Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga twitter topic (part 4)

Admin

Featured Posts

display name

As I like to see old photos of her, it's like she is flaunting that she use to go-go dance, which IMO is nothing to be proud of....

It was a big part of her life. Whether or not it was positive, it was what happened, and if the pictures are going to leak, then she might as well acknowledge them in a positive way instead of acting as if she is ashamed of her past. Everything that happened then needed to happen for her to be who she is now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FairyDreams

It was a big part of her life. Whether or not it was positive, it was what happened, and if the pictures are going to leak, then she might as well acknowledge them in a positive way instead of acting as if she is ashamed of her past. Everything that happened then needed to happen for her to be who she is now.

Yeah, she wouldn't of met a lot of people if she didn't go-go dance... still doesn't change my opinion on girls with minimal clothing dancing for money. I am just classy I guess, and would rather earn my money in a professional way. To each their own.

Yeah, she wouldn't of met a lot of people if she didn't go-go dance... still doesn't change my opinion on girls with minimal clothing dancing for money. I am just classy I guess, and would rather earn my money in a professional way. To each their own.

She's hardly going to glamorize her life and cover up anything that might be a blemish on the magical idea of becoming and being in the spell of fame, is she? Or to not talk or do anything that might offend people's sensibilities and social conditioning? She's always been one to do the exact opposite, so why get shocked now?

In a way she's showing that so many young women - and yes, even someone like Gaga - were or are still forced into doing jobs like these when they can't pay the rent. It's much more widespread than you'd think - and as a poor woman, staying "classy" isn't always an option when even the most low-pay, part-time manual labor or security jobs institutionally discriminate against female applicants.

This is, while just showing a piece of her past, casting a spotlight on how dire the situation for women in general is. It is a side most people rarely get to see. It's actually an empowering concept of her to treat these leaked pictures in this way and it's incisive social commentary rather than being proud of not being as ladylike as society needs women to be. It's really easy to make assumptions like yours when you don't think about the fact that for equal work women in the US earn 0.71 dollars of what men do. Same job, 71% of the money, while being restricted access to (let alone being able to rise to the top) the biggest job markets like business, science, or just about any manual labor job.

FairyDreams

In a way she's showing that so many young women - and yes, even someone like Gaga - are still forced into doing "jobs" like these when they can't pay the rent. It's much more widespread than you'd think - and as a poor woman, staying "classy" isn't always an option when even the most low-pay, part-time manual labor or security jobs institutionally discriminate against female applicants.

This is, while just showing a piece of her past, casting a spotlight on how dire the situation for women in general is. It is a side most people rarely get to see. It's actually an empowering concept of her to treat these leaked pictures in this way and it's incisive social commentary rather than being proud of not being as ladylike as society needs women to be. It's really easy to make assumptions like yours when you don't think about the fact that for equal work women in the US earn 0.71 dollars of what men do. Same job, 71% of the money, while being restricted access to (let alone being able to rise to the top) the biggest job markets like business, science, or just about any manual labor job.

Thanks for your input, really... but even if I didn't have a job, an education, I still wouldn't go to dancing/stripping for money. Like I said, to each their own. I can no way say that you CAN'T do that for money, it's just NOT for me, and I don't think highly of women that do that kind of job... it's all subjective to your own personal opinions. I think go-go dancing is degrading, but like I said, MY opinion, I would never do it. We are all different. Plus she grew up in NYC, I grew up in a suburban town of Minneapolis, MN, it's quite different... but still, flaunting that you danced for money isn't what I consider smart, but in all honestly, that never changed my opinion of her in the first place, I just didn't like the fact she was pointing it out on TWITTER like it needs to be addressed.

Thanks for your input, really... but even if I didn't have a job, an education, I still wouldn't go to dancing/stripping for money. Like I said, to each their own. I can no way say that you CAN'T do that for money, it's just NOT for me, and I don't think highly of women that do that kind of job... it's all subjective to your own personal opinions. I think go-go dancing is degrading, but like I said, MY opinion, I would never do it. We are all different. Plus she grew up in NYC, I grew up in a suburban town of Minneapolis, MN, it's quite different... but still, flaunting that you danced for money isn't what I consider smart, but in all honestly, that never changed my opinion of her in the first place, I just didn't like the fact she was pointing it out on TWITTER like it needs to be addressed.

