Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can Mariah Succeed Again?

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours
4 minutes ago, 2NE1bae said:

If anything Mariah did well in the past was keeping her sound current and relevant. Which is why in terms of relevancy she surpassed Queen Whitney and Queen Celine.

Loved your full comment btw! :heart:

However, I'm not sure if Mariah has been more relevant than Celine in the 2010s. Celine has certainly sold more albums worldwide this decade. That's a tough one :oprah:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
raragaga

am i the only gay who doesn't give a sh about mariah? :stalkga:

xoxo

doppelganger

GTFO is nothing like her previous songs though? Maybe vocally it’s classic R&B Mariah but the song itself is pretty contemporary. 

I don’t doubt she can write another hit. Touch My Body and Beautiful is proof that unlike her contemporaries Mariah can adapt to the times while remaining true to her eccenseld. 

1 hour ago, Rumours1977 said:

Loved your full comment btw! :heart:

However, I'm not sure if Mariah has been more relevant than Celine in the 2010s. Celine has certainly sold more albums worldwide this decade. That's a tough one :oprah:

Yes most definitely.

What I meant was when the Vocal Trinity were all out at the same time, Mariah was always a notch above them. But no doubt Celine has been packing in those numbers more than Mariah in recent years. :legend:

5 hours ago, sethrb101 said:

Yes, especially with this new song being so fun and catchy. I love it and have a good feeling about the new album :music:

Eh it’s not really fun or catchy, Kinda slow and boring. She’s skinny tho.

sethrb101
15 hours ago, Texasgaga said:

Eh it’s not really fun or catchy, Kinda slow and boring. She’s skinny tho.

:triggered: I'm--

#Gaga2020

boyerased

Be on top again? Nope. But have a decent hit? Yes, but she needs to do things first.

At this point in her career she doesn’t need to work hard. Her career is once in a lifetime. To dominate a decade and have one of the biggest come back after five years is not something you see everyday.

If she wants to be taken seriously she needs a completely new image. But she might not be comfortable with that. She wants to be forever young and sexy but the truth is those lingeries and over filtered videos aren’t working. People look for authenticity and grit now. She might want to capitalize with that.

As much as she is an gay icon people forget that more than any divas, she was accepted in straight culture. She has street cred. She was the one who wasn’t afraid to get her hands dirty. I still see straight people today bopping into Fantasy remix and Dreamlover. Also everyone of age knows We Belong Together. She might need to be “cool” again, but what she’s doing right now isn’t.

Archived