukttape

Ultimately, HB³. It was between that and Ceremonials. I think the latter is the better of the 2, but Ceremonials has a much stronger emotional connection. For some reason, I ended up comparing my 2 favorite bonus songs from them and Which Witch edged out Bedroom Hymns. Incredibly solid artist all around though. Bless

Mister Gaga
27 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Its the last three albums. They are all pretty much the same level in quality imo, so its literally how I feel at this moment. 

oh, for me it's the other way around: the first three (don't get me wrong, i adore High As Hope, but the others are better imo).

This is super duper tough but I have to give HBHBHB the crown! That album was and still is astonishing! I remember thinking she probably can't top it, and when HAH came out I was right. Don't get me wrong, HAH is sublime but HBHBHB will forever be more divine :diane: while we're at it, let's all (re)watch the incredible film :tony:

Spoiler

Shoutout to Ceremonials tho! Her second best work! That masterpiece made me a stan for life!

Ceremonials is the definitely my top 1, the sound, the imagery, and the overall package are topnotch.

I can't decide between High As Hope and Lungs for the second and third spots. 

I didn't get into HB, HB, HB, I like some of the songs but Idk, I tried to love it when it was released but it wasn't for me. I listen to it from time to time, I like it now tho. 

BalmungBard
1 hour ago, Miel said:

Also, I think Grace is one of her absolute best songs, so I'll give that to HIH. The lyric

you were the one I treated the worst / only because you loved me the most

gets me every time.

Grace is such a beautiful song, she had such a dislike for her sister growing up and didn’t appreciate her and her sister still loved and supported her no matter how much Florence pushed her away and to apologize she wrote her this amazing song now everyone can sing along and tell Grace how loved she is.

It hits home to me because I didn’t appreciate my little sister when I was younger and she always showed how much she loved me and it wasn’t until I came out to her and she hugged me cried with me that I realized I wasn’t appreciating her enough. I dedicated this song to her and she loves it.

NYC - Gamer - Artist - Writer - FFXIV Balmung

I've struggled with this question a lot myself over the past few months. Lungs means a lot to me and I listened to it constantly when it came out, but I'd go with Ceremonials. Lungs, Ceremonials, and HBHBHB are all nearly on the same level, but Ceremonials is just so dense. It's insane. :firega:

Okay, but can we at least give songs from Final Fantasy XV the credit its due? No? I'm banished to my corner again, huh? Lols

Okays, it's really hard since Florence is so talented. She has like zero filler.

4. Ugh. It's so hard to put something here. But... HBHBHB. I'm not putting it down here because I want to, but like... I think it's the only place to quantify my love for the other albums.

3. Ceremonials. However, I could easily put lungs or HBHBHB here other days and push it up or down. This album is just everything Florence and the Machine.

2. Lungs. Cosmic Love, Rabbit Heart, Girl with One Eye, Hardest of Hearts, Drumming Song... Just these songs man.

1. High as Hope. Just because it's further exploration. And End of Love. Just those first lines.

Special mentions for Stand By Me and Too Much Is Never Enough.

This is so hard bc her first 3 albums are in my top 10 favorite albums ever. So I think it goes:

4. High As Hope - I might need to listen more but I found it kinda boring

3. Lungs - so many amazing songs but perhaps a few forgettable

2. HBHBHB only slightly behind

1. Ceremonials - for me it is the most cohesive and every song is epic and huge...even in the most subtle ways. 

11 hours ago, Gyan said:

This is super duper tough but I have to give HBHBHB the crown! That album was and still is astonishing! I remember thinking she probably can't top it, and when HAH came out I was right. Don't get me wrong, HAH is sublime but HBHBHB will forever be more divine :diane: while we're at it, let's all (re)watch the incredible film :tony:

Reveal hidden contents

Shoutout to Ceremonials tho! Her second best work! That masterpiece made me a stan for life!

ok but this to me is the golden standard of long-form pop visuals!!!

Archived