Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When I first heard Joanne I...

monster4life231

Featured Posts

Killa

I loved sinners prayer though missed the intro she did live

I was honestly shocked by come to mamma lyrics. Though cringed at vocal quality, too old fashioned. 

Hated angel down.

Thought ayo instrumental and overall production was absolutely on point

Was so disappointed on dic. I had expectations from the spinnet.

Hated the bridge of john wayne. Not anymore

Was surprised by hey girl probably the most.

Overall thought she surprised me even more than with btw. But not that much in a good way

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drunkfrank

I really liked it, but overtime i started to get more and more bored of it. I never liked the main songs either (perfect illusion, million reasons, Joanne). I liked pretty much everything else though. Come to mama is ok at best for me. Also in my opinion her looks this era were super boring with a few exceptions. I'm still glad Joanne happened, and I still enjoyed it. Folk/country was never a high interest for me in the first place so I was pretty surprised by how much i liked it.

But pop is overdue by now. 

bloody g

I loved it and felt like it was going to be an overlooked gem in her catalogue.

I'm sad I grew out of it so fast :(

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

candydarling

I cried so hard listening to come to mama and hey girl, I felt so so so proud of her :kara:

kabirartfling

I was confused, felt like this was all a facade, however after a few listens I decided that the album had overall cute songs, easy to listen to however I couldn't get into it. I mean I have listened to Joanne as a whole about 5 times since it came out :saladga:

and that to me says how uninteresting I found the album:koons:

I mean I remember listening to BTW non stop until ARTPOP came out :legend:and then ARTPOP until perfect illusion:woot:. This is not a hate comment, it's my personal evaluation on the whole album.:noparty:

John Wayne, million reasons and perfect illusion are the only songs I prefer to go back to. Rest are cute.:lana:

Give your love to me

I fell in love with MR. Legit played it over and over. Cried in the shower to it. Angel Down + Angel Down (Work Tape) gave me chills!

I absolutely loved the sound and the meaning behind the whole record; I was incredibly proud of yet another Gaga reinvention - this time going back to her roots and her family. 

I'm still in love with the album and I play it on shuffle all the time. Like someone else said, I think it's going to be forgotten about really quickly but then in a few years, people will dig it up and be like, omg it's so good?! :sure:

** OP: Sorry to be one of those grammar nuts but please add the "r" in "heard" in the thread title!

monster4life231
6 minutes ago, missezramay said:

I fell in love with MR. Legit played it over and over. Cried in the shower to it. Angel Down + Angel Down (Work Tape) gave me chills!

I absolutely loved the sound and the meaning behind the whole record; I was incredibly proud of yet another Gaga reinvention - this time going back to her roots and her family. 

I'm still in love with the album and I play it on shuffle all the time. Like someone else said, I think it's going to be forgotten about really quickly but then in a few years, people will dig it up and be like, omg it's so good?! :sure:

** OP: Sorry to be one of those grammar nuts but please add the "r" in "heard" in the thread title!

Mess I didn’t even realise. I always do this was thread titles. :lolga:

spread peace - #MJInnocent

AndiGaga

When i first heard Joanne, i LOVED Diamond Heart and Joanne at the first listening! But i was shocked how many slow songs were on the album and i missed POP-GAGA 🤗

voidfigure

I really really liked it. Every song except Come To Mama (it grew on me a little bit tho) and Hey Girl. I absolutely loved it as an album and was so proud of Gaga changing genre and being recognized as the true artist she is. 

And the presence of DIC worried me at first because I thought: "now popGa die-hard stans will start whining and complaining about only one dance-ish song about masturbation being in her new album"

Irrelevant

DH - PI were all great and I enjoyed them throughly. The second half wasn't as good at first listen, I only liked the last 3 (AD, GG, JAD.) Now I can appreciate CTM and HG more though. SP and MR remain my least played tho :poot:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Neight Shayde

I listened to it in my room without any lights on. Just me, my phone, and my earphones.

me after every track except ___

Oprah-You-Make-Me-Proud.gif?fit=245,200

me after A-Yo

proud-of-you-gif-10.gif

still, my favorite gaga album so far.

Archived