ASIB competing in Drama category at Golden Globes

Scathach

Featured Posts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P

That canā€™t be trueĀ :lolly::lolly:

Iā€™m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Reality

Does this make more sense though?? Obviously I havenā€™t seen the movie but from what it looks like, it seems to be a dramaĀ centered around music,Ā not necessarily a musical in and of itselfĀ 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

tbh this is what I expected? It's not a musical if there's like 3Ā full songs in the whole movie, it's just a movie about music.

Scathach
Just now, M Monstre said:

Does this make more sense though?? Obviously I havenā€™t seen the movie but from what it looks like, it seems to be a dramaĀ centered around music,Ā not necessarily a musical in and of itselfĀ 

Ā 

Just now, neptugne said:

tbh this is what I expected? It's not a musical if there's like 3Ā full songs in the whole movie, it's just a movie about music.

1976 was in musical category so everyone expected the same for this one

Bradley
1 minute ago, neptugne said:

It has 19 songs, maybe not every single one is performed in full but there are A LOT of songsĀ :air:

NOOOOOOOOOOĀ :grr:

This might as well be the dumbest possible move.Ā Drama is so competitive and theyā€™d NEVER award a musical in it. Itā€™s reserved for films considered ā€œimportantā€ like Roma or BlacKkKlansman. It also reserves Gaga and Bradley to Best Actor/Actress in a Drama Movie and theyā€™d have much better chances in Comedy/Musical.

If WB f***s this up Iā€™m going to their headquarters to protestĀ :grr:

headspin, happiness, DEĢ¤Ģ£AĢ¢ĢÆĶ”Ģ˜TĶĶ™Ģ—ĢŸĢ«HĶ”Ķ…Ģ—Ģ™

Scathach
2 minutes ago, gag said:

NOOOOOOOOOOĀ :grr:

This might as well be the dumbest possible move.Ā Drama is so competitive and theyā€™d NEVER award a musical in it. Itā€™s reserved for films considered ā€œimportantā€ like Roma or BlacKkKlansman. It also reserves Gaga and Bradley to Best Actor/Actress in a Drama Movie and theyā€™d have much better chances in Comedy/Musical.

If WB f***s this up Iā€™m going to their headquarters to protestĀ :grr:

It actually belongs in drama because it is not a musical or a comedy. We just all thought it would be in the later category.

Regina George

IDK why are y'all so surprised... ASIB is def not your traditional musical (yes it has many songs in it and yes it has soundtrack but it is not traditional musical).. When you think about it it's more of a drama.. And it's def not comedy..Ā 

SpaceAce

It makes sense to me. If it wins awards in the drama categories, come Oscar time, Bradley and Gaga will be taken more seriously in their acting categories.Ā 

Archived