đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Onika Tanya Maraj is...

teawhore

Featured Posts

teawhore

An extremely important, influential, and powerful rapper of this generation, following in the footsteps of Lil' Kim. She has done so much for women in hip-hop and people in general and yet people still have the nerve to attack her time and time again cause as we all know, every few years it's considered cute to attack a woman in the music industry for no reason. Don't believe me yet?

Britney Spears - 2007

Christina Aguilera - 2010

Lady Gaga - 2013-14

Katy Perry - 2017

and that's just a small portion of the list. My point is... let us not forget that for all her mistakes, Nicki Minaj is that bitch.

nicki-minaj4.jpg?w=450&w=700&q=85

also go stream #Queen and #QueenRadio ugh talent

♡ nyc ♡

Mulholland

Criticizing and/or not liking her problematic alliances, generally weak recent musical projects, and Trumpian lie-spewing about chart numbers (or any other incorrect narrative she promotes) is not an attack. :)

I love her don’t get me wrong but,

Her trying to call out cardi for acting reckless and unprofessional is hypocritical because if we want to talk about reckless behaviour then let’s talk about her constantly being homophobic, endorsing anti lgbtq rappers AND allowing the word ******* and other anti gay slurs to be said in songs on her albums, when she KNOWS the majority of her fan base are LGBTQ. That’s more wreckless for throwing a shoe at someone who has talked smack about your new born child. 

Again, love her I think she’s so talented; her creativity is great and she’s a very clever rapper. She’s just abit of a hypocrite. 

🙋🏼‍♂️

Tom Nook

I feel like the only thing she has done for the women of hip hop is attacking them :selena:

Anyways I will always say that Anaconda was ICONIC and should’ve been no 1 on the billboard and she delivered on Queen, but I ain’t gonna ignore her messy behavior such as collabing with the skittle sex offender, having such a shitty attitude because she desperately tries to be no. 1, and trying to drag or sabotage others because she feels insecure she ain’t the it girl in the game anymore

200.gif

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

SexXDreams
8 minutes ago, AndrewMac95 said:

Her trying to call out cardi for acting reckless and unprofessional is hypocritical because if we want to talk about reckless behaviour then let’s talk about her constantly being homophobic, endorsing anti lgbtq rappers AND allowing the word ******* and other anti gay slurs to be said in songs on her albums, when she KNOWS the majority of her fan base are LGBTQ. That’s more wreckless for throwing a shoe at someone who has talked smack about your new born child. 

Again, love her I think she’s so talented; her creativity is great and she’s a very clever rapper. She’s just abit of a hypocrite. 

I think Cardi is the one defending her boyfriend’s homophobic lyrics though.

AlexanderMagno

But you gave us no real argument to support her cause. Comparing her to Britney and Gaga? Not only their relevance is way beyond, they were global phenomenons who everyone talked about, even people outside the music scene. Nicki’s current backlash is Twitter stans talk, she’s not being enough to get more than that.

1 minute ago, Mulholland said:

Criticizing and/or not liking her problematic alliances, generally weak recent musical projects, and Trumpian lie-spewing about chart numbers (or any other incorrect narrative she promotes) is not an attack. :)

Nah, but I think the general "Cancel her", "She is trash", "Nobody cares about Nicki", "Queen Cardi has #1 songs" is a bit extra.

Nicki's gender plays a role in this... The men who collaborated with 6ix9ine, like Future who was also going to bring him on tour, haven't faced the same backlash. Drake and Meek can both win regardless of the diss tracks and twitter beef between them. Eminem can drop an album and talk **** about newcomers (even parody them) and he gets the #1 album and people **** with it.

I'm open to Nicki criticism, there has been a lot to criticise her about, but even when the Nicki backlash started it was like "Oh, Nicki hates Remy and other women and Nicki took the firsts shots" despite the fact that throughout her career she was praising Remy, she wanted to collab with Remy, Remy was the one sneak dissing since her first joints out of jail. People where like "Nicki doesn't write her own ****" which is something also untrue...

