💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Could Gaga follow this pattern?

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland

This is a very vague connection, I'd say. But, it's something I've been thinking a lot lately.

We all know ARTPOP was Gaga's flop era and Joanne was her comeback and an image cleanse era, but mostly had impact in her home country/her biggest market.

So, could LG6 be her next global smash era if she happens to follow this pattern:

Kyle -> Impossible Princess (a flop album), Light Years (a comeback, but only had hits in her home country), Fever (WW smash)

220px-Kylie_Minogue_Impossible_Princess.220px-Kylie_Minogue_-_Light_Years.png220px-Kylie_Minogue_-_Fever.png

Madonna -> Erotica (a panned flop era), Bedtime Stories (image cleanse era, but local), Ray of Light (global comeback)

220px-Erotica_Madonna.png220px-Bedtime_Stories_Madonna.png220px-Ray_of_Light_Madonna.png

I wanted to connect these and thought the only thing they have in common are the major female pop artist like, it happens to them. But, it never happened to Britney (as someone who is top tier female pop artists), or it did?

220px-Artpop_cover.png220px-Lady_Gaga_-_Joanne_(Official_Album????????????????

So I'm wondering could Gaga follow the same pattern and have a global comeback with her next era? :oprah:

Also, I'm bored, so... :oprah:

NIGHTCRAWLER

I really hope that LG6 will be a WW smash :pray: I'm so curious to know what genre is she experimenting and how it's gonna sound like :excited2: 

xokuba

It's weird how I love (word like with Erotica) the flop albums, don't like (word hate with BS) the comeback ones and then love the smashes.

12 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Is it me or the "follow this topic" thingy is gone? :oprah:

It is and I reported it. :lolly:

River

Could the pattern follow Gaga? :oprah:

Is it the reality or the fantasy, or we still live in between?

I don't know guys, it's scary, it's becoming too philosophical  for me, I can't solve enigmas every single day

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Killa

Its similar to kylie. 

Also she really went to a more alternative vibe with her collab with nick cave. Just like gaga decided to go for jazz

The point was giving credibility. As with madonna in evita

But gagas true credibility will come with asib cause the movie is more international, while most usa by now should know shes good, her whole campaign for credibility hasnt been felt outside that well

FfFfFfFF

Maybe. Joanne unlike the other albums had a more US-centered appeal because of the country/ folk/ americana influences so it's no surprise that it worked better in America. I don't know what to think of this pattern. It may be valid or simply coincidential.

retroglamx

DO you know what's totally crazy but I'd be SO DOWN FOR? Gaga's Ray Of Light. The whole concept or world pop music and the production on that album is just stellar. I wish Gaga tried something very experimental without going full ARTPOP again.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

23 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Maybe. Joanne unlike the other albums had a more US-centered appeal because of the country/ folk/ americana influences so it's no surprise that it worked better in America. I don't know what to think of this pattern. It may be valid or simply coincidential.

While I think it definitely could be coincidental, I think there is some weight to it, considering how the industry and the public can shift these narratives on artists, specifically women in pop. And, unfortunately, history tends to repeat itself unless it is significantly shafted.

I guess it's similar to the "fourth album curse" in that way.

3 points in and ready for more

bloody g

ARTPOP is my baby, it makes me feel rly bad that she has this image

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

TheodoreRx

I'm ready for Gaga to go full pop again. After C2C, Joanne and ASIB I'll be dying for more popga. 

IAmNotHere1997

I would love to, but I'm not really sure about this. Considering the things she's been teasing lately+ENIGMA, the potential might be there. But so has to be the general public :icega:

Archived