💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Ends Witness Era

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

CHained to the Rhythm was a great song and she looked super hot and cool with that blonde hair she was rocking in the beginning. She had such a promising start. It all went downhill after that. I do respect her for standing by it. Most people disappear after a flop which is the smart thing to do.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smother Em Eh

It’s about time. And the Era seemed like it went on forever. Hopefully KP5’s Era is better and Katy brings back her gorgeous signature long black hair. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

misunderstood
On 8/27/2018 at 11:03 PM, dit said:

No matter what anyone says about this era she stuck by her guns and went through it fully (which is RARE). Popstars give up on eras so quick now a days if it is not a major success. She gave 4 semi high budget MVs (2 of which were great), she did a full Worldwide tour, she promoted the heck out of it, she stuck by her art/music, she shared some vulnerable moments and she tried to change things up (tho it did not really work). I'm not the biggest fan of Katy's but I can say she handled this era really well and with dignity. :golfclap:

This.

Also IMO the album deserved so much better :( It was her most experimental and different with songs like Witness, Mind Maze, and Dance With The Devil. Still my favorite album.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

1 hour ago, misunderstood said:

This.

Also IMO the album deserved so much better :( It was her most experimental and different with songs like Witness, Mind Maze, and Dance With The Devil. Still my favorite album.

I think she marketed the record poorly and chose the wrong singles. Had she gone with an ethereal look and released Witness as the lead, followed by Chained I feel like her era would of gone a lot smoother. Chained wasn't a strong enough lead. It would of been a strong second single but Witness was the only clear cut smash hit on that album and they totally let it go to waste :( 

Yes I also agree the record was pretty good. Mind Maze is my fav. 

misunderstood
37 minutes ago, dit said:

I think she marketed the record poorly and chose the wrong singles. Had she gone with an ethereal look and released Witness as the lead, followed by Chained I feel like her era would of gone a lot smoother. Chained wasn't a strong enough lead. It would of been a strong second single but Witness was the only clear cut smash hit on that album and they totally let it go to waste :( 

Yes I also agree the record was pretty good. Mind Maze is my fav. 

Yeah I understand. I wish labels would let artist's decide their singles more than they do. It's sad all the official singles had to have features. I also wish the videos weren't so cringey :/ SS is one of the worst videos of all time. Happy you love Mind Maze as well, it's so underrated.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Widows Kiss
23 minutes ago, truthteller said:

6 continents
113 shows

when will our fave?

:fthis:

I wish she would :ohno:
She still outgrossed Katy with less than half shows. :giggle:

Miss Hudson took her L and stood tall. She stuck to the era rollout and didn't abandon it halfway through and chuck out a cheap DJ hit in place of a single. She committed to the entire tour, even in areas where she didn't sell as much. On top of it all she didn't broadcast any meltdowns on twitter, she ate some humble pie, and that is not always a bad thing.

She said she allowed the statistics to define her and when they weren't there she was forced to look deeper. This era done more for her as a person than any chart topping radio hit could have. I'm excited to see how she applies this newfound approach to her new music

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Archived