💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Thriller no longer US best selling album of all time

iCpro

Featured Posts

iCpro

It seems the King of Pop has finally been dethroned, in the United States at least, after sales of another album surpassed those of Michael Jackson’s Thriller.

It was overtaken by the Eagles’ album Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975) which was first released in 1976.

According to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), the Eagles’ album hit sales and streams of 38 million this week, making it certified 38x platinum and moonwalking its way past Jackson’s classic, which is currently only 33x platinum.

The RIAA also said the Eagle’s iconic album Hotel California, released in 1977, is now 26x platinum, making it the third best-selling album of time, according to Billboard.

So why the sudden surge in the Eagles’ popularity? Well, the last time the RIAA tallied sales of the album was 2006, so they had some catching up to do. Whereas Thriller’s sales and streams record was updated last year.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/sound/michael-jacksons-thriller-has-been-overtaken-as-the-best-selling-album-of-all-time/

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

7 minutes ago, Mad Onna said:

Still #1 WW tho :sis:

Right? :poot:

Yep, Thriller has still sold more WW. So really this is the best selling album of all time in the US. 

Arcanum
2 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

Streaming is really killing everything

I agree with u but not in that case.

The Eagles is not a group formed in post Millenium era to take advantage of streaming for sales. The fact that their songs are still streamed (hence makes them known to young generations) makes them classic.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

FfFfFfFF
6 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

I don't really think this has something to do with streaming. :laughga:

Harry
8 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

The Eagles are not exactly a big streaming artist like Drake or something :rip: MJ is far more popular than them on Spotify, for example

iCpro
7 minutes ago, Sam Winchester said:

Yep, Thriller has still sold more WW. So really this is the best selling album of all time in the US. 

Yep, but I had to get that clickbait title to snatch a hit thread :sis:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Quasi

I mean if there was a person/group to surpass MJ, I'm glad it's the Eagles. 

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Guest Adarsh
25 minutes ago, iCpro said:

The RIAA also said the Eagle’s iconic album Hotel California, released in 1977, is now 26x platinum, making it the third best-selling album of time, according to Billboard.

Hotel Cortez impacT :v:

littlepotter
28 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

here we go again

chaeri pls

Monster7

Thriller is still best selling album in history with 65 million copies sold:reductive:

Add "in the USA" at the end of the title

Archived