Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AbuHassan1992

Yea, talk to me again when Adele has had the cultural impact GaGa has had, and when Adele has reached even HALF the level of Fame that GaGa has.

Born This Way was far more important an album than 21 will ever be, regardless if you liked or even appreciated BTW. It's helped countless teens and monsters alike, and has given them a sense of freedom and solitude. Tell me again how 21 has had even half that impact.

Two words: It hasn't

you're totally missing the point while contradicting the whole post by Bornthisway92

TheAmazingAdele

Yea, talk to me again when Adele has had the cultural impact GaGa has had, and when Adele has reached even HALF the level of Fame that GaGa has.

Born This Way was far more important an album than 21 will ever be, regardless if you liked or even appreciated BTW. It's helped countless teens and monsters alike, and has given them a sense of freedom and solitude. Tell me again how 21 has had even half that impact.

Two words: It hasn't

There is actually no way possible you can compare the two...they are probably the most contrasted albums you could've thought of!

But "21" is an important album regardless of its success (anyone who thinks the album greatness and its success not being unprecedented & remarkable simply couldn't face the facts) "21" is the "Thriller" of the digital age, this album is monumental, it changed popular music in such a short time, its already opened up the doors for artist like gotye, fun, lana del rey to have success, Paved the way for her fellow British artists to conquer global music market, and created a shift from the overtly s-xual and sonically bombastic status quo of the current state of music industry. people will always discredit adele's impact and mark but honestly she's one of the most iconic artist out of the 21st century. this album is ground breaking. It slayed and it slayed for a reason.

Gagaloo911

There is actually no way possible you can compare the two...they are probably the most contrasted albums you could've thought of!

But "21" is an important album regardless of its success (anyone who thinks the album greatness and its success not being unprecedented & remarkable simply couldn't face the facts) "21" is the "Thriller" of the digital age, this album is monumental, it changed popular music in such a short time, its already opened up the doors for artist like gotye, fun, lana del rey to have success, Paved the way for her fellow British artists to conquer global music market, and created a shift from the overtly s-xual and sonically bombastic status quo of the current state of music industry. people will always discredit adele's impact and mark but honestly she's one of the most iconic artist out of the 21st century. this album is ground breaking. It slayed and it slayed for a reason.

Come back to me when an album has the type of sales 21 had, or even if Adele could achieve such a feat again.

EDM will still always be more popular than the crap Adele makes, and sooner or later people will get utterly sick of hearing the same depressing **** about the same things she always sings about.

Tommymonster44

In all honesty, 21 was a sellout for Adele. I think that people only think electronic albums sell out, and as long as you keep it acoustic and conservative, you have high quality music.

This just isn't the case to me. 19 was a wonderful album with a fresh sound. On the other hand, 21 was just the same generic theme repeated over and over again. Nothing was that eye catching when I listened to it. I've heard it all before.

Not trying to hate on Adele, but that's honestly how I feel about the album.

someone is treating Adele like the best musician/artist of all time after the success of 21. the thing is, if Adele's 3rd album flops, will you still support her? maybe not lol.

these bandwagons :smh:

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

They are more than just a big album and big hits,

"21" is "Album of the Decade" while,

"Rolling in the Deep/Someone Like You" are the "Anthems of the Generation"

It's official.

I laughed when people say things like Adele's not famous beyond US and UK. I live in Asia, Adele is just as famous here as Gaga, in fact her stock is higher among 20-30somethings who'll most likely ignore Gaga's music. I travelled to South Africa last April, and I was in this bus in Cape Town, and there was a group of native school girls sitting near me belting out "The One and Only" not RITD/SLY It's very much of an evidence that the album has struck the entire globe.

Adele is not a stadium or even an arena artist, she'll never be one. Adele is more of an intimate performer, when she performs she likes to look at the audience's faces and have a chat with them. I think she should stick to that. But in terms of selling concert tickets, I don't think she'll have a problem to sell just as much and just as fast as the likes of Gaga, Take That, or U2.

If albums sales doesn't mean that much, then why are people got so riled up about Adele's slaying other artists sales?

I understand "Born This Way" concept and ideas through and through which was great, but when it comes to the final product, it is just not that good.

You can't FORCE people to appreciate something when they don't. Calling others disgraceful, ignorant, loads of crock just because they didn't like your faves as much as you do, is what I would define as deluded.

I laugh at you saying they are anthems of the generation. They're break up songs. Nothing anthemic about them. They're the same thing we've heard a million other times out to different music. Sorry, but Adele just isn't as amazing as you seem to think she is. Her voice is really just so-so and her writing is mediocre. She's good, but nothing revolutionary. Just like 21 was good, but absolutely nothing about is revolutionary or new. THATS OFFICIAL.
We're all Stronger Together!

Archived