💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Streaming 101 MasterThread: Get ASIB to #1 on the BB200

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo
1 minute ago, GypsyBabe said:

My question is, how does it work if I buy the album on iTunes and use my paid Apple Music account. Does it pull from the album that I purchased/my library or does it count for streaming when I play a song? Am I wording that correctly? I’m old fashioned and still buy records that I like so I need to learn how to help Gaga. :vegas:

I'm not entirely sure but to be safe what I'm going to do is buy it on iTunes, then delete it from my library and continue to stream it on Apple Music (and Spotify for that matter)

• Thanks 1

TheodoreRx
2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

both.

2 minutes ago, GagaXCollection said:

Both :vegas:

I hate the streaming era, take me back to 2008 

raw

• Like 2

GypsyBabe
4 minutes ago, Arturo said:

I'm not entirely sure but to be safe what I'm going to do is buy it on iTunes, then delete it from my library and continue to stream it on Apple Music (and Spotify for that matter)

Okay sounds good. I will do the same. I am just never sure on Apple Music if I am truly streaming or not. Like if the track is downloaded to your phone and you play it, does that count? I’m just mortified thinking that I thought I was streaming PI, MR, and TC and wasn’t doing it right. Epic fail. :saladga:

⚯͛

If I download an album using my Spotify premium, is that count as an album sold? Then when I listen to each song they count as streams Everytime?

Arturo
4 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

And since this has 34 tracks does that give this album an advantage?

The dialogue tracks arent going to count

6 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

If I download an album using my Spotify premium, is that count as an album sold? Then when I listen to each song they count as streams Everytime?

No it doesnt. The regular paid streaming rules apply

6 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

But what if I don't?

Then you wasted time listening to something that isnt going to count

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Then you wasted time listening to something that isnt going to count

Even if I stop with 2 seconds left???

Thomas P

This is so complicated :saladga:

Why can’t iTunes still be the dominate (even though I love streaming more than myself)

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.
  • Like 3

DeanWinchester
56 minutes ago, Arturo said:

1. If I leave a song on repeat overnight will it count?

Reveal hidden contents

Please provide an official citation on this. The last time I asked Spotify, 30 seconds of a track counts as a stream and putting it on repeat counts for each play. Thank you.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves
  • Like 1

TheodoreRx

It's so frustrating that streaming counts so heavily. I mean it being a factor is one thing, but if an artist sold must of their first week sales from tour bundles and streaming how is that as impressive as pure sales?

Arturo
18 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Please provide an official citation on this. The last time I asked Spotify, 30 seconds of a track counts as a stream and putting it on repeat counts for each play. Thank you.

It was on Buzz Angle/HDD in regards to Travis Scott’s albums. I’ll look for it later but it was pretty recent. Astroworld dropped on Aug 3.

Also i think you migjt be confusing “each play” on Spotify counting towards its Spotify total which it does. But Billboard still places a cap on how many plays count on the charts. So if you stream a song 12 times in a day it’ll be reflected in the Spotify counter but not on the charts, it’ll only count as 10 plays from you.

• Thanks 1

• Haroon pinned this topic