💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Sesame Street writer clarifies whether Bert and Ernie are a gay couple

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

SPARTACUS

A former “Sesame Street” writer says there’s some truth to the long-standing rumors that two of the show’s most beloved characters, Bert and Ernie, are gay. 

Emmy winner Mark Saltzman, who is credited with having worked on 31 episodes of “Sesame Street” that aired from 1985 through 1998, told LGBTQ news outlet Queerty he always saw Bert and Ernie as a same-sex couple. 

“I remember one time that a column from The San Francisco Chronicle, a preschooler in the city turned to mom and asked, ‘Are Bert and Ernie lovers?’ And that, coming from a preschooler was fun,” Saltzman said in an interview published Sept. 16. “And that got passed around, and everyone had their chuckle and went back to it. And I always felt that without a huge agenda, when I was writing Bert and Ernie, they were. I didn’t have any other way to contextualize them.”

The writer, whose other credits include “The Jim Henson Hour” and the TV movie musical, “Mrs. Santa Claus,” went on to suggest that the Bert and Ernie’s storylines were inspired by his real-life relationship. 

“The other thing was, more than one person referred to Arnie & I as ‘Bert & Ernie,’” Saltzman said, referring to his partner, Arnold Glassman, a filmmaker and film editor who died in 2003.

“I was already with Arnie when I came to ‘Sesame Street.’ So I don’t think I’d know how else to write them, but as a loving couple,” he said. “I wrote sketches … Arnie’s OCD would create friction with how chaotic I was. And that’s the Bert and Ernie dynamic.”

“Sesame Street” issued the following statement in response to Saltzman’s remarks Tuesday.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sesame-street-bert-and-ernie-gay_us_5ba13617e4b04d32ebfd57f2

BUT THEN

In a statement posted on Twitter, the Sesame Workshop said: “As we have always said, Bert and Ernie are best friends. They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/bert-and-ernie-not-gay_uk_5ba1467be4b013b0977fc4f5?utm_hp_ref=uk-entertainment

So what's the truth!? cm_zpsfgrqi8bh.gif

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

SPARTACUS
11 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

If they aren't hate-****ing, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

They've been roommates for decades.  They ****in.

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

47 minutes ago, SpeechIess said:

chile it's a kids show, mess

It normalizes gays to kids if they are gay.

Plus, do you honestly believe only children are watching sesame Street? When caring people care for children, they have to watch what they watch and become invested, so they can answer a child's question.

Also, My Little Pony has an entire fandom of twenty year old men.

47 minutes ago, SpeechIess said:

chile it's a kids show, mess

It normalizes gays to kids if they are gay.

Plus, do you honestly believe only children are watching sesame Street? When caring people care for children, they have to watch what they watch and become invested, so they can answer a child's question.

Also, My Little Pony has an entire fandom of twenty year old men.

Smother Em Eh

Apparently but they made them “brothers” due to it being a show for kids. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

SPARTACUS
28 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

We've been known that @Kermit gets around.

Ya but we didn't know he was in to DP. :huntyga:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Archived