💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The contradiction of 'Born This Way'

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

Gagafordope

I think she also wrote this to counteract that argument that people make: they say, "God doesn't approve of ______," or "God didn't make people to be _____," and she's saying right back to that, "God made me this way, and he doesn't make mistakes. I was born this way, the way he made me." She's likely speaking against those people who use the word of God to preach hatred/ignorance/intolerance.

And like others have said, the Bible wasn't written by God. It's a book that's been written by different people, been adjusted many times over the years, and also has been translated many times, so the original meaning has probably been lost, at least somewhat.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NIGHTCRAWLER
Just now, Gagafordope said:

I think she also wrote this to counteract that argument that people make: they say, "God doesn't approve of ______," or "God didn't make people to be _____," and she's saying right back to that, "God made me this way, and he doesn't make mistakes. I was born this way, the way he made me." She's likely speaking against those people who use the word of God to preach hatred/ignorance/intolerance.

Well I totally get it now I don't know how I missed it honestly lol I feel stupid but I think that was clearly the idea thank you! 

NIGHTCRAWLER
5 minutes ago, Gagafordope said:

thinking about it I realize now that I interpreted the song as a "self-acceptance" song while it's probably also about the acceptance of the others

Spoiler

took me 7 pages to have an answer and realize that thank you so much lol

Haralampos
5 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Yeah, those who believe Bible means exactly what it says isn't the wisest person.

Many verses have been horribly mistranslated, and others have been purposely mistranslated.

That line in Leviticus is an example of a horrible mistranslation.

The original line is more of 

"It is rude to **** in a lady's bed."

Exactly.

I'm so glad that I'm between people that they want to realize how things are and they have an understanding of things and events.

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 minutes ago, Harry X said:

Exactly.

I'm so glad that I'm between people that they want to realize how things are and they have an understanding of things and events.

you can be proud of this, this is unfortunately not everyone's case

giskardsb
20 minutes ago, Harry X said:

I born on hypocritical family and I really believed to God, against the mistakes from my family. But I'm sad that I can't find something to believe anymore cause humanity made me stop believing on something that might be an imagination. So many kids and innocent lifes die from human mistakes. Why to believe that something that Roman Empire forced to believe? 

The sense of universal connectedness and part of a spiritual whole is at the core of the mystic experiences in many cultures.  That is independent of the dogma built up as religion, there is no reason to give that up just because people have polluted the water with dogma.   Some call it God, some call it Gaia, some don't really know what to call it but they know that they feel they are part of something bigger than our individual personalities, even if we don't really know what that is.  I'm not much of a spiritual practitioner, but when I do its through the framework these days of Zen.  

VOLANTIS
53 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

so in your opinion God never talked to anyone on this earth to dictate the Bible?

Even the most religious christian knows Jesus himself didn't write it. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

A lot of the album is about the reinterpretation of upbringing, particularly her reinterpretation of her upbringing in Catholicism.

God makes no mistakes

Punk-tius comes to kill the king upon his throne, I'm ready for their stone

work it, Black Jesus / Jesus is the New Black

meet me... at a safe place / at Electric Chapel

it isn't hell if everybody knows my name

3 points in and ready for more

Just now, Miel said:

A lot of the album is about the reinterpretation of upbringing, particularly her reinterpretation of her upbringing in Catholicism.

God makes no mistakes

also, literally all of Judas and the video hehe

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 minute ago, Miel said:

God makes no mistakes

how did I miss that omg :giveup: let's say that the fact that I couldn't speak English in 2011 is the reason why I didn't get it :poot:

2 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

how did I miss that omg :giveup: let's say that the fact that I couldn't speak English in 2011 is the reason why I didn't get it :poot:

Absolutely omg. A lot of her play on words and organized religion is also definitely American in nature. The album itself is super American, so I can see why it can get lost in translation.

My mom, in our language, was literally like "who the hell is Punktius" kjxldjlkzsjda

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 minute ago, Miel said:

Absolutely omg. A lot of her play on words and organized religion is also definitely American in nature. The album itself is super American, so I can see why it can get lost in translation.

My mom, in our language, was literally like "who the hell is Punktius" kjxldjlkzsjda

who the hell is Punktius  :toofunny:

Impostor

I agree with you. Most christians who believe in god don't take the bible too serious, but they should, because that's their holy book and that's what made them believe in this particular god anyway. The bible is vile, violent and full of contradictions (don't tell me killing babies and raping women is okay, or killing your own son is okay, "because god told you so"). Most christians don't realize how crazy the bible is, and they think it's as simple as interpreting it the way you want to. It's like lying, and everybody agrees with your lies.

So when christians say being gay is okay it's just they trying to adapt their beliefs with our current society (and ignoring how intolerant their religion is).

Haralampos

A new kind of religion are the social media. They can't live without it, Instagram is their god and they don't know it. In Greece the most people in the age between 8-50 are completely the same following any American trend.

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic

Archived