Even now it's like numerous female rappers have been like "Atlantic records, Cardi's label, wanted to sign me on the condition that I start beef with Nicki", radio hosts have been like "Yeah people have tried to pay me to play Cardi records, promote her, bring her on the show and criticise Nicki". Like there has been some shady industry **** to help bring down Nicki.

There have been straight up lies people use to attack Nicki and discredit her, there have been hypocritical attacks aimed at Nicki when she acts or behaves in a way like the men do... 

Here's my take: Nobody needs to like Nicki, people can dislike her, people can fairly criticise her actions. It's just important, I think, to simultaneously recognise that there is a sexist and concentrated effort to dismiss and take down Nicki. It's important to recognise that Nicki is allowed to feel upset and angry over that. It's important to recognise that there are men doing the exact same thing as Nicki and receiving praise for it. As long as those things are recognised then go ahead and criticise :shrug: 

Punktious
19 minutes ago, AndrewMac95 said:

THIS. I have loved Nicki since Pink Friday but am disgusted by the people she is choosing to surround herself with.

Mulholland
2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Nah, but I think the general "Cancel her", "She is trash", "Nobody cares about Nicki", "Queen Cardi has #1 songs" is a bit extra.

Nicki's gender plays a role in this... The men who collaborated with 6ix9ine, like Future who was also going to bring him on tour, haven't faced the same backlash. Drake and Meek can both win regardless of the diss tracks and twitter beef between them. Eminem can drop an album and talk **** about newcomers (even parody them) and he gets the #1 album and people **** with it.

I'm open to Nicki criticism, there has been a lot to criticise her about, but even when the Nicki backlash started it was like "Oh, Nicki hates Remy and other women and Nicki took the firsts shots" despite the fact that throughout her career she was praising Remy, she wanted to collab with Remy, Remy was the one sneak dissing since her first joints out of jail. People where like "Nicki doesn't write her own ****" which is something also untrue...

Even now it's like numerous female rappers have been like "Atlantic records, Cardi's label, wanted to sign me on the condition that I start beef with Nicki", radio hosts have been like "Yeah people have tried to pay me to play Cardi records, promote her, bring her on the show and criticise Nicki". Like there has been some shady industry **** to help bring down Nicki.

There have been straight up lies people use to attack Nicki and discredit her, there have been hypocritical attacks aimed at Nicki when she acts or behaves in a way like the men do... 

Here's my take: Nobody needs to like Nicki, people can dislike her, people can fairly criticise her actions. It's just important, I think, to simultaneously recognise that there is a sexist and concentrated effort to dismiss and take down Nicki. It's important to recognise that Nicki is allowed to feel upset and angry over that. It's important to recognise that there are men doing the exact same thing as Nicki and receiving praise for it. As long as those things are recognised then go ahead and criticise :shrug: 

There are *elements* of what has been said about Nicki recently and over the years that pertain to gender and double standards, but to have Nicki tell it, there is some misogynist agenda to take her down. And that is just not really true. 

Currently, Kanye, who was just spotted in the studio with 6ix9ine, was getting dragged all over Twitter just as he has all year for his problematic statements and behavior. It's people who do problematic things that get the smoke, not just Nicki because she's a woman. And if she caught more heat for 6ix9ine than Future, perhaps it's because she has a song and creepy video with him and is basically the reason he is going on the tour?

Eminem, by the way, has also been dragged and criticized all week for the content on his recent album. Yes, people bought it, but you can't say that there weren't plenty of voices piping up to criticize him.

As for the Atlantic thing... I don't really know whether any of that is true, and neither do any of us, but I will just say that there have been rumors for YEARS, from a lot of different people, that behind the scenes Nicki has worked to sabotage people and keep them down. Cardi, yes, but other people too. A lot of people, ranging from K. Michelle to Mariah Carey, have all said similar things about Nicki, and so maybe there is a reason why people in the industry have a tough time with her?

At the end of the day, over the last four months, Nicki herself has been caught in more lies than I can count, so whether other people are lying to discredit her or whatever is... almost irrelevant? 'Cuz she's playing the exact same game. The only difference is she's losing. 

Archived