💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Team Ariana Jump Ship on GIAW?

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

"God Is a Woman" became the second single from Ariana Grande's album Sweetener, over 9 weeks ago. "Breathin'" was announced as the third single this week. This gives a two month gap between the two singles. Typically there is a 3 month spread, or more if the single is very successful. 

"God Is A Woman" was initially received with praise (and still is) and was predicted to become a hit. The song hit the Top 10 (it's peak of #8) the week the album was released and spent a second week in the top ten the following week (at #10). However, the song has dropped down and this week, even though it went up 1 spot, it decreased in points. Now with "Breathin'" being the third single, the focus will go onto that song and "GIAW" will almost certainly suffer on radio because of that. 

Here is GIAW's performance on the Hot 100

God Is A Woman (2018) *2 weeks in Top 10 (so far)*
1st Week: #11 
2nd Week: #21
3rd Week: #27
4th Week: #39
5th Week: #30 
6th Week: #8 - PEAK POSITION
7th Week: #10
8th Week: #17
9th Week: #16 (still charting)

Could "GIAW" have flourished more given more time?

Stephen

I don't think so because the song isn't that great. The video is fantastic and the lyric itself "god is a woman" is really exciting but other than that the song is just nothing special. :icega: 

Thomas P

I think the song may have run it’s course. Breathing is the favourite, and most people are wanting her to push it now instead of GIAW. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

I think with more promotion it would stay top 15 for a while but I cannot picture this song becoming a hit and entering top 5. Even less now that so much mess happened to Ariana and she probably will focus on her health

migamiga

i think it's smarter to move onto breathin. with streaming and the way culture is moving, there's no point in trying to push giaw. it's already peaked imo and they're trying to push breathin while it's still hot. too bad though cause giaw deserved to smash so much harder.

Sneaky Oliver

I thought GIAW would smash:icega: Not even religious stuff is enough to save a pop song on the charts in 2018 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

VoldeLorde2

They took too long when sending GIAW to radio and they should've released breathin' as a single as soon as the album came out, with a video a week or two after. 

I think she'll be pretty absent this era considering she said she wanted to take a break. NTLTC will be the only stable hit. 

Mister Gaga
33 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Could "GIAW" have flourished more given more time?

i think so. This has already happened when Into You was slowly rising...she released S2S when Into You was entering the Top 10 on pop radio. Same is happening here i believe.

Mulholland

I don't think the song had a longer chart haul in it. She could have maybe squeezed out another week or two in the top 10 if she'd, like, gone and performed it on every morning and evening talk show? But I don't think it would have reached a higher peak. 

I think it's too similar to Side to Side, plus it was released when NTLTC was still hanging around and after the non-event of TLIC, and then Breathin really stole the little thunder it had left when the album actually came out.

38 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I think the song may have run it’s course. Breathing is the favourite, and most people are wanting her to push it now instead of GIAW. 

Agreed, It's her magnum opus in my mind it's better than most of her singles she has ever released. 

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

Gypsy Life

They probably just ran out of promo spots and payola. She performed it everywhere and that damn song was spammed to death on Spotify.

Archived