💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Nicki and Travis' Labels Battling It Out

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

aaronyoji

if only people just released quality music it wouldnt resort to this... also we shouldn't even be giving this song attention considering a convicted child molester is on it but go off industry.... 

vitoburrrito
10 hours ago, elijahfan said:

So because she’s a female artist of color, people have to remain blind to all the f*ckery that she’s instigating?

She's not above criticism just because she's black and female. My point is, we are too quick to try to take her accomplishments away from her. She has been extremely successful, you cannot deny that, and just because Cardi B has had one succesful album, all of a sudden everyone wants to act like Nicki is irrelevant? I'd be annoyed too if everyone started comparing me to some newbie, considering the success Nicki has had. 

Nicki has every right to be assertive and confident. It's important that women, who are always criticized when they are focused on their career, speak up and make sure people acknowledge their accomplishments. Furthermore, rap artists are generally cocky, but it's somehow ridiculous that Nicki (the female artist with the most billboard charted songs of any genre) wants everyone to acknowledge she's a big deal and wants respect? I understand the fuss about her collaborating with sketchy people (which Gaga has also done). But in terms of whether or not she's succesful or flopping or whatever, it's pathetic, negative, and pointless. In the end, all it really does is bring yet another black female down and reinforce the stereotype that succesful females are mean and deserve to be scrutinized for it. 

I've spent too much time responding to this and I'm not going to visit this thread again. Just think about this rhetorical question; is it too much to ask to keep your opinions to yourself? If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. You don't have to be fake and praise her just because she's a black female, but you also don't need to say something just because you have an opinion. Life is a lot more enjoyable and less stressful when you decide against contributing to negativity. 

LibraLove
12 hours ago, Cruzifix said:

Okay, but we, as people, shouldn't be wishing her failure. Nor should we be as snarky/disrespectful as her. Our fanbase is centered around kindness and compassion. Don't fall into mob mentality. Just sit back and enjoy the music. If there's one thing I've learned in my decade as a Monster, it's to always be humble, kind and judgment-free. I can only wish the rest of the fanbase could actually follow the same mantras.

I'm not wishing her failure. I don't really care if she wins or fails. I listened to the album and liked three songs. It's not my cup of tea. But it definitely didn't live up to that type of name or how egotistical she's been acting recently in regards to it. It's not doing as great as she wants to play it as, so maybe it will get her ego in check is all I'm saying. Just how Witness did with Katy (and I mostly liked that album).

LibraLove
1 hour ago, vitoburrrito said:

She's not above criticism just because she's black and female. My point is, we are too quick to try to take her accomplishments away from her. She has been extremely successful, you cannot deny that, and just because Cardi B has had one succesful album, all of a sudden everyone wants to act like Nicki is irrelevant? I'd be annoyed too if everyone started comparing me to some newbie, considering the success Nicki has had. 

I don't think anyone is wanting this or even thinking this. I think the only person that is thinking this is Nicki herself. She's getting in her own head and it's just not a good look. If you're know you're good at what you do, that's great, but to go to the extent of having to put it in everyone's face, tell people that you are and basically stroke your own ego, it makes it appear the other way around.

elijahfan
1 hour ago, vitoburrrito said:

I've spent too much time responding to this and I'm not going to visit this thread again. Just think about this rhetorical question; is it too much to ask to keep your opinions to yourself? If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. You don't have to be fake and praise her just because she's a black female, but you also don't need to say something just because you have an opinion. Life is a lot more enjoyable and less stressful when you decide against contributing to negativity. 

Well, it's a bit easy to ask for everyone to be positive when the girl has been nothing but negative those past few years. I used to be a regular Nicki fan, and still am to some extent when it comes to her music - but when it comes to the human being, it keeps getting downhill. I think the worst, for me, was when she mocked a handicapped person at some event.

I'm sorry, but recently she's only demonstrated what an awful person she is and she's only getting the backlash she deserves. Don't do **** like that if you can't stand the heat.

monketsharona
11 hours ago, aaronyoji said:

if only people just released quality music it wouldnt resort to this... also we shouldn't even be giving this song attention considering a convicted child molester is on it but go off industry.... 

The song is not even good, just saying... I love Nicki but most of the songs from her album slays FEFE

Archived