💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The contradiction of 'Born This Way'

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 minute ago, AlejandroooO said:

As Christians we follow the new testament and if I'm right there is nothing about homosexuality there. Also don't forget that each person can understand the Bible or any Holy book in their own way and that's according to priests of all religions. I'm Christian for example and I'm Bisexual and I know tons of Christians that don't hate homosexuals or at the least care to hate and they don't waste time on being negative. I'm bisexual I can't change myself and in the same time there were times that I was so lonely and devastated and needy and I believe only God helped me through these times so you can be a believer and also who you are. Also a lot of Christians work by the first verse in the Bible which is God is love which means that we shouldn't be judgmental or hateful and that's why I'm Christian and I believe that God doesn't hate anybody and I should not hate too.

always great to remind us that religion is before anything a message of love. I'm really happy that your faith helped you with your problems and helped you find your peace. Thank you for sharing your story I can relate since I'm also bisexual and I know and I know some Christians focus more on the love message and some focus more on applying exactly what is written (but I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are homophobic and use the religion as a reason to be). 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

I consider myself a Catholic. I was baptized in the Catholic church, I go to church quite often, but if I'm being honest, I'm not really a practicing Catholic, and I certainly don't agree with a lot of the things the Church says. 

Gaga is definitely a Catholic. She grew up that way, she believes in God, and it's overall just a traditional thing for her to be a part of. That's one of the reasons why I have difficulty when people here condemn religion and religious beliefs—like, you do realize that your idol is extremely religious, right?

On the topic of Born This Way specifically, all Gaga is doing is trying to spread God's message about love, acceptance, and overall having a non-judgemental attitude. There are a lot of things that the Bible says that we contradict today: eating shellfish, men cutting their hair, getting tattoos, even wearing clothing of different materials. It's interesting how people [not you specifically, but the hypocritical Christians] want to put all the emphasis in "homosexuality being a sin," but then contract themselves every day. 

So, it's not really a contradiction. If anything, she's doing exactly what God wants her to do.

🃏🖤👹

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I consider myself a Catholic. I was baptized in the Catholic church, I go to church quite often, but if I'm being honest, I'm not really a practicing Catholic, and I certainly don't agree with a lot of the things the Church says. 

Gaga is definitely a Catholic. She grew up that way, she believes in God, and it's overall just a traditional thing for her to be a part of. That's one of the reasons why I have difficulty when people here condemn religion and religious beliefs—like, you do realize that your idol is extremely religious, right?

On the topic of Born This Way specifically, all Gaga is doing is trying to spread God's message about love, acceptance, and overall having a non-judgemental attitude. There are a lot of things that the Bible says that we contradict today: eating shellfish, men cutting their hair, getting tattoos, even wearing clothing of different materials. It's interesting how people [not you specifically, but the hypocritical Christians] want to put all the emphasis in "homosexuality being a sin," but then contract themselves every day. 

So, it's not really a contradiction. If anything, she's doing exactly what God wants her to do.

okay I agree with everything except the sentence in bold. First of all this is not because she's religious that I have to be as well just bc I'm stanning but most importantly she doesn't seem to be practicing at all. She's been so dragged for doing Judas by every Christian for example. I think she's more into her own belief of what God is and she's not relying on the Bible.

Thank you for your message that was very interesting and well said 

21 minutes ago, Mario Roberto Flores said:

For me the contradiction is in another part of the song. She says in the song that God does not make mistakes, but then she says it does not matter if you're trans. So, if God does not make mistakes, then being trans is wrong? Mmmmm...

17 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

18 minutes ago, AlejandroooO said:

1 hour ago, That J said:

I don't understand how it's a contradiction.

Gaga is saying despite how some people might interpret the bible, she beleives god makes no mistakes

So what she's saying is that being born gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans is not wrong because you were born this way

"Born This Way" is a powerful anthem in my opinion because it not only celebrates one's identity but also confronts the haters by saying their view on religion is flawed. It's not just a "be yourself!" type of song like Firework for example.

It hits the doubters right in the spot. 

And her using that massive exposure and popularity she had back in 2011 to release this type of song even makes it bigger and more valueable. 

