💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Ariana Grande earns third No.1 album on Billboard 200 with Sweetener

Miaou

Featured Posts

Arturo
38 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

Because Dangerous Woman absolutely shits on Sweetener musically/sonically while having a lower peak on BB 200.

But Sweetener was more successful at this point and the charts aren’t quality based nor do they claim to be. So I would say they matter.

BUtterfield 8

ariana-grande-press-photo-by-dave-meyers

Ariana Grande earns her third No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart, as her fourth full-length studio effort, Sweetener, enters atop the tally. The set, which was released on Aug. 17 via Republic Records, starts with 231,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Aug. 23, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 127,000 are from traditional album sales.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units are comprised of traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new Sept. 1-dated chart (where Sweetener launches at No. 1) will be posted in full on Billboard's websites on Tuesday, Aug. 28.

Grande’s Third No. 1: Sweetener is Grande’s third leader on the Billboard 200, following the chart-topping debuts of her second album, My Everything (Sept. 13, 2014), and her debut effort, Yours Truly (Sept. 21, 2013). Of her four full-length studio sets, only her third release, Dangerous Woman, missed the top. It debuted and peaked at No. 2 on June 11, 2016 (stuck behind Grande’s labelmate, Drake, with his blockbuster album Views, which was in its fourth of 14 nonconsecutive weeks at No. 1).

‘Sweetener’ Surpasses ‘Dangerous’: With Sweetener’s start of 231,000 units, it beats the bow of Grande’s last album, Dangerous Woman. The latter entered the chart at No. 2 with 175,000 units.

Second Biggest Week of 2018 for a Woman: Sweetener secures the second-largest week for an album by a woman in 2018. Only Cardi B’s Invasion of Privacy launched with a larger figure: 255,000 units (No. 1, April 21-dated chart). Thus, Sweetener also has the biggest week for a pop album by a woman. Speaking of pop albums by women…

Largest Streaming Week Ever for a Pop Album by a Woman: Sweetener’s songs collected 126.7 million on-demand audio streams in its debut frame -- the largest streaming week for a pop album by a woman. It’s also the biggest streaming week for any non-hip-hop effort by a woman. Sweetener is the rare pop album that performed strongly on streaming services -- generally rap albums post big streaming numbers in comparison to other genres.

Of the 41 instances where there was an album that collected more than 125 million streams in a single week, only four were not rap titles. Aside from Sweetener, there were also the debut frames of Ed Sheeran’s ÷ (Divide) (134.6 million), The Weeknd’s My Dear Melancholy (140.8 million), and The Weeknd’s Starboy (175.2 million).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8472196/ariana-grande-sweetener-number-one-billboard-200-chart

TheAlpha
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

There is already a thread on this I think

If you don’t post the link to that thread, they’ll give you a warning point lol

You know this is just my opinion, right?

37 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

‘Sweetener’ Surpasses ‘Dangerous’: With Sweetener’s start of 231,000 units, it beats the bow of Grande’s last album, Dangerous Woman. The latter entered the chart at No. 2 with 175,000 units.

Dangerous Woman deserved better :giveup:

Archived