Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

AHS Apocalpyse gets lowest season premiere ratings ever

Scathach

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe
2 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

freakshow had at least some kind of substance and was visually appealing

Visually appealing yes...substance, debatable. Even Lange couldn’t save that season. 

⚯͛

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

Can we really call this sex scene though ? lol

I never did lol 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

30 minutes ago, TheodoreRx said:

I don't trust Ryan Murphy to handle that tbh. If you're not Native or from an are with a high Native population it's unlikely that they can handle the nuance. :madge: 

American Horror Story has never been about nuance, has it? I'm sure most devotes Catholics would argue that Asylum wasn't a nuanced depiction of Catholic institutions in the 1960's. This show plays off of cliches and horror tropes. I don't think anyone is tuning in for historical realism or nuance.

And, when you consider the amount of Trans People of Color Murphy brought on board for Pose, as directors, writers, and actors, I think it's possible for him to do justice to an Indigenous American themed season of Horror Story.

Bloody hooker

I missed the premier, because I was too tired to stay up until 10pm. I’m going to watch it tonight or tomorrow.

I don’t get the appeal for Jessica Lange. I get that she’s a strong female and helps the show go along, but I don’t get how she’s the only reason people want to watch.

Thisï»ż mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.ï»ż

Katsuki Bakugo

The ending was trash. But the tension throughout was what it was. Bring me the Coven and then I will be happy!

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

thatfoxyfeeling

It’s no surprise since the show has been declining each season, the writing and acting was terrible this premiere.

AddMeOnMYSPACE
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

I agree about period drama. Our country is over 200 years old, there are tons of time lines to play with. The battle of Gettysburg is screaming to be made into a season of Horror Story. A season focused on pre-colonization, with Indigenous American myths, would be incredible.

I always thought a southwest/alien theme would work. set in arizona/new mexico. Especially since natives have so many scary folktales. but it would be very controversial considering the history.  

It's still one of the top shows considering most shows can barely hit 1m even with DVR/Streams added. 

For example Shane's recent YouTube series can get 20m views. That's almost 20 times more views per episode. Way more viewers than TV networks have had in years. And Shane's the only one to do this so well. No other YouTuber is providing such quality entertainment for free. He'd make millions if it were a TV show with supbscription fees like HBO or Showtime

This show started going downhill since Freak Show :chica: You know a show is declining when it's becoming self-referential. They can't make something original iconic anymore so they have to rely on past seasons :pray:

I still watch it tho :lolga:

FFXSoul91

Probably doesn't help that the FXNow app crashed right at 10. I had to wait until 11 to watch through Xfinity instead.

imnotyourbabe10

While I will still watch and love anything horror (especially an anthology TV series!), this episode felt a little stale.  I enjoyed the cinematography, acting and nuclear/sci-fi vibes, though.  Maybe the reference  of canker pus filled monsters in the woods will tie in to Asylum?  Also, I'm just super glad they ended the campy-ness  of the first few mins ASAP.

I just wish they'd continue the anthology aspects with separate themes each season instead of where this one is going with Murder House/Coven. (Though I know they often operate with interconnections)  So many tropes to explore, however!  Lovecraftian/Coastal; Western/mountain/desert; zombies; space etc? 

Chuckles

Aren't these numbers officially confirmed like 1 day after it airs? I was watching the premiere on the app and it suddenly went off, I despise my cable provider.

Archived