💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did Lady Gaga Get Short-Changed In 2009-2012?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

When considering how successful a legend was, one of the big things to look at is sales in their career. Now streams are a big thing

Gaga's peak in 2009-2012 was at a time when neither was doing well. Most songs were already illegally downloaded with things like limewire or frostwire but streaming wasn't counted yet also YouTube back then didn't get as many views because at first mostly only new generation whatched music videos with YouTube also some developing Countries only started really spiking in their internet usage the last few years which may also explain some of the increased views these days

Gaga was a time when sales had plummeted but streaming legally was only taking off and as such her best years didn't register their full potential numbers statistically

Not really.  We compare her numbers to other artists in that time frame, that's why they're impressive etc.

We also have no idea if her career would have taken off the way it did with streams to contend with.  I'm sure it would have but you don't know what other artists she may have had to contend with or songs that may have been huge with the power of streaming.

Economy
5 minutes ago, Benji said:

Not really.  We compare her numbers to other artists in that time frame, that's why they're impressive etc.

We also have no idea if her career would have taken off the way it did with streams to contend with.  I'm sure it would have but you don't know what other artists she may have had to contend with or songs that may have been huge with the power of streaming.

I think she would of done great with streaming. She was the first to reach 1 billion views on YouTube and bad romance at the time was the most viewed video in the entire internet!

Those numbers at the time were super impressive

PS: I'm not suggesting she should of came out at a different time because a lot could of happened differently. I just meant numbers back then took a dive in sales yet streams did not yet take off

Reject False Icons
23 minutes ago, Economy said:

I think she would of done great with streaming. She was the first to reach 1 billion views on YouTube and bad romance at the time was the most viewed video in the entire internet!

Those numbers at the time were super impressive

PS: I'm not suggesting she should of came out at a different time because a lot could of happened differently. I just meant numbers back then took a dive in sales yet streams did not yet take off

It was the first video to reach 100 million views, I guess. 

Anyway It was so much bigger than today with these videos with more than 1 billion views :firega:

Mirrion Rizzons
25 minutes ago, PequenoMonstruo said:

It was the first video to reach 100 million views,

and 200 million:staymad::firega:

Economy
49 minutes ago, PequenoMonstruo said:

It was the first video to reach 100 million views, I guess. 

Anyway It was so much bigger than today with these videos with more than 1 billion views :firega:

23 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

and 200 million:staymad::firega:

In pretty sure "Charlie Bit Me" got there first at 100m but first to reach 200M yes

And she was first account to reach 1 billion views which at the time was insane

Mirrion Rizzons
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

In pretty sure "Charlie Bit Me" got there first at 100m but first to reach 200M yes

And she was first account to reach 1 billion views which at the time was insane

I remember being 7 and watching bad romance on the x factor UK in like december 2009 and the intro said "500 million hits on youtube" and I was SHOOK:firega:

Economy
12 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

I remember being 7 and watching bad romance on the x factor UK in like december 2009 and the intro said "500 million hits on youtube" and I was SHOOK:firega:

Wow u were young

I'm surprised at how you get her fanbase is in general. She came out when I was only 14 and I'm still older than most of GGD

Was she seducing 10 year olds? :air:

PerfectGUY
Just now, Economy said:

More than you think

Just Dance came out when I was 9 

And all of the shocking videos were A THING at school

And I think it's because we were young

Like I was really SHOCKED : my heart was plumping loud, I closed my eyes half the video

It really was SOMETHING and I understand why parents were afraid :derpga: The thing is that when I was 14 I wasn't shocked at all rewatching the shocking stuff, maybe because I was older

Her strategy was actually working with young people more than we think

Economy
1 hour ago, PerfectGUY said:

More than you think

Just Dance came out when I was 9 

And all of the shocking videos were A THING at school

And I think it's because we were young

Like I was really SHOCKED : my heart was plumping loud, I closed my eyes half the video

It really was SOMETHING and I understand why parents were afraid :derpga: The thing is that when I was 14 I wasn't shocked at all rewatching the shocking stuff, maybe because I was older

Her strategy was actually working with young people more than we think

Interesting

See people in highschool when she first came out (I had already started highschool when Just Dance really took off) liked her initially when she was.more normal

They liked her less after bad romance when she was "shocking" which u liked and most ppl just thought she was weird and were turned off by her

Widows Kiss

Tbh, if she debuted today in the streaming age, she'd break streaming records left and right. Imagine both PF and BR with 1 billion Spotify streams and ~3 billion youtube views. :giveup:

Mirrion Rizzons
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Wow u were young

I'm surprised at how you get her fanbase is in general. She came out when I was only 14 and I'm still older than most of GGD

hehe I loved her in 2009-2010 but then people my age started to slander her like they did bieber back then, then I became a proper fan again after ahs hotel:vegas:

Economy
4 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

:ladyhaha:

Fixed thanks!

Stupid Autocorrect always thinks it knows what I meant better than myself and changes it without permission :neyde:

Archived