press

ASIB Reviews | RT: 90% | MC: 88

monsterdino

Featured Posts

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DrewPa

Are you alla aware that there almost no movie in the history of cinema that has received only positive reviews, right ? I mean, "Spirited Away", just to name the first that come in my mind... How could you possibly write a bad review about that wonderful piece of art? And still...

Chill guys, seriously.

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Harry
Just now, Thomas P said:

89 on MC? Movies almost never get higher than an 80 on MC

It will likely go down as more reviews flood in. But whether it does or not, this extremely positive initial reaction is highly promising.

ziggymoondust
23 minutes ago, Dawson said:

5 positive, one negative. 

A 2/5 from the Financial Times.

This is the fourth iteration of A Star Is Born, and even if you haven't seen the previous versions, the formula will be familiar.

I mean, a 4 or even a 3 I'd accept, but there's no way a film can be so acclaimed and barely manage a 3 score. Someones just being petty or going in with bias.

i wonder who petty stan is

any guess? LMAO :reductive:

Back to 90 on MC with 8 reviews.

Not to be dramatic but I'm so scared LMFAOJFKJDJKD :nooo:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

ARTBOP

Umm, not to be dramatic, but an Oscar suddenly doesn't seem so far away.

giphy.gif

Nominations, at least, are in the bag.

TropicOfCANCER
14 minutes ago, teenagechrist said:

I guess this is a very good start? I'm so nervous :messga:

yes, this is a very good start. the early reviews are an indicator of how the film will be received once the wide release comes out. We can now say for sure that this film will certainly not be panned.

18 minutes ago, Unites said:

Don't come for the critics, guys. I'm a professional movie critic myself and the free world wherein we can express our opinions becomes smaller and smaller. People are reacting so violent and nasty towards us nowadays. Just let us do our jobs and try to live with the fact that not everybody rates a movie the same.

But that isn’t critiquing a film? That’s hating on the fact it’s a remake. You should know this as a professional critic

Imagine if Gaga listened to her fans and scrapped this to film a music video for The Cure :deadbanana:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

TropicOfCANCER

Im seeing some people say theres 13 reviews up, but i still see only 12 - 11 fresh 1 rotten. So i'll keep the OP as is for now.

edit: just updated

DrewPa
Just now, TropicOfCANCER said:

yes, this is a very good start. the early reviews are an indicator of how the film will be received once the wide release comes out. We can now say for sure that this film will certainly not be panned.

besides, these are all top critics reviews so far... Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Time Magazine... 

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

• Admin changed the title to ASIB Reviews | RT: 95% | MC: 87

Archived