AlejandroooO
19 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

always great to remind us that religion is before anything a message of love. I'm really happy that your faith helped you with your problems and helped you find your peace. Thank you for sharing your story I can relate since I'm also bisexual and I know and I know some Christians focus more on the love message and some focus more on applying exactly what is written (but I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are homophobic and use the religion as a reason to be). 

I think the time you grow in shape different personalities and understanding of your faith. For example I believe that all people are equal and noone deserves hate especially for something natural and one doesn't choose like sexuality. Other example is my parents they are neutral they don't hate people or homosexuals and they don't talk about it much. What I wanna say is older people tend to be more conservative and fearful to accept new situations and ways of living your life but younger ones and youth are much more accepting even tho a lot times elders accept people too. It's honestly a blessing to find supportive people in your circle and sometimes it's according to the person you're dealing with whether he's overall positive or negative in general aside from religion. But for real if you believe in a religion that starts it's verses with God is love you shouldn't hate anybody. And I wish that you'll be surrounded with accepting positive people all the time :runhug:

Reality
5 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

okay I agree with everything except the sentence in bold. First of all this is not because she's religious that I have to be as well just bc I'm stanning but most importantly she doesn't seem to be practicing at all. She's been so dragged for doing Judas by every Christian for example. I think she's more into her own belief of what God is and she's not relying on the Bible.

Thank you for your message that was very interesting and well said 

Well, what I meant by the quote was that people here always **** on religion, and sometimes I don't think it's called for. Now, I completely understand why they do it, but in this particular context, there's really no need to. When people are using religion to promote their own agenda or use it to discriminate against other people, then by all means, call them out. However, when people are using it to promote love and positivity, then there's no reason to attack it.

I agree, just because Gaga's religious doesn't mean you have to be. But that also goes the other way around: just because you're not religious doesn't mean that you [again, not using you but the general population of people] have to downplay it everytime it gets mentioned in a thread or something.

I would disagree with you when you say that she doesn't seem to be practicing religion at all. At the core, religion—no matter what religion or sect it is—is about promoting love and positivity. That is especially true for Catholicism and Christianity. At the core, that is what the religion is about, and consequently, that has been Gaga's message since the beginning. While she is inspired by people like Madonna, Bowie, Elton, etc., she's also inspired by God and religion in order to create a message of overwhelming love. 

She does have her own belief in God and what the Bible says—something I think all Christians should do—but she also does reference and rely on the Bible as well. She's even posted passages from it for her Instagram. It's a combination of the two, and that's something that all Christians need to learn how to do.

🃏🖤👹

elijahfan

It is when you put too much faith in texts written by men thousands years ago that you become an extremist tbh... Gaga is the embodiment of what a modern Christian should be. In my view, she is more spiritual than religious anyway.

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

I don't understand how it's a contradiction.

Gaga is saying despite how some people might interpret the bible, she beleives god makes no mistakes

So what she's saying is that being born gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans is not wrong because you were born this way

"Born This Way" is a powerful anthem in my opinion because it not only celebrates one's identity but also confronts the haters by saying their view on religion is flawed. It's not just a "be yourself!" type of song like Firework for example.

It hits the doubters right in the spot. 

And her using that massive exposure and popularity she had back in 2011 to release this type of song even makes it bigger and more valueable. 

well the contradiction is that being trans is feeling like the opposite sex (for example, you're born with a vagina and tits but you feel like a man) so God makes no mistake but a trans is a wrong body 

Gladys622

Okay: The Old Testament is (or at least should be) irrelevant to the Christian faith except for the history and stories in it. This is because one of the reasons Jesus came to Earth was to fulfill the law so we could all go to heaven with him without having to sacrifice a lamb or something to cleanse our sins, hence being called the “lamb of God”. Jesus also never said homosexuality was wrong. Romans was written by a disciple so there’s no record of Jesus publicly saying that when he’s alive. And if you still want to go by the Old Testament, homosexuality wasn’t a word by then, so they just added it in the translation between languages. The original verse was made to detest pedophilia. And in the modern world, at this point, the Christians Church is divided on homosexual anyway.

