๐Ÿ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA ๐Ÿ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Do YouTube streams count towards the billboard 200 album chart?

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

Drin Lon

So somebody that knows all the T about charts, do they? According to this article:ย https://pitchfork.com/news/billboard-charts-change-to-count-paid-streams-more-than-free/ย , it sound like untilย lately they didn't but now they do, but onlyย half as much as paid services' streams. Is this right? For example, will the streams from Idol's music video count for BTS's album chart position in the USย :oprah:ย :poot:

Yes, but only the views from the US, and they are weighted less than the paid streams from Spotify Premium, Apple Music paid subscriptions etc.

Drin Lon
11 minutes ago, Necca said:

Yes, but only the views from the US, and they are weighted less than the paid streams from Spotify Premium, Apple Music paid subscriptions etc.

Thnxย :heart:

RudraCNG

If I remember correctly, Anaconda for example went #2 on Billboard because of its video views.

bloody g
9 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

If I remember correctly, Anaconda for example went #2 on Billboard because of its video views.

That's the Hot 100, the OP is referring to the 200 Album Chartย :ohno:

ใ€Ž๐Ÿ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ง๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ใ€

bloody g

Yes they do!

edit: boo boo the fool

ใ€Ž๐Ÿ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ง๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ใ€

TEANUS

Yes, streams became a factor at the end of 2014 I think. Aย certain number of streams of an albumโ€™s tracks over the streaming services = an โ€˜equivalentย unitโ€™ of an album.ย 

I wanna say itโ€™s like 1,000 streams = 1 unit or was like that at one time but idk for sure now. @Arturoย is good at the conversions

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

RudraCNG
6 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

That's the Hot 100, the OP is referring to the 200 Album Chartย :ohno:

Oh I'm sorry, I read it wrongย :messga:

Gypsy Life

Mess at everyone saying yes.

No. YouTube doesn't count on the albums chart. They count on the Hot100, on singles certifications and on album certifications.

Billboard 200 only counts audio streams.

Drin Lon
17 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

No. YouTube doesn't count on the albums chart. They count on the Hot100, on singles certifications and on album certifications.

ย 

4 minutes ago, OBEY said:

everyone saying yes :air:ย @Gypsy Lifeย said it all!

tagging everyone so they know @TEANUSย @Bloody Grammysย @Neccaย @Drin Lon

Mess

This article thoย https://pitchfork.com/news/billboard-charts-change-to-count-paid-streams-more-than-free/

4 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Did you read the article?

"Meanwhile, the Billboard 200 albums chart right now counts 1,500 streams as the equivalent of an album sale, or โ€œunit.โ€ Thatโ€™s regardless of whether the streams are from a paid subscription or a free, ad-supported service. (The Billboard 200 doesnโ€™t include video streams or Pandora-style programmed streams.) "

Drin Lon
42 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Did you read the article?

"Meanwhile, the Billboard 200 albums chart right now counts 1,500 streams as the equivalent of an album sale, or โ€œunit.โ€ Thatโ€™s regardless of whether the streams are from a paid subscription or a free, ad-supported service. (The Billboard 200 doesnโ€™t include video streams or Pandora-style programmed streams.) "

I thought they changed that with the new updateย :noparty:

Arturo
4 hours ago, Gypsy Life said:

thank u sis

Archived