Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Pharell a good producer?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig

So...

I've just listened to Sweetner, all the way through and to me, one thing is very apparent. 

For me, the album is split into two halves; Pharell produced tracks, and Max Martin/Ilya tracks. The tracks which Pharell produced seem lack luster. The Light Is Coming is an example of this. The production is all messy and it doesn't flow... this was the case for many of the songs he produced.

Then we get to the first song which isn't produced by Pharell, God Is A Woman. There is a clear difference and you can tell that it sounds so much better than the Pharell produced tracks. As I was listening through the album, it got to the point that I could tell which tracks were Pharell and which were not... 

Its like trying to mix oil and water :saladga:  

When I listened to Camila, I didn't mind his productions. But on Sweetner? The songs he produced sound atrocious. 

What do you think? Is Pharell as good producer?  

My top 5 from Sweetner would have to be;

Breathin 

God Is A Woman

Goodnight n Go

No Tears Left To Cry 

And Raindrops (An Angel Cried)

End Racism Now

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
11 minutes ago, xoxo Human said:

No. Next question.

10 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

no

8 minutes ago, NathanRajz said:

No. Next question.

Never mind :selena:

End Racism Now

DelusionalGaga

If you want your music to be good you need to stay away from Pharrell. It's as simple as that. 

8834_900.gif

Spoiler

By the way, your top 5 = taste :firega:

BLACKOUTbritney

That bitch basically runied what could’ve been a cute pop album :selena:

STAY AWAY FROM OUR POP GIRLS PHARRELL 

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, DelusionalGaga said:

If you want your music to be good you need to stay away from Pharrell. It's as simple as that. 

8834_900.gif

Hide contents

By the way, your top 5 = taste :firega:

Yaaas I agree, and thanks :firega:

End Racism Now

ZiggyZiggs

not lately no, the only song in the last year that i liked was I Got that Juice by Janelle Monae and that's not cuz of him.

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, xoxo Human said:

?

Never mind, I read your comment wrong

End Racism Now

StreamDelicate

I didn't mind the Pharell songs as much as others did but god, he does too much. TLIC would've been FINE without the sample of the guy yelling on a loop. It's like he doesn't have faith in Ariana's vocals to carry a song, so he adds a bunch of woots and yeahs and "YOU WOULDN'T LET ANYBODY SPEAK AND INSTEAD" :madge: As a result, the productiom overshadows the most important aspect of the song: Ariana herself

I like Pharrell, but his productions are starting to all sound the same. He needs to experiment with new sounds. I can instantly tell when he's worked on a song or album.

TheAlpha

Na, he’s awful. Once upon time, I thought he produced Random Access Memories by Daft Punk. So I started to say since 2013, that I wanted him to work with Gaga because I want her to do Disco. But then I find out that the members of Daft Punk produce their own music. And I saw Pharrell actual catalog and he’s probably THE worst producer out there. 

You know this is just my opinion, right?

kvnrp
8 minutes ago, TheAlpha said:

But then I find out that the members of Daft Punk produce their own music.

where have you been since the 90s :air::saladga::rip:

OT: Pharell can keep it, like, any of it.

Archived