💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The contradiction of 'Born This Way'

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

TEETHTEETH

Sounds like "God is such a trigger for you that you replaced the tongue in cheek with "transitional Christian views" and have completely missed the point. 

Lyrics are supposed to connect things sometimes unrelated or taboo and lace them together into a beautiful song. 

So let's think about this logically,

God = the idea (real or not) of something bigger than ourselves, a Mathamatical formula for why life grows, your internal god that manifests it's own world.. 

Replace anything you want for the meaning so it is strongest to you. (Self empower, also common theme)  you cannot limit any type of art to what you see is appropriate. The lyric is God so it riles people like you up. But the song isn't limited to how you took it. That's why it's great to listen to songs again after you're in a new type of life

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
1 hour ago, TheAlpha said:

I like Gaga because of her work as a musician. Nothing more. There’s nothing difficult to understand about me condemning religions when I listen to her music. There’s no correlation. However, if her music was mostly gospel, then I wouldn’t be here. There’s of course nothing wrong with her being Catholic. As long as she’s not hateful. I was Catholic before I was an Atheist. So I understand a thing or two of her religion.

What I'm saying is that while you can certainly disagree and call out certain aspects of religion for being slanderous, malicious, contradictory, etc., what doesn't make sense is to bash everyone who follows a particular religion. Not everyone in a religion thinks the same or even has the same fundamental beliefs in that religion, and Gaga is no exception.

What I'm saying is that before people start bashing on religious people and their practices, they also have to understand that the person who this forum's dedicated to is a person who, herself, is extremely religious.

🃏🖤👹

6 hours ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

I'm sorry if y'all have already talked about it but this hit me this morning.

When she says "I'm beautiful in my way, cause God makes no mistake", it doesn't convince me at all tbh, probably because I don't believe in God. But what is surprising is that she seems to say that God made us the way we are so he made us gay, bi, trans etc... But this is not at all what says the Bible and every believer will hardly disagree. the Bible say that it's a sin for a man to have sex with another so saying that if we're gay that's just how God made us......huge contradiction. And I'm kinda wondering how much of a believer Gaga is because if you truly believe in God, you respect everything he said (so everything that is in the Bible) so Gaga would be completely sinning with this song (well I guess I could name multiple other sins lol no shade). The second you consider that the Bible isn't relevant or fair, you admit that you don't agree with what God says, and we could even push it further. Since God is supposed to be perfect, if you admit that the Bible isn't, you admit that God doesn't exist, or at least that the Bible isn't God's words.

How do you interpret that? How can you explain this contradiction? 

Discuss

Edit: guess this is not the right forum to have deep and clever discussions, sorry for those who wanted a debate on whether it's "Gaga" or "GaGa"

Edit 2: thanks to some monsters who decided to discuss it instead of lmao it I noticed that my mistake was to interpret Born This Way as a self-acceptance song while it's also a song about accepting the others. Therefore, Gaga used God to prove the believers that they shouldn't be homophobic, saying smt like: okay the Bible tells you it's a sin to be homosexual, but God wouldn't make a mistake so that proves that being homosexual is just fine (so they're trapped in their own argument). Gaga has another vision of religion and what God is so BTW has no contradiction. I recommend you to read the second part of the thread, bc very interesting things have been said.

The thing about “Man shall not sleep with man” is not at all what it actually means, it’s a translation error, it’s supposed to say “Man shall not sleep with boy.” Yes, it’s talking about PEDOPHILIA, not HOMOSEXUALITY 😂

Bloodyjack

I think she didn't actually think about the lyrics she was constructing, I think she was just playing around with words to make a feel good song, however as someone whose had bibles waved in my face and been told I'm going to hell for being gay my whole life, I found it comforting for someone to say god makes no mistakes. Also I think that could of possibly been the point but idk

Mario Roberto Flores
2 hours ago, Ronlop said:

If God does not make mistakes. And you have male genitalia since birth. That is, God made you born of that sex. And in your mind you are a girl. Was not God wrong to give you a sex that does not match with your gender identity? It's in that part that the song is contradictory.
Anyway, it's just an opinion. For me, the song is a BOP from where I am, which is Argentina, to China! And has a beautiful message ... I love the song as it is.

I don't understand how it's a contradiction.

Gaga is saying despite how some people might interpret the bible, she beleives god makes no mistakes. 

So what she's saying is that being born gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans is not wrong because you were born this way

"Born This Way" is a powerful anthem in my opinion because it not only celebrates one's identity but also confronts the haters by saying their view on religion is flawed. It's not just a "be yourself!" type of song like Firework for example.

It hits the doubters right in the spot. 

And her using that massive exposure and popularity she had back in 2011 to release this type of song even makes it bigger and more valueable. 

6 minutes ago, Mario Roberto Flores said:

If God does not make mistakes. And you have male genitalia since birth. That is, God made you born of that sex. And in your mind you are a girl. Was not God wrong to give you a sex that does not match with your gender identity? It's in that part that the song is contradictory.
Anyway, it's just an opinion. For me, the song is a BOP from where I am, which is Argentina, to China! And has a beautiful message ... I love the song as it is.

What I think Gaga meant by "God makes no mistakes" is that everyone was born that way for a reason. It's not wrong to be born in a body that does not match with your gender identity because you could always experience a new rebirth and become who were meant to be.

The trans community have their own issues and some wonder why they needed to go through this struggle that bioligical women/men don't need to so I think Gaga was also trying to say that they shouldn't be so hard on themselves and it's okay that they were born this way. We're all different but we should celebrate that.

ChicaSkas

We might be reading a little too deeply into it. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

That J
4 hours ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

did he tell you this? jk sis I know that there are different types of believers and that's fine :)

Lmao.  Well He tore up the church physically and turned tables around and was highly pissed lol. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
3 hours ago, Ronlop said:

I don't understand how it's a contradiction.

Gaga is saying despite how some people might interpret the bible, she beleives god makes no mistakes. 

So what she's saying is that being born gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans is not wrong because you were born this way

"Born This Way" is a powerful anthem in my opinion because it not only celebrates one's identity but also confronts the haters by saying their view on religion is flawed. It's not just a "be yourself!" type of song like Firework for example.

It hits the doubters right in the spot. 

And her using that massive exposure and popularity she had back in 2011 to release this type of song even makes it bigger and more valueable. 

Yes! 

I remember being in near tears when the song hit number one.  As a gay male who was born in 1979, I never thought I'd live to see the day where a song that says "no matter gay straight or bi lesbian transgendered life....you were born this way"...become the most popular song in the world.  

For those of us who fought that fight and came out before it was ok to do so...it was a huge moment.  

I came out in 1997 in a small town ...Selma, ALABAMA.....I was ready to be me. It was a very different world then.  Such progress has been made and I'm thankful for those who have helped in it...Gaga included!   

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Without trying to delve into the biblical debate, I think religion is what people make it. Plus, “God makes no mistakes” has been a phrase years before the song even came out. 

The bible was tailored for 2000 years to be convenient for the church as a business.

There are many ways and doctrines to believe in God that dont revolve around an old book or following a cult leader that pretends to be your connection to God.

In my case, as a metaphysical, the only meaning of life is to learn and experience different aspects of life accross multiple lives. Hence, being gay is one of those experiences for your current cycle. So, for us, God made no mistake, he just chose this experience for you.

Princess Stache

Gaga is a woman of faith.  She believes that God loves everyone.  You can be an atheist and still understand the message she's trying to convey.  Its not that deep.

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic

Archived