💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did MTN as a single choice end Gaga's huge GP success?

edengowon

Featured Posts

Regina George

LOL... No. MTN is one of the best songs on BTW.. And I wouldn’t change anything in that era.. What ruined her was Troy’s managing skills during ARTPOP era.. They made choices that are out of this world.. Shame because ARTPOP is good album.. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHALLOW

Yes, it was completely unnecessary and also not really single material. Bloody Mary/GH would’ve been a better single choice

20 hours ago, TheodoreRx said:

No, most popstars have flop singles once in awhile, we were just spoiled up until that point.

OMG THIS!!!! I never realize how true this is :deadbanana: I mean her singles were always top 10 until MTN :smh: still I'm happy we got 5 videos that era, even with the simple TEOG video .

OT: I'm glad Gaga follow her guts and made MTN a single, she wanted it to be one since the start & personally I don't care about charts, Joanne is my favorite album and we all know how that ended :sweat:...what really hits my nerve is how many videos we got in an era :icega: AP was a torture for me :emma:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

SPARTACUS
6 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

What?? This isn't even inherently negative lmao... he just wants to discuss a negativity aspect of her career and talk about why it may have happened. If we don't discuss these things we'll end up become delusional like the BeyHive 

:oprah:

Ya

tumblr_inline_owfx6nUSky1ugm4sx_540_zpsu

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀ℱ

Mess at those thinking the GP weren't here for Alejandro. The GP ate Alejandro up and the video though it got controversy, everyone was living for. It was probably the most Fame Monster event of the era. It also had global impact. I literally can't recall any casual music listener not loving Alejandro, most of my non-gaga fans friends deem it as one of her best. 

It was the whole face and body bones thing she did for interviews, BTW music video, Judas and her as Jo at the Vma's that made the GP have it with her, hence no one bothered with MTN. It's funny because TEOG and You&I are literally GP favs till this very day, I'm surprised she didn't perform them at the Superbowl.  

And because of that, they weren't giving ARTPOP their time of day. Followed by a controversial duet and no video with R.Kelly by the time G.U.Y was out it was already too late. Obviously, Katy competition factored in. I feel had something so polished such as G.U.Y as lead with its MV kicked off the era, followed by Gypsy as second single. Maybe the Gp would have bought into the era. 

Thankfully, C2C, Joanne and her acting career has revived the GP's love and respect for her. It hasn't been this cool to like Lady Gaga since TFM :vegas:

gagaisitalian

She still has GP success, but if any song ruined her image it was Judas. Judas is the reason why TEOG and You & I weren't smash hits. Marry the Night would have never done well as it was too unique for 2011 radio.

TeenIdle
19 hours ago, PerfectGUY said:

You guys need to see that it didn't started with Judas but rather Alejandro's video

Then Born This Way's sound

Then Born This Way plastic horns

Then Born This Way's video

Then Judas

The Alejandro video made her a 'satamist', the meat dress made her 'weird' and then Born This Way made her 'too gay'. Judas was bound to flop :selena:

27monster27

There is a website that explains this rather well. From that website one can conclude that the main factor is the overhype and overexposure that Lady Gaga received during and leading up to the Born This Way era. I don't disagree with people that say that the meanings of previous songs and videos may have had an impact on this as well, but I don't believe that they necessarily are the main reasons.

he/him/his

RickMonster98

It's not like it flopped that hard. Considering it was the fifth single it was a moderate hit worldwide, especially in the uk

so no, imo it definitely did not end gaga's huge gb success... ARTPOP messy promo did it :reductive:

SCHEISSEMONTRE
On 9/18/2018 at 11:57 AM, Vegas said:

No, it was Alejandro mv. She played it “safe” until that music video. 

Born this way message and Judas concept ended her massive appeal. 

It’s mostly Alejandro and Judas that kill her appeal to the GP imo 

Mychal

Wet Fire

Judas was it.

Everyone I've played MTN to loved it and many of them said they had not heard it.

But Judas as s song was killer. It was the entire Easter drama and all.

But who cares? Her SB halftime is the most viewed performance ever across all audio visual platforms. Wasn't it? :messga:

TEETHTEETH

No. But threads like this are ending my interest in her fan base. 

If anything it strengthen it. That song won over even some of my (conservative) family members to start listening to her. It is such a strong powerful song. And, it introduced rock elements yet stayed true to gaga. If she kept releasing the same song over and over *cough*judas*cough* it would widdle the GP interest because she would become predictable. 

So to anyone that it applies, stop trying to justify your preference just to say what if. It would be easier for you to say that you're just not into everything gaga gives priority. 

Archived