music news

HDD: Travis vs Nicki “We Have a Winner!”

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=313055

Friday, August 17, 2018

NICKI VS. TRAVIS (UPDATE): WE HAVE A WINNER

With a high percentage of precincts reporting, we're now calling this week's chart race for Travis Scott.

It's been a helluva battle for #1 between YMCMB/Republic's Nicki Minaj and Cactus Jack/Grand Hustle/Epic's Scott; we'll have final numbers tomorrow.

Challenges are affecting the final numbers but now there is more than enough information to call it. Stay tuned for details.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
baptism

Ugh poor Nicki. This album deserved #1 and she deserved to be the first female rapper with three #1 albums. 

Spartacus

OMFG with all she did this week to get that #1?! :udidnt:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

He deserves it, he won that #1 fairly. Unlike someone that gave her album for free and added that song with that rapper just to get the streams and the #1...that was a desperate move :cryga:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

Arturo
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

He deserves it, he won that #1 fairly. Unlike someone that gave her album for free and added that song with that rapper just to get the streams and the #1...that was a desperate move :cryga:

She probably would have been #1 if Travis’ label head Sylvia didn’t hate Nicki’s label head for Republic for years. She went into maximum overdrive to secure her biggest artist a 2nd week at #1. A business woman :applause: 

shoful

Haha good serves her right. She seemed so f-ing desperate. Its hilarious :ladyhaha:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Aga Gydal
4 minutes ago, shoful said:

Haha good serves her right. She seemed so f-ing desperate. Its hilarious :ladyhaha:

Tbh it’s kinda rich that Gaga stans have the nerve to call anyone desperate for stunting during release week. Lol

Arturo
Just now, Aga Gydal said:

Tbh it’s kinda rich that Gaga stans have the nerve to call anyone desperate for stunting during release week. Lol

Adding a song that wasn’t on the album on the Wednesday of release week is kind of the lowest we’ve ever seen someone go for a #1. She altered “a body of work that needed to be perfected for 4 years” (I’m paraphrasing her) the second she saw she could miss #1. 

sipthistea

I thought Aretha was gonna give us the big surprise this week. 

She'll remain a legend though. 

Arturo
1 minute ago, sipthistea said:

I thought Aretha was gonna give us the big surprise this week. 

She'll remain a legend though. 

She died on Thursday, the last day of tracking. She should be more of a factor during this current tracking week, Ariana’s debut week.

freebit

Oh wow if he goes #1 over Nicki after all that tom foolery. :smh: I still don't get why Nicki just didn't take the high road with this release. Even if she didn't go #1 it would have been honorable that she did all that without adding Fefe. 

TropicOfCANCER
31 minutes ago, Aga Gydal said:

Gaga’s never stooped to Nickis level of desperation to get her album to #1. Move along. 

Quartz

Wait. Travis's album was already on its second week this week? MESS :ladyhaha:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

ryanripley
33 minutes ago, Aga Gydal said:

no its not lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived