💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A Fresh Perspective of John Wayne MV

crackpoppodcast

Featured Posts

crackpoppodcast

So I’m gonna throw it back a little (actually a lot) to the John Wayne music video, and before you all call me delulu- we ALL ARE FOR BEING A PART OF THIS CULT SITE. 

So, I just rewatched the mv to John Wayne for the first time in months, and I’ve always felt that there was some message we weren’t getting from it. So, here’s my take on some of the things that happen in the video.

So, obviously she begins the video in her Joanne-best, and she sees a crazy, rebel guy riding along the road and is kind of fascinated with him. giphy.gifThis just shows that although Joanne as an album was more tame and personal, this chick is still thrilled by bad ass, punk rock **** like she always has been.

Fast forward near the end of the video where she’s completely stripped of her Joanne clothes and is now the “girl behind the aura” (if you will), riding her manz’ disco stick while about to crash the car- the lyrics “so here I go, to the eye of the storm- just to feel your love. Knock me over, here I go- into our love storm” have ALWAYS captivated me and are a kind of desperate plea to herself that she’s about to give up this personal era and time in her life to jump back into the chaotic madness (“the eye of the storm”) of the pop fandom world with her next era- LG6. 

giphy.gifNow I have a new perspective of this part in particular which is why I began writing this in the first place. What if we (her fans) are the guy in that car? What if WE are JOHN WAYNE? 

“I crave a real wild man- I’m strung out on JOHN WAYNE” (I’m loving this more laidback and personal album cycle and it’s what I have always needed, SO WHY DO I STILL WANT THE BULL*%#”??

In this video, she’s having a joyride to hell and back- aka she knows that the thrill and ride of being on top again and having fans screaming and applauding for her is like a drug that she so desperately wants but already knows what it’s going to do to her- kill her. And fast forward even more to where she is actually shot down by the crazy, thrill-seeking bitch. And there’s sexy dancers and a glamorous choreography number amidst all the chaos- because that’s all the industry and the gp and even some of her fans want from her- ignoring all of the other parts.

giphy.gif

Thoughts? I know this is sooo long after the video, but just listen to the lyrics and watch the video with the perspective that her fans are actually the guy she’s singing about. 

P.S. this is why I need ASIB soundtrack ASAP to hold me over for now.

P.P.S. This is basically like my first post of this kind so keep that in mind. 

Frivolero

OH wow haven't seen this in a very long time and the visuals :cryga:

TheAlpha

Very interesting. I thought her getting shot down meant that she was finally saying goodbye to her old self. But yours make more sense tbh.

Off topic, JW should’ve gotten a VMAs nomination last year.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

crackpoppodcast
Just now, TheAlpha said:

Very interesting. I thought her getting shot down meant that she was finally saying goodbye to her old self. But yours make more sense tbh.

Off topic, JW should’ve gotten a VMAs nomination last year.

It definitely should’ve, but it’s not surprising that they paid dust to her once again. VMA’s are nothing without her. 👏🏼

I love your interpretation, it actually makes so much sense. It also makes me want to be a better fan in general :vegas:

Lana Del Gay

It's like, I just love a cowboy you know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little FASTER?!

Love John Wayne so much, and the whole album. The song could be Gaga telling us she is still that same crazy and rebellious person she was before, and that Joanne hasn't replaced her. She is trying to tell us she isn't tame by indicating she wants a "real wild man", and her fans shouldn't forget that. Imo, we're not that guy like John Wayne, but rather he is her personality. Always wild mother monster. Joanne was supposed to be mostly calm and personal since she was honouring her beloved aunt, but that doesn't mean Gaga is changed. I think she has proved this with her recent crazy Instagram pictures and will prove this in LG6. 

That rah rah bitch

Glamourpuss

I love reading stuff like this. I think it's a plausible theory for the video but I don't think that's what the actual song is about like somebody else went on to explain.

I just watched it today as well and I'm actually not sure what the video is supposed to mean because there is so much going on. Has Gaga ever said anything about it or has it been left for us to decipher?

TheSlash

I wanted to reply that it was a reach, but then I thought about it and it actually could be right :udidnt:  :tony: 

Ew, David!

I also wanted to say that it's a bit of a stretch, but I am really keen to that idea. At least in the context of the video.

3 points in and ready for more

PlastiscGuy

Off topic but who are the cowboy and the badass driver guys? They are so hot :giveup: and there is no info anywhere about them :nooo: 

Help a desperate hunty. Hoy por mí, mañana por ti :vegas:

PG.

Archived