Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Shangela's and Lukas Nelson‘s Q&A on ASIB

Vitleysingur

Featured Posts

Vitleysingur

shangela-june-2018-billboard-1548.jpg

Both you and fellow Drag Race alum Willam have roles in the movie. Were you cast at the same time?

Shangela: No, I believe we were cast at different times.

The film, to be honest, as the film came about, the scene with the drag bar got cut, I believe. And if I had this right, Gaga fought for those scenes to be brought back into the film because she really felt like this is where the heart of her character lies. Obviously [Gaga’s] roots are very closely tied to the LGBTQ world as well. So you'll see how that all shakes out in the movie, but she really wanted to make a stand for her LGBTQ fans, so we got back in.

Full interview: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/8475282/shangela-interview-a-star-is-born-lady-gaga-bradley-cooper

bradley-cooper-and-lukas-nelson-credit-N

What was it like working with Lady Gaga?  
Lucas Nelson: I’ve been around successful people for a long time, and I know real good talent when I see it, just from growing up in the family I grew up in. She fits the bill. She’s quite a performer; she’s an actress; she’s just an entertainer, you know? When we were writing together, we definitely saw eye-to-eye. We kind of finished each other’s sentences a lot of times when we were writing. It just felt really natural. It’s a great collaboration and it’s a beautiful friendship that we have. I cherish her and her abilities and her heart. Same with Bradley: we’ve become really close friends and we love each other. It seems more like an extended family with those guys.

What happens after the movie premieres and you’re back to your life on the road? Will you incorporate these songs into your live shows?
Lucas Nelson: I mean, probably, especially “Music to My Eyes.” There are songs that I’d probably want to play and cover, absolutely. I’ve thought about covering some songs of hers from before, too. “Million Reasons”:vegas: is a great song; that’s just a classic song. I heard Bob Weir from the Grateful Dead covering that song not too long ago. She’s got a good sense of songwriting and songcrafting and by anyone’s standards, not just an artist in the pop world.

Full interview: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/8475080/a-star-is-born-songwriter-lukas-nelson-coaching-lady-gaga-bradley-cooper

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Space Cowboy
12 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

I heard Bob Weir from the Grateful Dead covering that song not too long ago.

May not be most of you guyss style but he is a legend from classic rock. Him covering Million Reasons alone is a testament to Gagas talent.

Someone legendary like the guy from Grateful Dead covered MR. That is an honor tbh!!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Lukas is so cute. :nick: Never forget when he was on his facebook page defending her from alt-right Alex Jones listeners who kept calling her a darksided illuminati music industry prostitute with no talent. He was better at defending her than most of GGD. :heart:

myluis617

I sometimes get lazy and dont want to read interviews, I wish there was an app where you can make it read an interview. I was hoping to hear shangelas voice. 

Schizophonic
1 hour ago, myluis617 said:

I sometimes get lazy and dont want to read interviews, I wish there was an app where you can make it read an interview. I was hoping to hear shangelas voice. 

you dont read comments eighter, huh? i posted the video where they quote her from. you have that litterally word by word as video. above!

myluis617
1 hour ago, Schizophonic said:

you dont read comments eighter, huh? i posted the video where they quote her from. you have that litterally word by word as video. above!

Lmao when I said I was being Lazy reading at the time,  I really was being lazy. :kara:

ShayCristoforo

If I hear one Halleloo in this film, I'm choking on the peanut M&M's I snuck in. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived