💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Good German Songs?

A Hybrid

Featured Posts

A Hybrid

Ich muss mein Deutsch verbessern :derpga:

Anyone know any good German songs, artists or albums?

If it helps, my favorites in English are Gaga, Arctic Monkeys, P!ATD, Muse, Lorde, The Kooks and Jack White

So I dislike hip hop/rap, and like catchy but unique pop and (maybe a bit modernized) rock. 

I failed to find such songs in German. Anyone care to share some songs that I may like? Even if not, I’d love to hear your favorite german songs.

Danke schön :laughga:

PS: Eigentlich ist mein Deutsch nicht so schlecht, aber es wäre schön, wenn es so gut wie mein Englisch wäre : )

No family’s safe when I sashay

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOT Schlager aka Helene Fischer and co.:huntyga:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Widows Kiss

I don't think there is German music besides Schlager and German rap which are probably not your cup of tea. :messga:
You could try Helene Fischer (Schlager), she's like the German Taylor Swift. Also, Katja Krasavice, the German queen of pop. :huntyga:

Henri Bardot

Je ne parle pas français - Namika

God, they played that song all the time in Luxembourg, and yes it's in German. :laughga:

AND THE QUEEN NINA HAGEN.

She's AMAZING. 

Her music is very interesting, as her story as a person.

She's the best German artist for me.

Nina Hagen REMEMBER THAT NAME.

pooiota

A Hybrid

Thanks guys, I’ll definitely check these out when I get back home :) 

Maybe some of the newer Oomph! albums? "Wahreheit oder Pflicht", "GlaubeLiebeTod", "Monster", "Des Wahnsinns fette Beute"? Sadly, I didn't like the newest one, "XXV", at all. If you don't like metal and rather rough and distorted electronic music I wouldn't recommend checking out their older stuff. (Though I absolutely love it and their early works definitely shaped my taste when it comes to music).

BornAsUnic0rn
20 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

I don't think there is German music besides Schlager and German rap which are probably not your cup of tea. :messga:
You could try Helene Fischer (Schlager), she's like the German Taylor Swift. Also, Katja Krasavice, the German queen of pop. :huntyga:

What the literal f*ck? What bullsh*t kind of answer is this? You obviously know there is more than German rap & Schlager. And these two together don’t even sum up near half of the German music business.

A Hybrid
5 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

What the literal f*ck? What bullsh*t kind of answer is this? You obviously know there is more than German rap & Schlager. And these two together don’t even sum up near half of the German music business.

That’s obviously true, every nation has its wide and unique popular music culture. Any recommendations from you?

Just now, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Yeah, not to mention more alternative artists, that are pioneers in many genres of music, like Kraftwerk, DAF, KMFDM, Die Krupps, Einstürzende Neubauten. 

TittyGlitterDance

I like Marteria. 

I know you said you don't like hip hop/rap but like... you should. 

Find solace in the privilege to pursue, Most people are crushed into servitude

Archived