💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga twitter topic (part 4)

Admin

Featured Posts

3q425253qwewq

You can also argue that gaga walks around in panties and a bra now, but it's not her SOLE job anymore. I just think even though she does many things that aren't appropriate for children, she seems to be glamorizing that she use to be practically a stripper. Yeah yeah, she smoked weed, she shows her body off, her lyrics to her music aren't always appropriate for children, but when it goes to the point where she is having a body revolution, then she posts pictures up of her perfect body that was admired by men for money, it totally just goes against what she just started... I mean she is suppose to make woman feel good with their flaws, but when I see those pictures, I just see her trying too hard to prove she always has been fit . Without her trying, people perceive things in different ways.

I really didn't want this to become a debate, but it did...

I agree, but this tension of back and forth ideas will always exist. Gaga's mission statement is a human statement, and we make mistakes. ARTPOP will be most about her being human, I believe. She started out so "alien" and futuristic, and warped herself into a weirder and weirder aesthetic, but I think it's now the time we see her for who she "really" is - as Stefani. Hence all the recent Strippah, Tippah Picture Posting. Fans (and the world) have always been dying to see "the real gaga,'' . . . this is her ^_^

:worship:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got what I say all wrong, first of all, I am a woman, so I don't hate women (your first sentence) and second of all, there are tons of jobs she could of done that didn't involve running around in a night club with your lady parts showing. You took this WAY out of proportion, starting bringing women's right into there, blah blah. I just don't think she should be "flaunting" she use to dance to make money. Why are you making such a big deal out of my simple opinion?

To be clear, I think that's why Nissa used the phrase "internalized misogyny"--being a woman doesn't clear anybody of any misogynistic impulses or conditioning. Just as gay people can still be homophobic (it's quite a common occurence, actually!). And I think she brought women's rights into this...because it is about women's rights, and the way society values and judges women. We constantly place pressure on women to conform to very specific standards of beauty, they are constantly valued for their bodies, and yet when they take jobs that highlight that, they are shamed for it. It's basically another form of slut-shaming. So these things are important to at least consider.

And Nissa: I agree with everything you say. I just think it's also worth recognizing that not *all* s-x-industry workers are in the business because they're down on their luck. Some actually do enjoy it (albeit, I'm sure that number is disproportionately small, and we should always keep that in mind as well), or at the very least it's a way to make money that they are comfortable with and don't find degrading (even if it's not an attempt at a subversive third-waver statement of feminism or anything). As you said, in a utopian world, it would be a perfectly typical form of employment. Alas...

FairyDreams

Internalized misogyny means anyone (mostly female) who has adopted and internalized misogynistic ideas provided by social conditioning. The same misogynistic concepts voiced by men are generally just called misogyny.

Yeah I get what you are saying though, and agree with it. Yes, just because I am a woman doesn't mean I can't be misogynistic... this is not just a jab at gaga who used to dance for money, but I would think the same thing with male dancers... It goes both ways for me. I would never personally pay for a man to dance for me. I am not s-xually driven, and would rather keep my goodies for my boyfriend to see only. I have always been this way. I also don't enjoy/watch ****. I view s-x and showing s-xual parts as sacred, something I would share with someone I love and trust only.

by the way, you have very intelligent responses :hug:

FairyDreams

But regardless of my beliefs and how I go about on things, I know gaga is a different person who grow up differently. I still love her the same. & she doesn't have to conform to my beliefs at all... but in the end the decision she made to post those pictures up of her back in the day being a go-go dancer kind of disappointed me, but she can't please everyone and that does NOT alter my view of her.

cutebubble

she just posted another photo. why is she posting these old pictures suddenly? they are not leaked & have been on the internet forever. seems like she misses New York, and curious all these pictures are from Luc's former bar too....

giskardsb

You got what I say all wrong, first of all, I am a woman, so I don't hate women (your first sentence) and second of all, there are tons of jobs she could of done that didn't involve running around in a night club with your lady parts showing. You took this WAY out of proportion, starting bringing women's right into there, blah blah. I just don't think she should be "flaunting" she use to dance to make money. Why are you making such a big deal out of my simple opinion?

Lost in this whole conversation is that Gaga may have, in fact probably did, WANT to do the job. She used it as a way to get into clubs with Starlight and start playing some of her own music. Even her parents admit she was a "free spirit" and she obviously has no issue with her s-xuality. Feminism also means the freedom to choose to be s-xual, no matter what some Feminists may think. It's only our social prejudices and the ego of intelligence that make us assign "work of the brain" as more meaningful and important than "work of the body." We are whole people, body and mind, and it's silly to assign negative worth to those that enjoy and use their s-xuality. The brain likes to make the body out to be base and worthless, but it's not. Or as Emo Phillips once said " I used to think the brain was the most important organ in the body, but then I thought, look whats telling me that!"

she just posted another photo. why is she posting these old pictures suddenly? they are not leaked & have been on the internet forever. seems like she misses New York, and curious all these pictures are from Luc's former bar too....

Others are posting them on LM, she's just tweeting the links (and adding comments).

GerMonsterNotta

When did Gags twitter topic thread turn into debates about the opprtunites and role if women in society :L

Lets not forget, she dropped out of College to do this,

Her choice.

So no critism is necessary

And also she was by no means forced into this

heavymlover

Sometimes we forget that Gaga is only 26 years old. She's not a completely mature, experienced woman yet.

I feel like you are expecting her to jump that part of her life and start to behave like an old person, but at the end that's what makes her more human: her mistakes.

sweetzombie

Gaga just gave a shoutout to The Lanesborough Locals! I'm so ****ing happy!

Chromatica fan chat: https://t.me/joinchat/ObU0LRigtBKBmqxG5qVFoQ?fbclid=IwAR3hOUvyy93_W9ka9iDZBINEVVTRQp-Sd_PFLpwUJgef_SUW01jg3sHyukY

MelbHawker

She in SPAIN eating Paella and she's going to rock Barcelone tbh.

Barcelone.. :toofunny:

The vocals she just posted... :eek:

THIS. So amazing, there are no words. :cry:

And she mentioned Jean-Paul Sartre, just perfect.

Archived