💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Celebrities not being serious about their “bisexuality”

Regina George

Featured Posts

AshIey

Ok so you’re basically asking if celebrities use bisexuality for marketing or attention? That may be true for some, but you cannot decide someone’s sexuality. You can’t say whether they’re attracted to the same sex or not because you are not them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEANGT

It's frustrating when you want so badly to have visible queer icons in pop culture and nobody is out there consistently asserting their gay relationships or attractions. But at the same time I understand the pressures of Fame and even for non famous people the pressures of dealing with non heterosexual feelings. So I try not to judge, just get upset that we live in this society.

I don't think straight celebs are identifying as bi for attention really. I think they might just not be completely straight and don't know how to talk about it. Like a 2 on the Kinsey scale. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pamelaisley

Okay but Lady Gaga said in a 2013 interview with Andy Cohen that she's "dipped in the lady pond" before. 

And Brendon Urie (before coming out as pan) said when he kissed his bandmates on stage that it was real and he was attracted to men. I had to consult my repressed emo™ sister about this. 

You don't know what goes on behind closed doors or what they did before they were famous unless they elaborated on it or didn't discover themselves yet. 

Also, being biromantic is a thing. You don't need to have sex (or date) with someone of the same sex to be attracted to them. :crossed:

the moon lights her way 🌖🦇

AlexanderMagno

Let me add by saying this: every single day, in every pop forum, you will see people saying “pop stars are humans too”. And that is true. But what is also too is that pop stars are worldwide celebrities whose every word and action is read and seen by millions of people. And lots of those words and actions are calculated. The problem with pop fans is that they sometimes act like their fave is some sort of ideal human being, even more human than others, when truthfully they are the ones whose words you can never trust 100%.

So, I do think lots of those artists exaggerate their sexuality (can experimenting be considered bisexuality? That’s a whole new discussion). But I also think that every one of those artists, bi or not, do explore that in their favour. Why is there a need to proclaim your sexuality? Shouldn’t that be a personal issue? Even if they really are bi, of course they use that to call people’s attentions. Specially nowadays, when those subjects are more relevant.

on the other hand, they are the people who give the example. If they are not the ones who first come forward about their sexuality, who will? Politicians? (Ideally, yes, but that doesn’t happen so easily). Who will give the example to those closeted lgbt who have no one to look up to?

so, it really is a tricky situation.

Miracle
5 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I noticed this long ago but it still honestly really frustrates me. A lot of celebrities including Gaga, Harry Styles, Brandon Urie, Angelina Jolie say they are bisexual but they have literally never been in an honest relationship with same sex. I think they only say it (and I love them all but) because it’s considered cool and controversial and it brings them majority of LGBTQ fans + it kinda keeps them safe with straight fans because they still “have a chance with them”. I honestly think that being bisexual is something honest and I believe that they are not honest with it. Just because you kissed a girl or guy in university or in music video doesn’t make you bisexual. Like hello. 

I’m interested to see what you think about this topic and please don’t consider this “hate thread” because it’s not. I still love people that I mentioned but I don’t like the fact that they just use this to be “IN” or to get more fans or to be “different”.

EDIT: PLEASE READ THIS - I never said someone is obligated to date same sex to be considered bisexual. Topic of the thread is celebrities using bisexuality for popularity like Jessie J, Nicki, etc. Never meant to judge or be disrespectful. It is just curious to me that put of like 50 “bisexual” celebrities not one of them dated same sex. Like could it be that they never fell in love with same sex? 

Gaga has had sex with women and its been discussed many times but okay mawma

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Gaga has had sex with women and its been discussed many times but okay mawma

okay mawma :ladyhaha:

gagzus
7 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I mentioned Gaga in a post and like I said - just because you kiss girl or man that doesn’t mean that you are bisexual. Gaga has been opetabout her dating life for years now and we literally never saw her with a woman. And that being said, I don’t believe in her being bisexual, but I believe in her being an supporter of LGBTQ community. 

if i remember rightly with my veteran stan mind she had a brief but not really public relationship with the girl who did her BTW tattoo actually

Arcanum

What really baffles me is the fact that whenever a woman says she is bi it enhances her popularity because men's fantasies include bisexual women. Whenever a guy says about his bisexuality it is considered off by most people. This is clearly some bewildered way of social injustice, so the fact that some celebrities claim they are bisexual -even if they are not- seems to me like an opening up to the world about the subject.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

SEXODUS

The fact they've never been seen having a relationship with an individual of the same sex doesn't actually rule out the possibily of them being bisexuals. You might enjoy sex with the same sex but never fall in love with a person of the same sex, you choose the reasons why. How many times do we gays/heteros have sex with someone but don't feel the romantic interest towards them? Maybe they've yet to meet the right person, maybe they feel safer in a heterosexual relationship. Maybe they lie, maybe they just like the idea of being bisexual, but as long as they don't promote the wrong message I'm fine with it. It's good that people can look at sex and love with an open mind. 

Regina George
12 minutes ago, Ikvs said:

Sis I'm gay and I've never had a bf but that doesn't mean I'm not gay like...

Please read full thread and see what I said about this. I’m not going to say the same thing billion times for you to understand it. I even edited my original post for people to understand what I meant and again you come here and say this. 

SKANK

Gaga has made it explicitly clear, on multiple occasions, that her sexuality is not a gimmick.

In my opinion, if sexual fluidity is being used as a marketing gimmick, or as a way for someone to be perceived as cool, I'd say that is still a win for sexual liberation. Let people do what they want.

PunkTheFunk

I think while Gaga has had same-sex attractions and experimented with women before, she definitely played up her bisexuality during her early years to help further her career. I don't really blame her though. Her entire act was built on being this freaky, polarizing figure who sang about "bluffin' with her muffin" and wore raw meat. The more scandalous she was, the more eyes would be on her, and the more famous she'd become.

Archived