music news

Pitchfork: Sweetener 8.1/10

TheCureinMalibu

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
baptism

What the hell lmao, where did that even come from? I generally trust their reviews but something's not right here. 

OracleMonster

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion 

Doesn't mean it’s right though 

:vegas:

Judas Society
26 minutes ago, Lagg said:

They're the last critics that I think would give the album a good score. :neyde:

Kinda mad. They were horrible to Gaga. I don't really think Ariana is close to what Gaga puts out with sweetener and I'm a casual listener and somewhat a fan of her.

It’s not as bad the more you listen to it.  DW still is her best album though.

And so much for supporting female pop artists to take back the industry :vegas:

Flawless

It's a great album. I think the score is more for her growth as an artist and not really for the album itself. The songs in sweetener really suits her more than her previous albums imo.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

LOVE JUNKIE

Are these music critics scared of arianators wrath or what? I remember reading a bunch of reviews for Man of the Woods (JTs flop album) and they were all really positive and I was like am I missing something... and then I read the pitchfork review and I was like yes finally an honest review. I thought for sure it would happen again with Sweetener but nope 🤦🏻‍♀️ How did ARTPOP get torn to shreds by critics and Sweetener gets endless praise... we must of truly slipped into some sort of alternate dimension.

on a three day bender

Flawless

The thing is: reviews are never only based in the album itself. Everything depends on how the image and expectation are in the moment. ARTPOP was destroyed by the critics because Gaga was with a bad image, bad press and huge expectations around her. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Archived