Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Favourite Lorde album? (POLL)

Thomas P

Favourite?   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite

• Pure Heroine (a teen full of angst)
    • Melodrama (a 20YO epileptic superstar)

Featured Posts

Thomas P

I think she’s one of very few pop artists who can say that she only has masterpieces in her discography. You cannot name ONE single Lorde song that I don’t love. IMO she’s the best lyricist of this decade (alongside Kendrick Lamar obviously), and she has such a unique and appealing voice that draws me in, and gives her this cool mysterious vibe that I love so much. 

I love Pure Heroine because it was released at the perfect time for me. I was turning 13 in a couple of months, and the album managed to be the main soundtrack of my life from then til 16. I felt every word she said, and since I live in the suburbs, I could relate a lot to the way she described living as a teenager. I remember getting the CD for my 13 birthday that year, and I was more excited about that than I was the other 2 CDs I got (I’m gonna hide now, cause they were ARTPOP, and Beyoncé ST :bye:). 

Her sound evolved emensly after Pure Heroine.

Melodrama is truly the album of my lifetime i think. The kind of sonic flourishes used in Melodrama have become my favourite things to hear in pop songs now. The maximalist instrumentation killed me from the very first listen. The lyrics were obviously on point, but this time around her vocals just blossomed into something so much more powerful than PH. Lorde seemed happy, and I felt happy listening to it (even though it’s themes are actually much more depressing :vegas:). It’s been my favourite album released in the past two years, with absolutely no competition. I can see it becoming my all time favourite album, but I’m gonna give another few years before I start declaring **** like that. Once again it came out at the perfect time for me, so it’s just matched my life so perfectly that it destroys the competition in terms of other releases (BTW is that album, but I was 10 when it was released so it really didn’t pair well with my life until later on, and the effect had kind of warn out at that point...if that makes sense). 

So long story short, I prefer Melodrama but both albums are two of my favourites :selena:

I know this site is riddled with Lorde stans so I want to know which album is preferred. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

sethrb101
7 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Melodrama if we don’t count that remix with Khalid and SZA :green:

We don't :ohwell:

It's not bad, but no

#Gaga2020

evil sheep

i love BOTH albums, but PH has this "nostalgic" sound that i prefer 

Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry

crackpoppodcast

Lorde is the true kween honestly. Can’t wait for what’s next but I agree that Melodrama could go down as the best album I’ve heard/was released in my lifetime 😎

KatieJudasGaga4

Melodrama deserved Album Of The Year.

I was really surprised by Lorde tbh, the only songs I heard from her before Melodrama was Royals and Team. I gave Melodrama a listen and I was so surprised and I loved it, its my favorite album from an artist I haven't listened very much, then I listened to Pure Heroin and I loved it, but I prefer Melodrama!

Anderson123

I was a casual fan of Lorde around the time Pure Heroine was out and being promoted but Melodrama was on another level. It was an album that made me feel the same way Born This Way did when it was released. I'm still mad because it deserved to be the Album of the Year, at least it got a nomination but could've easily taken the Pop Vocal Album had they put it there as well.

KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

I was a casual fan of Lorde around the time Pure Heroine was out and being promoted but Melodrama was on another level. It was an album that made me feel the same way Born This Way did when it was released. I'm still mad because it deserved to be the Album of the Year, at least it got a nomination but could've easily taken the Pop Vocal Album had they put it there as well.

Yes to Album of The Year, but to vocals, I think Joanne should've won tho. My opinion, but it should've one

I'm sorry that I can't vote...I love both of her albums :selena:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

Archived