💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

'I can't elevate it to the point where I become GaGa again'

lolwut

Featured Posts

Do you remember during 5F ft 2 Gaga says 'I can't elevate it to the point where I become GaGa again, because then it's like, what was the point of even making this record (Joanne)'. This made me stop and think for a minute because I'm not entirely sure what she meant by this. Initially I thought she had meant that during the Joanne era she would maintain a stripped back persona because that's what that era was about. But thinking about it now, it almost sounds like she was talking about the future when she said this. She repeatedly makes reference to the fact that she always put an 'absurd spin' on things in the past to cover up her insecurities, but that she no longer feels the need to do this, which suggested we would be getting a more grounded, down to earth Gaga from now on.

Based on the pictures we saw yesterday, It looks like crazyga is far from over (thankfully), so I am left wondering what this means for this coming era/tour. I almost feel like these images have a deep meaning,rather than existing simply for shock value which is what may have been the case in the past. Do you think we will get a Joanne-crazyga hybrid, or have I misinterpreted what she said during the documentary?

derpmonster

I think she's talking about the Joanne era only. We know she has strong aesthetics for each of her eras and when she says "that's why I made this record", she seems to be referring to staying true to it. True to the spirit of Joanne. She's not done with crazyGa stuff as she also mentioned in FF2 and in numerous other interviews.

(Paraphrased:)

Interviewer: so I think we're seeing more of the Lady now than Gaga

LG: I don't know. That's today. What about tomorrow? *Gives sly smile*

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

ARTPOPSTER

Gaga is an artist. She can create anything. Joanne was one of her works of art, just as TF, TFM, BTW, ARTPOP, and C2C were. I doubt she would limit herself by saying she would take on a more down to earth persona after Joanne. 

Infinity Wave

I actually think it was only referred to the Joanne era. I mean, she can't know now what she'll do in the future as she's always evolving, so making a statement like that regarding her whole future carreer would of been stupid imo

If someone told her "You're gonna ask monsters to call yourself Joanne" like 10 years ago i bet she would've laughed so HARD but look what happened :huntyga:

So she can't be talking about her future in general cuz  that would make no sense at all :legend:

Colourful

huttont

I don’t think she will get rid of the “Gaga” from her life. Just look at what shes doing still...Enigma promo is very gaga. I think she’s just going to give balance to her life and persona so she doesn’t get labeled as one or the other. 

Keep us on our toes, as Lady Gaga always has

River

It's not a bad thing what I'm gonna say, but Gaga is very "camera player" she'll say many things to camera at the right time and the right moment and sometimes it's just not really the truth.. so like don't expect her to follow what she's saying and don't take it a totally truth and serious.. 5F2 was heavily over dramatic by her to the point that it became a bit unreal..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

baptism

Gaga says how she feels in the moment. One day she feels one way, the next she feels another. Hence 'Enigma'. It is entirely possible that in that moment she was so immersed in the stripped back Joanne era that she felt she may never go 'Gaga' again. But it's just as possible that she changed her mind 20 minutes later. She's a creative thinker, perhaps now rather than using that creativity as a shield she's putting it to work .Who knows. But by the sounds of things it seems like in the next few months we'll be getting CrazyGa, JoanneGa, and JazzGa all at the same time. And holy **** am I ready. 

Sneaky Oliver

You guys talk like the “Gaga” is someone  else. Shes Gaga, she has always been a creative person. She really did strip it down during Joanne era, not beause her creativity or Gaga persona was over, it was all like a big performance! She talks about that lady in the field with a Pinot Grigio and how she found out the lady was Gaga herself. And she just embodied that feeling during that era which is now over 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Bambino

Sometimes I think she's just complicating things way too much. Like Stefani, when you're on stage, when you're in the public, you're Gaga to everyone, whether you wear meet or impress everybody with your great vocals. It's all art, all entertainment. Everybody knows you're talented, everybody knows you're a bit crazy, and you still make tons of money and have millions of fans. It's all art.

Schizophonic

with ARTPOP and looks like the dope teeth, the sxsw pukefest, the wooddress .... she was at a point where it barely couldnt get weirder and the weirdest thing she could do at this point was going normal. that was even more shocking than putting crazy to the next level.

ryanripley

its funny cus her mindset pretty much changed post superbowl

the JW video, Coachella visuals and JWT were just as gaga as usual

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

JazzGa

I think a more self-aware, sober CrazyGa could potentially be a more artistic CrazyGa with a clearer message. Even though I loved when she would obviously strike out with her id in a rebellious manic whirlwind of craziness (SXSW, a lot of ARTPOP fashion, wearing a huge ****in mask that covers her whole face for the MAC makeup campaign red carpet) I understand that these were negative emotional actions. PS I kinda hate when we call those looks CrazyGa because that implies her choices are just ~fun + random~ when they are intentional for a variety of social or emotional reasons. ANyways, I think she can still use unexpected and avant-garde fashion in the future, but purposefully, and hopefully without the feeling that she MUST do it to rebel. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

mister max

I think of it that Gaga just keeps changing every time, not that Joanne is any less "Gaga" then ARTPOP or that The Fame is more "Gaga" then The Fame Monster

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

nerdfacekillah
6 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

with ARTPOP and looks like the dope teeth, the sxsw pukefest, the wooddress .... she was at a point where it barely couldnt get weirder and the weirdest thing she could do at this point was going normal. that was even more shocking than putting crazy to the next level.

yes, everybody was like: wow this is gaga?? because they were so used to her weirdness

but at the op i also think that she meant that only about the joanne era, because it was very logical for her to strip down for that era. plus when she was shooting pi video she said that: i know that some fans will be dissapointed by my outfit but that doesnt mean that i dont love the avant-guard fashion that i have worn before.

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

15 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

This this this :giveup:

That’s why I think the Joanne era was the most Gaga era of all of them, cuz she completely changed to a style she made us believe she would never do. The Gaga factor was her doing the oposite of what we “knew” Gaga was. But the thing is, we’re not supposed to know what Gaga is, we’re not supposed to expect anything, cuz it’s always the unexpected that we get from her :firega:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Archived