💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Ringer: SOPHIE Could Be the Next Big Sound in Pop

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

Hoeanne
4 minutes ago, dit said:

Melody has everything to do with their success actually. Their lyrical content has been horrible and their delivery is poor compared to rappers of the past. It's the melody of their songs which carry them which is why music has been in a pretty bad place lately since the artist is too dependent on the producer and the way the music flows / sounds. The artist him/herself is highly disposable. Additionally the comment about other trends taking off with doubters is true however with most of recent musical trends you will find a common denominator which is MELODY being at the forefront. Melody is what makes music easier to digest for the masses which then becomes "the next big sound". But I know what you are saying tbh

I'll admit that, all hating aside, Drake's music is actually fairly melodic since he's essentially making rnb most of the time. I'll maintain that most trap rappers work more towards a vibe than a catchy melody. When they do make catchy hooks it tends to be more about phrasing than melody. "Walk It Talk It", for example, doesn't have a strong melody but the way they phrase the chorus does catch your ear. I think a song like"Immaterial" from SOPHIE's album might have a chance at becoming a hit since it also has some very memorable phrasing, and a catchy moldy in the verses.

TheAlpha

This video is so cool. I think the music is like SOPHIE’s. 

You know this is just my opinion, right?

derpmonster
1 hour ago, TheAlpha said:

enigmatic

:oops:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Killa

Well i dont she has proven to have what it takes for such monumental expectation.

But... there are small changes that can make difference in pop

For example rick rubin that produced dope was very important in simplifying pop from things like back vocals, string arrangements etc.. things that fill in and make us more envolved

Im using rubin cause sophie would be the extreme. Theres no sense of comfort in her music, in most of it at least.

What i think could be interesting is

Gaga breaking out of the pop saturated form of verse chorus..bridge chorus

Maybe think new ways to use musical ideas. Most pop producers use too many melodic themes, a good composer has to be efficient in use of melodic material.

So what i mean is stripping pop for what is more basic and leave out what we, as audience who heard millions equal songs, imagine whats there. And focus on whats important.

Gaga comes up with good hooks, lets hope she focus on those and doesnt also feel the need to have many verses.

One thing in pop that is wrong is lyrics sometimes are there just because its time to another verse before the chorus. Electronic music sometimes just has one stanza, as well as older pop ballads. And its repeated etc

Then theres harmony. You can shed most of the notes. Its been done in contemporany classical music. Ofc in recorded pop music is different than acoustic. 

So breaking pop structure, make it more efficient, thinking new ways to build up emotion. 

ThisGuyTony

SOPHIE's collaborations aren't that bad buttttt... SOPHIE's own music is a bunch of annoying sounds and noise. :rip:

TEANUS

Will kill to hear what she, Gaga, BloodPop, Justin Tranter, and Boyz Noize cook up together :messga:

Maybe some of the album will be pure pop jams (Telephone, Alejandro, Applause, Modernized): BloodPop, Justin Tranter; and the rest futuristic, trippy (Aura, Just Like We Never Goodbye, Mary Jane Holland): Sophie, Boyz Noize

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Ziggy
12 hours ago, dit said:

Melody has everything to do with their success actually. Their lyrical content is what is horrible and their delivery is poor compared to rappers of the past but it is the melody of their songs which carry them. This is why popular music has been in a pretty bad place lately since the artist is too dependent on the producer / DJ and the way the music flows / sounds. This is also why we are experiencing the rise of the popular DJs and producers when it comes to the GP because the GP is starting to get more interested in the ppl who actually make the melodies and production of the songs they hear and enjoy. The artist him/herself is highly disposable. Additionally the comment about other trends taking off with doubters is true however with most of recent musical trends you will find a common denominator which is MELODY being at the forefront. Melody is what makes music easier to digest for the masses which then becomes "the next big sound". But I know what you are saying and respect your opinion ofcourse. 

But i would argue, then, that pairing with Gaga is what SOPHIE’s sound needs to break into the mainstream. Gaga’s core strength are melodies so if she works with someone who can attach progressive production to that it could prove to be a really fruitful collaboration!

TheAlpha
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

But i would argue, then, that pairing with Gaga is what SOPHIE’s sound needs to break into the mainstream. Gaga’s core strength are melodies so if she works with someone who can attach progressive production to that it could prove to be a really fruitful collaboration!

And I think Gaga’s would be the first mainstream pop star of her caliber to try this sound. So who knows. Maybe she’ll start something.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

Inferno

ITs funny to me that everyone acts like this is so innovative when it doesnt even sound different.

But whatever, im sure she can provide great music for Gaga.

Archived