series

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Teaser/Trailer

jakob

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

I didn't like it but I'm much older than the target audience. I liked how it was a darker version than the original but it was a little bit too toned down for my tastes. 

ok I have a complaint, there's not enough magic in the show :laughga:

Like it's just them chanting some Latin words that sometimes makes no sense and something suppose to happen... but not even an  aura or whatever is showing.. idk.. and like what about telekinesis or things like that?

1 hour ago, Bio said:

I'm actually enjoying this way more than I thought I would. I mean, it's a teen series so how good could it be? But it's actually not that bad. The actress that plays the teacher has by far the worst acting I've seen on TV lol. Really bad.

Michelle Gomez is an amazing actress :grr:

And she looks exactly like *her....* from the Comics..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

JusKeepBreathin
7 hours ago, Unbeweavable said:

I really enjoyed this :giveup: Just one question, was Susie meant to be biologically a boy but is trans girl or the other way around? I assumed the latter but then all the adults referred to her as 'him/boy' etc 

I thought she was a transboy (born a girl). There is a part where she says something like I don't want to he weird and is wearing a skirt while talking with Sabrina. But I kinda like that I'm not sure. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
7 hours ago, Bio said:

I'm actually enjoying this way more than I thought I would. I mean, it's a teen series so how good could it be? But it's actually not that bad. The actress that plays the teacher has by far the worst acting I've seen on TV lol. Really bad.

I actually enjoy her because it's is so obvious to us the viewer that she is trying to be something she is not through bad acting. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Catnikko
14 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

I didn't like it but I'm much older than the target audience. I liked how it was a darker version than the original but it was a little bit too toned down for my tastes. 

Wait original as in the teenage witch? I'd hardly even compare them, they just used the name Sabrina and the idea of 2 aunts (which i originally thought were lesbian mums until they started calling eachother sister :air: )

I mean i enjoyed it once i accepted it was a teen rom-com made creepy :toofunny: I was wondering who the actual target audience is bc the story is so young but the blood etc would give it an older rating then it'd deserve 

Actual patient

thatfoxyfeeling

The acting is terrible to be honest, camp and cringe. It has cute moments but some parts just dragged like the sleep demon episode. 

Catnikko
45 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

The acting is terrible to be honest, camp and cringe. It has cute moments but some parts just dragged like the sleep demon episode. 

I loved it all but i agree so much :air: that demon was like a demon from Buffy or Angel that got dumped on set without an updated costume change, it was so awkwardly long

Actual patient

ZiggyZiggs
On 11/2/2018 at 3:47 PM, Bio said:

gurl what :rip: 

critics are calling michelle gomez's performance a standout

14 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

gurl what :rip: 

critics are calling michelle gomez's performance a standout

I think I understood it better after I watched more episodes. I think it was too over the top for me but I get what she’s going for now.

andy232000
On 11/2/2018 at 10:05 AM, River said:

ok I have a complaint, there's not enough magic in the show :laughga:

Like it's just them chanting some Latin words that sometimes makes no sense and something suppose to happen... but not even an  aura or whatever is showing.. idk.. and like what about telekinesis or things like that?

Michelle Gomez is an amazing actress :grr:

And she looks exactly like *her....* from the Comics..

Real witchcraft isnt like sci-fi fantasy magic tho. I think the lack of that element helped making the witches more realistic. Thats how real witchcraft exists in the real world. Its more of casting spells with ingredients, sending energy, using someone elses pictures, dolls, astral proyection etc.. rather than magical hocus pocus. Theres obviously some fantasy magic lingering on, but I consider the toned down approach to make the whole "witches are real", well...real! I guess Im biased tho, my family has had experience with witchcraft and it looks JUST like the spells they cast on the show. Nevertheless id still prefer this over seeing Sabrina shoot magic lighting out her hands or something. 

and yes Michelle Gomez was the most outstanding actress. She was incredibly creepy in the first episodes but then she makes a way for you to appreciate her character. Im also so shocked at how much she physically resembles madam Satan from the comics. it was a wonderful casting choice. 

5 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

Real witchcraft isnt like sci-fi fantasy magic tho. I think the lack of that element helped making the witches more realistic. Thats how real witchcraft exists in the real world. Its more of casting spells with ingredients, sending energy, using someone elses pictures, dolls, astral proyection etc.. rather than magical hocus pocus. Theres obviously some fantasy magic lingering on, but I consider the toned down approach to make the whole "witches are real", well...real! I guess Im biased tho, my family has had experience with witchcraft and it looks JUST like the spells they cast on the show. Nevertheless id still prefer this over seeing Sabrina shoot magic lighting out her hands or something. 

and yes Michelle Gomez was the most outstanding actress. She was incredibly creepy in the first episodes but then she makes a way for you to appreciate her character. Im also so shocked at how much she physically resembles madam Satan from the comics. it was a wonderful casting choice. 

Thank you for your explanation, my knowledge about witchcraft is very minimal and it's pretty much starts and ends with CGI haha, so I didn't mean to disrespect, this is just how I know magic in some sense :)

You are so right!!! she's so identical to madam Satan, the cheek bones, the nose, it's amazing!

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

chromadica
On 11/3/2018 at 5:50 PM, Unbeweavable said:

I loved it all but i agree so much :air: that demon was like a demon from Buffy or Angel that got dumped on set without an updated costume change, it was so awkwardly long

I cringed at times, but I feel like the campiness and overall BTVS feel was very intentional.

Archived