💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

American Horror Story fans: rank every season with best and worst elements

voidfigure

Featured Posts

Luke78619

MH has the best plot twists imo, especially Violets death. The characters were also on point, and none of the “let’s make this character gay coz why not” bullshit :green: don’t attack me but this show is becoming very camp :green: there are three gay guys in the apocalypse outpost :green:  I honestly can’t think of anything bad about MH tho

Asylum is my fave, although not too much happens in the first half. The story, setting and characters are all brilliant 

Coven has the best camera work, the shots were great. Not very scary though

freakshow was still good for me, I don’t get the hate, I just rewatched it and can’t see much wrong with it. Just pissed that they killed off twisty so early

hotel probably has some of the best characters, but they were wasted by the hundreds of plots 

Roanoke was a great concept, but too similar to MH. I guess that’s why they switched up the way it’s made

cult was great, loved the gore involved at points, just became too complicated with a twist at the end of every episode, you’re just constantly expecting twists 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Murder House
- best plot twist
- best atmosphere
- scariest creature

Coven
- best funny moments
- best female characters
- best death scene (Zoe)
- bad plot progression (not the worst though, it just went downhill in the following seasons)

Freak Show
- best nostalgic vibes
- best music
- best killers

Asylum
- best lead characters
- best scenario
- best evil characters

Cult
- best political statement
- best (and only) non-use of paranormal things
- worst plot progression, it could have turned into something smart but no, let's just kill everyone because it's fun lol

Hotel
- best Gaga
- worst plot direction (too many characters and stories)

Roanoke
- best idea (the story within the story, and a whole new thing in the middle of the season)
- worst execution, worst characters, worst deaths, everything was meaningless, nothing was scary, it became a parody of a parody

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Bloodyjack

I actually really loved hotel and think it's my favorite season. It's so beautifully shot and the cinematography is amazing. It reminded me of suspiria and inferno. I also really enjoyed how it did everything to push the boundaries of what we'd already seen from AHS and it has some of the most shocking scenes like the sewing threesome and the drill butt rape scene 

josephalexander

1. Roanoke 

- scariest, most classic horror feel that actually terrified me and it was the most fun to watch for me 

- I don’t know why y’all hatin :triggered:

2. Murder House

- terrifying, fun, and incredibly well written and acted 

- no complaints tbh

3. Asylum

- incredible story, characters, and art direction

- nothing 

4. Hotel

- the most aesthetically pleasing, also watching The Countess was so fun

- the whole other story line of John Lowe that no one cares about and lots of other lackluster story arcs 

5. Cult

- scary, interesting, good storyline

- not scary once you know who all the clowns are :/ a little too referential to present day life idk 

6. Coven

- some of the best characters to be on AHS and one of the most fun to watch 

- the story or lack thereof

7. Freakshow

- twisty seemed promising as a scary villain

- literally everything else why did they do Jessica Lange like that 

SpookyKid

I'm too lazy to explain, so I'll just give you the list :air: 

1- Asylum

2- Cult

3- Murder House

4- Hotel

5- Roanoke

6- Coven

7- Freakshow

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Diamonster

((Murder House: I haven't watched further than the first couple episodes :laughga: I couldn't tolerate Violet.))

1 .Asylum: The plot was great to me, I liked the sub plots as well. It wasn't filled with holes with no explanation. I liked the characters, and it kept me interested the whole time

2. Coven: It was one of the last with decent plot, it was interesting as well as not filled with holes. I really liked the witches and the different supernatural things going on. It served looks as well. BALENCIAGA.

3. Cult: I just liked it, after a couple of shitty seasons it was good, it had geys and cool masks, and plot twists, It kept me interested.

4. Hotel: SO MUCH POTENTIAL LOST. What even was the need for that detective, he could be removed and it'd barely touch the plot, too much unnecessary filling ended up leaving SO many plot holes in actually interesting storylines, so many unexplained things, SO much was wasted, ugh. Also Gags :v:

5. Freakshow: PEPPER'S BACKSTORY :messga: it was a fun season but too all over the place, everyone just got killed idk why, it just, mess. 

6. Roanoke: I often forget this season even existed, it just was so bad. The unnecessary sex scenes just because Gaga, the dumb reality part, no. It could have redeemed itself if Sarah's character had survived in the end but they killed her and it just killed any excitement for a plot twist 

1. Asylum

Best: lead characters (Jude, Lana, Kit), pacing, main storyline, everything explained

Worst: nothing

2. Roanoke (yes, drag me)

Best: original idea, killings, horror elements, plot twist that everyone already predicted, yet still goodly executed

Worst: it seemed like they lost their 'purpose' after the plot twist, and it kinda became a mess, but they went for a simple slasher horror theme which actually turned out to be good, except for the last episode, that's the worst episode in all of AHS

3. Freak Show

Best: best side-ish storylines with Dandy and Pepper, best connection to other seasons

Worst: all storylines were wrapped up in a few episodes, Neil Patrick Harris's cameo

4. Cult

Best: character developments

Worst: well, idk what they were thinking with the clowns, also way too many unrealistic elements for a plot that's grounded in reality

5. Coven

Best: side characters, mythology, first episode

Worst: became a complete mess by the second part of the season, it became quite hard to get trough each episode

6. Hotel

Best: Gaga, Liz Taylor, cinematography

Worst: probably the biggest mess of a season

7. Murder House

Best: finale, plot twists

Worst: since it was the first season, the typical 'AHS' tone wasn't really set, and it was all over the place

voidfigure
7 hours ago, Arcanum said:

Sis satan-nun was life in season 2. She existed long before Valak. :legend:

Valak is an ancient demon, Sister Mary Eunice is a poor nun from 1964...

voidfigure
6 hours ago, Bloodyjack said:

I actually really loved hotel and think it's my favorite season. It's so beautifully shot and the cinematography is amazing. It reminded me of suspiria and inferno. I also really enjoyed how it did everything to push the boundaries of what we'd already seen from AHS and it has some of the most shocking scenes like the sewing threesome and the drill butt rape scene 

Fun fact: Darren Criss is watching Suspiria in his room before Iris comes inside and you know what

Queen Gloria

Coven

Asylum

Hotel

Murder House

Freak Show

Cult

Roanoke

I think they all suffer from the same worst element, which is random plot points that end up straying too far from the main story and never end up being wrapped up. 

Archived