Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

ASIB Reviews | RT: 90% | MC: 88

monsterdino

Featured Posts

AndrewGr
10 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

I honestly hated them long before these messy “reviews”. They’re so pretentious and they think that shading anything mainstream makes them cool. Who cares about those wannabe critics when you have the Guardian, Telegraph and everyone else praising her. :vegas:

Spoiler

That being said, I really hope the Gaga curse strikes them asap and their nonexistent careers come to an end :fthis:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ziggy
2 hours ago, DrewPa said:

Are you alla aware that there almost no movie in the history of cinema that has received only positive reviews, right ? I mean, "Spirited Away", just to name the first that come in my mind... How could you possibly write a bad review about that wonderful piece of art? And still...

Chill guys, seriously.

And, for instance, I think Citizen Kane, “the best movie of all time”, is a nearly unwatchable slog and just a dire misery of a film.

Arcanum
1 minute ago, AndrewGr said:

I honestly hated them long before these messy “reviews”. They’re so pretentious and they think that shading anything mainstream makes them cool. Who cares about those wannabe critics when you have the Guardian, Telegraph and everyone else praising her. :vegas:

Hide contents

That being said, I really hope the Gaga curse strikes them asap and their nonexistent careers come to an end :fthis:

Well said!

They don't like anything mainstream but they took good coins being next to gossip TV shows next to dumb blonde presenters .:grr:thank God their opinion equals toilet flush.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

DrewPa
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

And, for instance, I think Citizen Kane, “the best movie of all time”, is a nearly unwatchable slog and just a dire misery of a film.

which is not, but you're entitled to have your own opinion :hug:

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

DrewPa
1 minute ago, Bad Monster Kid said:

I don’t think this count for either but 5/5 none the less. 

https://oneroomwithaview.com/2018/08/31/a-star-is-born-venice-2018-review/

Seems like a lot of people now are talking about a possible "Best Movie" nominee... Can you imagine the step Gaga's career would take from there? I mean, if the movie began a critic and GP favorite? And the music? And her performance? It's bit early to dream, but it would be HUGE. Like staring at a hater like "are you really comparing your fav to Gaga? B*tch please. :huntyga:"

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

monsterdino
On 8/30/2018 at 3:35 PM, monsterdino said:

Official 'A Star is Born' Reviews Megathread

Dl8pydIVsAEB4Zp.jpg:orig

Reviews that count toward Rotten Tomatoes / Metacritic:

The Guardian - 5/5
Telegraph - 5/5
Variety - 5/5
TheWrap - 90/100
Time - 90/100
Indiewire - B
Chicago Tribune - Positive
Roger Ebert - Positive
Little White Lies - Positive
CineVue - 3/5
Us Weekly - 3/5

I also added quotes from each review

HitTheBoat
11 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

out of 17 reviews

14 are positive

3 are mixed

minor correction: US Weekly's is 3 stars out of 4.

monsterdino
7 minutes ago, HitTheBoat said:

minor correction: US Weekly's is 3 stars out of 4.

oh waiT? I thought it was 5 stars since I read that qoute and it read to me as not that positive review...just fixed the OP

guess that means 

15 positive

2 mixed

monsterdino
7 minutes ago, LDR said:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_star_is_born_2018/

Of course this could change as more people see it, but with a solid 17 reviews so far (all from credible publications) starting at 94% is a HUGE success! Let's hope it stays in the 90s after it's wide release.

it had 16 but now I saw that the Independent review came out w/ 3/5...and the critic was that the remake was unnecessary while praising bradley and gaga's performance...guess thats the only bad critique they can give it which is REALLY good

Ziggy
45 minutes ago, DrewPa said:

which is not, but you're entitled to have your own opinion :hug:

Thank you; exactly my point lol I can recognize it's technically very good, but I didn't find it even remotely enjoyable to watch which I find important. People will find that in this movie as well. Nothing gets *entirely* universal praise. Heck, people even disliked Black Panther and Titanic, etc.

Sidenote: good withering stare in your AVI lol

• Admin changed the title to ASIB Reviews | RT: 95% | MC: 87

Archived