But it to be real, I doubt it Gaga’s much of a believer in the first place. It was just a clever lyric to drag religious people.

boom boom cherry

NIGHTCRAWLER
10 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

1. Well, what I meant by the quote was that people here always **** on religion, and sometimes I don't think it's called for. Now, I completely understand why they do it, but in this particular context, there's really no need to. When people are using religion to promote their own agenda or use it to discriminate against other people, then by all means, call them out. However, when people are using it to promote love and positivity, then there's no reason to attack it.

2. I agree, just because Gaga's religious doesn't mean you have to be. But that also goes the other way around: just because you're not religious doesn't mean that you [again, not using you but the general population of people] have to downplay it everytime it gets mentioned in a thread or something.

3. I would disagree with you when you say that she doesn't seem to be practicing religion at all. At the core, religion—no matter what religion or sect it is—is about promoting love and positivity. That is especially true for Catholicism and Christianity. At the core, that is what the religion is about, and consequently, that has been Gaga's message since the beginning. While she is inspired by people like Madonna, Bowie, Elton, etc., she's also inspired by God and religion in order to create a message of overwhelming love. 

4.She does have her own belief in God and what the Bible says—something I think all Christians should do—but she also does reference and rely on the Bible as well. She's even posted passages from it for her Instagram. It's a combination of the two, and that's something that all Christians need to learn how to do.

1. well you can see by the number of lmaos on the OP that people here dont "always **** on religion". It's even the contrary right now. Also I wasn't attacking anyone's belief, I was just pointing out why the Bible should not be taken that seriously imo. 

2. honestly I've always respected everyone because respect is the first most important value. I try though to express myself in a way that leads to debate without offending anyone !

3-4. okay you might be right she might be practicing more than I thought so thank you for those informations :)

2 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

well the contradiction is that being trans is feeling like the opposite sex (for example, you're born with a vagina and tits but you feel like a man) so God makes no mistake but a trans is a wrong body 

That's your intrepetation. 

Gaga always said "Born This Way" is also about the several rebirths you can go through in life.

NIGHTCRAWLER
9 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

She does have her own belief in God and what the Bible says—something I think all Christians should do—but she also does reference and rely on the Bible as well. She's even posted passages from it for her Instagram. It's a combination of the two, and that's something that all Christians need to learn how to do.

8 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

In my view, she is more spiritual than religious anyway.

2 minutes ago, mmmmmonster said:

But it to be real, I doubt it Gaga’s much of a believer in the first place. It was just a clever lyric to drag religious people.

so what's the truth :gum:

Reality
2 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

so what's the truth :gum:

lol no she's definitely a religious person. Yeah, she's spiritual as well, but there's no doubt that she is Catholic and that it's an important part of her life. Once again, she has posted many things on Insta with her and a priest, passages from the Bible, etc. She even had a whole segment on 5F2 where she attended a christening. 

🃏🖤👹

TheAlpha
42 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

That's one of the reasons why I have difficulty when people here condemn religion and religious beliefs—like, you do realize that your idol is extremely religious, right?

I like Gaga because of her work as a musician. Nothing more. There’s nothing difficult to understand about me condemning religions when I listen to her music. There’s no correlation. However, if her music was mostly gospel, then I wouldn’t be here. There’s of course nothing wrong with her being Catholic. As long as she’s not hateful. I was Catholic before I was an Atheist. So I understand a thing or two of her religion.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

LibraOctober98

Idk if this has been said already (don't feel like going through 10 pages) but the bible (King James Catholic version) doesn't say that BEING a homosexual is wrong, just like BEING a hetero isn't wrong. Where the sin comes in is when two men have sex (or women), much like how premarital heterosexuals are sinning when they have sex. Likewise, the Catholic Church doesn't call homosexuals to convert to hetersexuality, but they DO call us to be chaste (celibate (ain't had had no sex)). So when Gaga says God makes no mistakes, that's true for Catholics, because we don't believe Homosexuality is a choice. We only believe Homosexuals must be chaste. THAT BEING SAID, God isn't real and anyone can do whatever the hell they want.

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic

Archived