Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is COADF one of the best pop albums of all time?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Yes, I'm so glad that it's her last album, she really finished her career with a bang and her legacy speaks to itself while she's enjoying her life with her beautiful kids! :flutter:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

For sure. Lyrics, melodies, production, vocals and the themes she explores are flawless. And it still sounds more fresh than some albums released this year

Smother Em Eh
Just now, GagaInTheZone said:

For sure. Lyrics, melodies, production and the themes she explores are flawless. And it still sounds more fresh than some albums released this year

Yes indeed. A timeless masterpiece! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

It’s possibly her most overrated album. Yes, the singles were timeless bangers, and I adore disco, but the fillers are obvious. “Forbidden Love” sounds tired, “I Love New York” is cringey, “Isaac” doesn’t have its place, and “Let It Will Be”  and “How High” are like the same song. 

I do give the album credit for its incredible mixing (excluding the transition from “Hung Up” to “Get Together,” which unfortunately should have been the best as it ties two good songs together). However, her best albums are still either Erotica or American Life, but I don’t argue when people pick Ray Of Light either. 

DONAJENDRO

It's a cool and pretty fun album. It hasn't aged exceptionally well, but it's still very enjoyable.

The production/mixing sounds great too. It's interesting how the sound sets it so far apart from all her other albums (MDNA comes sort of close on some songs) that she doesn't perform songs from the album on tour that much.

Mad Onna

SPARTACUS

Definitely one of her best!  I'll never understand why she doesn't work with the same producers again.

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Lord Temptation

Well I will say that it is her last great album. Nothing since COAD has matched it in quality :reductive:

I like the awkward lyrics in Confessions. It’s campy all the way but there is an honesty in that where for once Her Madgesty stops trying to be cool and just embraces her inner dork. She wasn’t trying to bring disco back, she was just paying homage to the era that inspired her to want to be a performer :diane:

Confessions is in my top 3 Madge records alongside Erotica and her debut btw

If ya’ll want to talk about overrated try Ray of Light :madge:

Archived