Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ASIB focus

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

I watched ASIB Streisand version last week. That movie is ok but reads as a Streisand vanity project.  It’s basically a Streisand mini concert wrapped by a plot.  Not surprising since Streisand exec produced it. 

People are complaining about alleged soundtrack release dates, Grammy timing etc, but I think it was probably important to Bradley that his version reads as a Drama about musicians, and not primarily as a musical or Gaga showcase. 

He has said the music is important to the plot. I think he probably wants both experienced together and we probably will not get many complete songs in the movie. 

Many of you might want to step back and consider his likely artistic intent rather than just worrying about awards and chart obsessions. 

BlingNotTheMusic

I mean, I see your point but the studio has more control over this than Bradley, he’s just the director/lead actor. The studios as*es are on the line so they are in control of release and marketing. We want it to do as well as possible for our Queen. After her successful performances at the Oscars and Grammys, it would MAKE SENSE they were priming them for future Gaga projects. It’s just HIGHLY disappointing seeing her dragged for so long and then we see opportunities missed by 5 days. :ohwell:

ryanripley
1 hour ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

I mean, I see your point but the studio has more control over this than Bradley, he’s just the director/lead actor. The studios as*es are on the line so they are in control of release and marketing. We want it to do as well as possible for our Queen. After her successful performances at the Oscars and Grammys, it would MAKE SENSE they were priming them for future Gaga projects. It’s just HIGHLY disappointing seeing her dragged for so long and then we see opportunities missed by 5 days. :ohwell:

but it's not a missed opportunity lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

doppelganger
1 hour ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

He’s not just the director he pitched the film to WB. It’s his vision and tbh I don’t think the studio expected the movie to be an oscar contender until the film materialised. Look, i’m disappointed too that a ASIB song isn’t coming in the next 7 weeks (i expected the first credit roll song to be a single which wouldn’t spoil the film but oh well) . But i trust that WB knows what they’re doing ; they want hard impact and hype built around the merit of the film and not Gaga as the carrier of the soundtrack. 

The film’s already expected to break even on the first week so it’s really just a matter of marketing the film as best as they can. Let’s also not forget that millions of people are going to watch this film who are not Gaga’s fanbase. 

Monsterish

I think Bradley tried to remake Barbra's remake :laughga: And I'm OK with that 'cause I loved that movie :flutter:

Guest Adarsh

Just enjoy the movie and the music man, its her first big role, that makes it special irregardless of the awards and charts :)

Bradley

I get your point (on how the movie is better if it remains rich in plot and not just a mere musical), but how is being nominated at the Grammys in any way detrimental to the artistic intention behind the movie?

Like where is the logic? Getting nominated for Grammys = the movie is no longer a drama?

What are you guys talking about?

ChromaticPrincess
17 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I get your point (on how the movie is better if it remains rich in plot and not just a mere musical), but how is being nominated at the Grammys in any way detrimental to the artistic intention behind the movie?

Like where is the logic? Getting nominated for Grammys = the movie is no longer a drama?

He meant that that’s only what some fans care about 

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

freebit

I see your point about them not wanting this to seem like a vanity vehicle for Gaga music as Bab's version was seen as (especially since really, it's a BCoop vanity vehicle :ph34r:), but I also think the soundtrack needs promotion, and that an attempt at a single, or an instant grat track, wouldn't hurt it. 

giskardsb
34 minutes ago, Bradley said:

the point is they might not want the soundtrack to overshadow the movie launch, so they may not want to release earlier just so they hit a grammy deadline.   It will still be eligible for grammy's the next year, I don't know why people are acting like it's some catastrophe if they don't release the album or a single in time for Grammy contention.

Bradley
3 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

the point is they might not want the soundtrack to overshadow the movie launch, so they may not want to release earlier just so they hit a grammy deadline.   It will still be eligible for grammy's the next year, I don't know why people are acting like it's some catastrophe if they don't release the album or a single in time for Grammy contention.

In my personal opinion I think there isn't much competition at the 2019 Grammys, I think the hype and popularity of the soundtrack will be fresh in the voters' mind in early 2019, but not so much for 2020.

Gaga and Bradley will be campaigning for A Star Is Born throughout these few months, and them attending Golden Globes, Screen Actors, Producers Guild, Critics' Choice and the likes will serve as a good campaigning for the film and music. Obviously this won't last until 2020.

Anyway, it's not like the soundtrack and the film are two different projects. They are essentially the same project and success in one of them will automatically translate to the other. Let It Go was huge and because of that people went to see Frozen, and because Frozen was a good movie, people went to buy Let It Go.

lost in limbo
3 hours ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

Gaga is not the focus. The movie is. The focus are the Oscars, not the Grammys.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Archived