💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

SWEETENER is better than you think

ComeToMama

Featured Posts

Pacify Him
On 8/18/2018 at 6:36 AM, Sneaky Oliver said:

I'm loving it more and more :nick: I'm in love with some details. I just found out "get well soon" has some silence to honor the Manchester victims and it pushes the track’s length to 5:22 and the bombing happened May 22nd.

That sent shivers down my spine :diane:

I’m getting on your nerves

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages
On 8/18/2018 at 3:23 PM, ComeToMama said:

im sure the other 6 will continue to grow

How bout 5, light is coming is annoying af:trollga:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

JesseBabe

I will agree that it does take a few listens to really like the album. Do I think it's better than Dangerous Woman? No. I described it to my friend as the less edgier/sweeter sister to DW. But after watching that one Beats 1 interview, and finding out more details about some of the songs (like get well soon), I respect it more. 

Mirages
On 8/18/2018 at 3:36 PM, Sneaky Oliver said:

I'm loving it more and more :nick: I'm in love with some details. I just found out "get well soon" has some silence to honor the Manchester victims and it pushes the track’s length to 5:22 and the bombing happened May 22nd.

That's a nice touch I gotta say and it's one of the best songs off of the album so it only makes it more precious. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

FentyGa

The only skips for me are sweetener, better off and get well soon
Everytime, REM, breathin, God is a woman and ntltc are masterpieces

Othon

Yeah...  no.

Ariana was one of the few mainstream singers still putting out music I enjoyed over the past few years and this album is a massive step down from what she'd previously been doing. She jettisoned the fun.

The two singles are fine. Breathin would've been a filler track on Dangerous Woman (the kind that her stans would send out "you're all sleeping on this song!!1!1!" tweets about over the course of the era), but it's fun. Everytime is generic, but serviceable. Goodnight n Go is the only tack I feel any legitimate connection to and it's a cover of someone else's song.

The rest is nearly unlistenable. As other people have said, all of the Pharrell songs sound identical, and the lyrics are... ridiculous. Faux-deep, teenage instagram level stuff. Really corny.

It'd make a cute 4 or 5 track EP if she ditched all of the Pharrell songs, but that's all I'm getting from this album. :selena:

RickMonster98

It may have grown on me, but DW is 10 times better. This album feels like a bunch of fillers track anyone could have sang, no soul. :air:

Archived