💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Rolling Stone: God Is a Really Bored Woman

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

TheAlpha

giphy.gif

The article is actually not shading Ariana. But the VMAs itself. 

There was something poignant about MTV’s big question this year: How the hell can we keep people from noticing the Video Music Awards? Bump it to a Monday night in August? Not enough. Give Jennifer Lopez a lifetime achievement award for her singing? Not enough. Make Aerosmith jam with Post Malone? Allow DJ Khaled near a mic? Getting warmer, but not quite. Most years the VMAs bash is a surreal tour of pop culture’s dizzy highs and comic lows. But last night was pretty far from any kind of show. No stars. No fun. Pure flop sweat. The VMAs’ ratings have slipped violently in the past few years, and there are plenty of theories why, but MTV’s disdainful distance from music culture these days makes it the wrong network to be throwing itself a party. And wow, this really just isn’t a show. It felt barely noticed even by those who bothered to tune in.

Jennifer Lopez won the Video Vanguard award, making you wonder if MTV has any idea Lopez makes actual films, the kind where she doesn’t try to sing. (Have you seen Out of Sight lately? Or U-Turn? Or The Boy Next Door? This is a movie star, for real.) Since her music-video workis considerably less resonant or influential than her fragrances (JLuxe, breathe it in) it was sad to see her frolic with Ja Rule on “I’m Real,”trying to pimp a golden age that never was. Then they got clowned offstage by DJ Khaled.

The VMAs’ peak thrill came from Madonna’s beyond-awkward Aretha Franklin tribute, clearly planned as a Madonna 60th birthday tribute, which Madonna clearly still wanted it to be.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/mtv-vmas-2018-recap-madonna-ariana-grande-performances-aretha-franklin-713824/

You know this is just my opinion, right?

Thomas P

I was about to say. They better not have shaded the only great performance of the night. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

ferretti

"Instead, this year’s VMA ceremony was full of existential questions. Like: Has anyone ever sucked at anything like DJ Khaled? What precisely does he suck at? What measure of entertainment is he trying and failing to reach? What would a “successful” DJ Khaled endeavor resemble? Will we ever know how his music sounds in his dreams, or will we merely continue to behold the awe-inspiring shitness of his award-show cameos? If you were imprisoned in a cave in which music was unknown, and the only sound was the whisper of winter winds as the dust rustles against the bare stone walls, would DJ Khaled grunting “standing ovaaation!” compute as some sort of pleasurable respite from the emptiness? Or is it possible that the death rattle of the wind would be Side Two of Spirit in the Dark by comparison?"

This is perfection. :vegas:

disco stick tester, inquire within

bloody g

The moment I saw Ariana's peformance I stopped watching

edit: I mean when she finished, I liked it :vegas:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Spartacus

JLo's vanguard award was NOT for singing - it was for her videos.  Article is merely one person's opinion. :bye:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Contrapoints
11 minutes ago, ferretti said:

"Instead, this year’s VMA ceremony was full of existential questions. Like: Has anyone ever sucked at anything like DJ Khaled? What precisely does he suck at? What measure of entertainment is he trying and failing to reach? What would a “successful” DJ Khaled endeavor resemble? Will we ever know how his music sounds in his dreams, or will we merely continue to behold the awe-inspiring shitness of his award-show cameos? If you were imprisoned in a cave in which music was unknown, and the only sound was the whisper of winter winds as the dust rustles against the bare stone walls, would DJ Khaled grunting “standing ovaaation!” compute as some sort of pleasurable respite from the emptiness? Or is it possible that the death rattle of the wind would be Side Two of Spirit in the Dark by comparison?"

This is perfection. :vegas:

I want this read as the eulogy to my funeral

Thomas P

I had a good laugh :huntyga:

props to you rolling stone. Always brutally honest :ohwell:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Sneaky Oliver

I mean... they tried. VMA brought back Madonna and Aerosmith. But where are Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy, Gaga, Bruno, The Weeknd...? All the enjoyable performers were missing and it's not MTVs fault. Ariana Grande did a GREAT performance and that's it. And how is Havana wining VOTY I thought it was released in 2016 :air:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

the jlo bashing part is unnecessary but agreed that it was boring.

Mister Gaga

No lies detected. The VMAs needs popstars to succed; because they rely mostly on a public that is a huge consumer of pop music. All the iconic VMA moments and ceremonies included pop stars.

Damon
10 minutes ago, ARPiT said:

Lorde is so damn pretty....:cryga:

ikr :diane: can't wait to see her in november

... and now i just sit in silence.

Archived