💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Sexxx dreams iTunes fest

Bat

Featured Posts

crackpoppodcast

Yeah those instrumental hits in this version after each “makin love in my sex dreams” are EVERYTHING and they take the backseat in the album version. The album version’s bridge (“you could turn to stone or the color of..”) is way better than the gibberish though in the live version (“we were in the swimmin pool a bluh ehbd..!?”)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ModernEcstasy

This and “Swine” were ruined in the studio versions. (I still think swine doesn’t have enough bass and she should’ve included the grunts and the awesome piano intro). 

Off Topic: if anybody knows of any fan made studio version of iTunes festival “Swine”, please let me know!

gagaohlala
9 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

This and “Swine” were ruined in the studio versions. (I still think swine doesn’t have enough bass and she should’ve included the grunts and the awesome piano intro). 

Off Topic: if anybody knows of any fan made studio version of iTunes festival “Swine”, please let me know!

I don't know it's not perfect but I like this one a lot
https://soundcloud.com/mathieu-helmus/lady-gaga-swine-itunes-festival-new-studio-version

Little Monster | Diamond | Cry Baby | Lana Del Rey

Clarence

ah yes. my number one thing from gaga that im still salty about. not ARTPOP act 2, not ARTPOP visual album, not lg5 redone songs, but this song. this would have been my favorite gaga song of all time if it was kept this way. I hardly ever listen to the album version these days. just the swinefest version and her live performances of sexxx dreams since the synths are played a little differently in a lot of her performances.

djBuffoon

From a songwriting perspective, the album version is superior imho. I adore the call/response aspect of the "You were in my- You were in my dreams". It fills out the chorus so it doesn't feel so static. And I also like that she was smart enough not to do the repetitive "Makin love in my sex dreams" hook until the second chorus, keeps the song moving. I also prefer album bridge slightly, but they're both great.

Production-wise, however, iTunes sounded so raw and sensual, whereas the album sounds more reckless and wild. Both are valid choices, just a matter of preference which one makes more sense. I think it's a standout Gaga track either way.

Archived