Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey Faces Backlash For Israel Performance

Perfume

Featured Posts

Perfume

Speculated for the last couple of days, now confirmed. 

Lana will be performing at a festival in Israel, sort of shattering her political ideas and things she has advocated for in the past. Many fans have taken to social media to voice their opinion.

and began to comment on her manager’s posts (check comments)

Artists in the past have also received backlash for even accepting to perform there, even after cancelling the event. I’m hoping she acknowledges this sooner than later.

an angel held me like a child

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazaar

Ugh I’m sick of it 

cant wait to see her live for the first time! Happy she’s finally coming here :lana:

Moebius

Can someone explain me this whole Israel thing and why ppl are freaking about every artist going there???

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

TheAlpha

What is the whole deal with Israel? I remember Lorde got backlash for not performing. And Lana now for performing lmao

You know this is just my opinion, right?

1 minute ago, Moebius said:

Can someone explain me this whole Israel thing and why ppl are freaking about every artist going there???

People somehow think Artists boycotting Israel will effect its government policy. :sweat:

TeenIdle

Gaga performed in Russia when she obviously didn't support the government. Sometimes it's the fans that matter. 

Cocaine Heart
1 minute ago, Dolev said:

People somehow think Artists boycotting Israel will effect its government policy. :sweat:

It's called BDS. Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions. I'm sure you are aware. 

It does worked. It played a major role in the fall of the Apartheid government is South Africa. It can play a major role in the fall of the Apartheid government in Israel. 
Disappointed in Lana. I expect better. 

We going to boo

DitaDolla

IF AN ARTIST PERFORMS IN ISRAEL, IT DOESN'T SAY ANYTHING POLITICAL! IT SAYS THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR FANS!

Gaga was here for the fame ball and artrave:staymad:

Yuuri
6 minutes ago, TheAlpha said:

What is the whole deal with Israel? I remember Lorde got backlash for not performing. And Lana now for performing lmao

Some cases they'll never win.

mister max
2 minutes ago, Moebius said:

1 minute ago, TheAlpha said:

There’s so much going on here in America and I really don’t check for what’s happening outside.

I mean its a lot more then this but:

Israel and Palestine have been in conflict since forever now, the United $tates (via UnitedNations) has acknowlegded Israel as a country but pulled its veto (in the United Nations) against making Palestine a country. Israel have surpressed the people of Palestine and the only place where they can live somewhat safely is in GAZA. But GAZA isnt safe, is heavly garded by Israel both on land and on sea cause they want to "eradicate" their people. So everyone who goes to perform in Israel basically supports those acts (or at least thats what the people who give the backslash say)

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

River

So she shouldn’t perform in the US under Trump’s government too.

Most of her Israrli fans are against the extreme right facist government in Israel, like me.

if someone thinks the government cares if she cancels, they are wrong, they will just use it to show that “everyone hates Israel and is antisemitic”

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

The Louvre

She is there for the fans, not because she supports the governments.

If artists shouldn't visit countries "where the government is horrible and literally murdering people", they shouldn't tour the US too. Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc.

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

River
2 minutes ago, mister max said:

I mean its a lot more then this but:

Israel and Palestine have been in conflict since forever now, the United $tates (via UnitedNations) has acknowlegded Israel as a country but pulled its veto (in the United Nations) against making Palestine a country. Israel have surpressed the people of Palestine and the only place where they can live somewhat safely is in GAZA. But GAZA isnt safe, is heavly garded by Israel both on land and on sea cause they want to "eradicate" their people. So everyone who goes to perform in Israel basically supports those acts (or at least thats what the people who give the backslash say)

Israel AND Egypt.

Gaza is f-ucked up by Israel, Egypt and Hamas.. and Iran is funding Hamas so they can keep the conflict alive.. it’s for everyone’s favor to keep Gaza the way it is for political and power reasons..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

baptism

Someone else would have complained if she DIDN'T book in Israel. There's no winning lmao it's pathetic the scrutiny that people who have NOTHING to do with it are expected to make statements. It would be different if the artist were from Palestine or had SOME sort of affiliation with Palestine but she's literally just a rich white woman from the states. Give it a break. 

Sneaky Oliver

So Israel people will never be allowed to go to a concert because social media advocates think a Lana Del Rey concert can change political stuff that's going on for centuries now (?) :saladga: 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived