💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My ASIB Review

Maria Brink

Featured Posts

Maria Brink

So, last night I was able to go see A Star Is Born at TIFF. They added a last minute screening, so I was able to get tickets. I am going to give my personal review! 

First things first... The soundtrack to this movie is EVERYTHING. We hear everything from country to rock and roll into pop! Bradley Cooper's voice is amazing. You would think he was a singer. Gaga throughout was amazing, as expected. I can confirm Shallow is THAT song. Definitely the best song on the soundtrack next to Heal Me and Why Did You Do That and I'll never love again. The soundtrack is a solid 9/10. Both Bradley and Gaga songs are great.

*MILD SPOILERS IN NEXT PARAGRAPH*

The film besides the soundtrack was amazing. The film instantly starts out with Jackson Maine performing rock music at a music festival. After his show, he ends up at a drag bar where he sees Ally for the first time. Shangela & Willam make appearances throughout the film, and both are amazing. Shangela is a natural, and it was great to see her in a film that wasn't Hurricane Bianca. Willam played himself, very obnoxious, but in every good way. 

The rest of the film does an amazing job showing the industry, and through many scenes, you can see how similar the story is to Gaga's rise to fame. The film all together, was a masterpiece. The chemistry between Gaga and Bradley is undeniably some of the best on screen chemistry I have personally seen in a very long time. Gaga was iconic and serving us ACTING ABILITY. Gaga will definitely be coming for an Oscar nomination, as will Bradley. Both of them did the film perfect justice. The looks Gaga served were great. She has orange hair for the second half of the film, until the end where she serves a very natural Gaga-blonde look. Think DWUW at the artRAVE kind of wig. The orange hair suits her hella well. I hope she has orange hair in the LG6 Era! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask or MESSAGE ME!

The hype is real, and you should believe the hype. For those of you who were questioning if the film was going to be big or not... Its going to be MASSIVE. TIFF employees were telling me it was well on its way to win People's Choice overall at the festival. 

VOTE: https://www.tiff.net/vote/

Gaga, if for whatever reason you may find this post. I am so proud to call you my inspiration. Congratulations on your first major lead role! 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vitleysingur

I am so hyped. :giveup: 

Can you spill more tea on the soundtrack plz? Thank you:messga:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

5 minutes ago, Kenzo said:

Honest yes or no: was her acting dry and stiff like in AHS Hotel? 

Girl it’s at 96 on rotten tomatoes 

GagaExGaga

are the songs an earworm ? like the greatest showman earworm? and can you see the songs is going to be big and had a lot of covers ? and what song is that ? 

7 minutes ago, Kenzo said:

I saw the film when it premiered at TIFF. Her acting here is the opposite of dry or stiff. There's one scene in particular where her character is arguing with Jackson in a bathtub and the two of them riff off of each other perfectly - it's very loose and you feel for her. 

She played the role of a doting wife to a drunk without once making me feel like she was weak or a victim.

I loved her performance from start to finish. 

CyanDante

Why did you rate the soundtrack 9/10 ?  What did you deduct the 1 for? :oprah::neyde:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

Maria Brink
26 minutes ago, Enzo said:

Your favorite scene?

Definitely The Shallow. There are also scenes that were shot at the Joanne World Tour, so it gave me some throwbacks. Besides that, the Grammys scene was very cringe and awesome to watch. I also liked the scene where Ally cuts her dancers, and her manager gets pissed, but then Ally tells him that she isn't who she is pretending to be. It was very Gaga. 

22 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

I am so hyped. :giveup: 

Can you spill more tea on the soundtrack plz? Thank you:messga:

The soundtrack is amazing. Its like classic rock n roll. But when Gaga's manager puts her down the pop stream, it gets more pop and fun. Heal Me and Why Did You Do That are bops!

12 minutes ago, gagaxgaga said:

are the songs an earworm ? like the greatest showman earworm? and can you see the songs is going to be big and had a lot of covers ? and what song is that ? 

Shallow, Heal Me, Why Did You Do That are pop ear worms...

I think we will see a lot of covers of I Will Never Love Again, Always Remember Us This Way and Shallow will have a lot of covers. Always Remember Us This Way is an amazing ballad. I was shook.

24 minutes ago, Kenzo said:

No. Dry and stiff are literally the role of the countess. ASIB, she is super natural, and proves herself as a triple threat talent. Oscar nominations incoming.

Maria Brink
6 minutes ago, Impostor said:

Do you think this will be Gaga's best album yet?

One of the best...

5 minutes ago, CyanDante said:

Why did you rate the soundtrack 9/10 ?  What did you deduct the 1 for? :oprah::neyde:

I WANTED MORE! The film only really plays Always Remember Us This Way and Shallow in full... So its hard to say at this point. Not going to fully judge the soundtrack till its released in full.

GagaExGaga
1 minute ago, gagasrat said:

Definitely The Shallow. There are also scenes that were shot at the Joanne World Tour, so it gave me some throwbacks. Besides that, the Grammys scene was very cringe and awesome to watch. I also liked the scene where Ally cuts her dancers, and her manager gets pissed, but then Ally tells him that she isn't who she is pretending to be. It was very Gaga. 

The soundtrack is amazing. Its like classic rock n roll. But when Gaga's manager puts her down the pop stream, it gets more pop and fun. Heal Me and Why Did You Do That are bops!

Shallow, Heal Me, Why Did You Do That are pop ear worms...

I think we will see a lot of covers of I Will Never Love Again, Always Remember Us This Way and Shallow will have a lot of covers. Always Remember Us This Way is an amazing ballad. I was shook.

BITCH IM HYPED IM SHOOKETH I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FKIN FILM

MonsterOfficial

what scenes on the trailer were not in the movie?

how was the reception of the people around you?

exorcise my mind

Archived