Wow, the internalized misogyny... Do you think she loved doing that, did it purely for male attention or something? Would she have done this in an ideal world where she didn't need the money and the contacts? I wouldn't want to do anything like that either, but if I were on the brink of starvation, say, I'd probably do take up up such a degrading job in a heartbeat if nothing else was available. That's the reality for tens of thousands of young, poor girls. It's hardly glamorous and it's degrading for some but I feel my survival instinct is probably stronger than my personal pride, really.

Gaga's not flaunting her personal choice here (and to think of it as one is questionable really, it reeks of victim-blaming) to go go-go dancing - that's not what this is about - but she's showing an oft-ignored truth that society condones and actually pushes women into these roles every single day still. Even incredibly strong and brave women like her.

But okay, your opinion differs. You'd never do such a thing. Got it.

3q425253qwewq

"Someone like Gaga - were or are still forced into doing jobs like these when they can't pay the rent."

I'm sorry, but that post along with what I quoted, is a bit extreme. You have your FACTS right, but your opinions on this "profession" are way off + extreme. Nobody forced her to go-go dance; there are MILLIONS of other jobs out there, [use Mcdonalds for an example] Gaga freely chose to sell her body to make ends meet, but there are PLENTY of OTHER ways to pay the bills. Go-Go Dancing is alot like waiting tables, except you're dancing on them. . . She made hourly PLUS the TIPS from using her own s-xuality... so dont go on about how women are "objectified" and have it so terrible, when women sometimes, in this case, put themselves in that situation.

Sorry, <3 you 2 death, you've always written extremely intelligent (albeit feisty) responses in the forums, but on this issue you're trying to cover it up with "the poor societal living conditions of women, and how they are forced to sell their own bodies." Nobody prostituted or pimped gaga out. She did it herself.

And before you go on about how this was SO VITAL in order for her to make ends meet every month, thats a load of BullSh*T. Work 3 jobs (which she did) in any other professional avenue. But showing your ass and tits isnt the only way. Gaga chose THIS.

Not even condeming her, or looking down on her for it; But dont make it the case of "Oh Poor Gaga."

<3

"Someone like Gaga - were or are still forced into doing jobs like these when they can't pay the rent."

I'm sorry, but that post along with what I quoted, is a bit extreme. You have your FACTS right, but your opinions on this "profession" are way off + extreme. Nobody forced her to go-go dance; there are MILLIONS of other jobs out there, [use Mcdonalds for an example] Gaga freely chose to sell her body to make ends meet, but there are PLENTY of OTHER ways to pay the bills. Go-Go Dancing is alot like waiting tables, except you're dancing on them. . . She made hourly PLUS the TIPS from using her own s-xuality... so dont go on about how women are "objectified" and have it so terrible, when women sometimes, in this case, put themselves in that situation.

Sorry, <3 you 2 death, you've always written extremely intelligent (albeit feisty) responses in the forums, but on this issue you're trying to cover it up with "the poor societal living conditions of women, and how they are forced to sell their own bodies." Nobody prostituted or pimped gaga out. She did it herself.

And before you go on about how this was SO VITAL in order for her to make ends meet every month, thats a load of BullSh*T. Work 3 jobs (which she did) in any other professional avenue. But showing your ass and tits isnt the only way. Gaga chose THIS.

Not even condeming her, or looking down on her for it; But dont make it the case of "Oh Poor Gaga."

<3

Well, the problem is that these issues are much more extreme than they are made out to be. If she'd been a man, she could've easily be a low-paid security guard or part-time manual laborer, but would hardly have found a way to "pimp out" her own body except try and join the Chippendales. When are the millions of jobs going to do someone any good when most businesses would hire any man over an equally qualified woman? There are shocking studies on this, and they are eye-opening as hell when you keep seeing them validated by the academic community every single years with newer studies. Applying with a female-sounding name lowers your chances at getting a standard, not-too-difficult desk job by 47%. Overqualified women get sidelined over barely-qualified men in business and science. The biggest pool of jobs out there, working manual labor, night work and even big chain stores and fast food joints like McDonalds, have shown huge biases towards women applicants and employees as well. That is more than dire, I feel.

I'm not making it a case of "Poor Gaga" - I am making it a case of "Poor women". ;) And no offense taken! I just get kind of sick of "That's so unladylike! I'd never do that!"

3q425253qwewq

Well, the problem is that these issues are much more extreme than they are made out to be. If she'd been a man, she could've easily be a low-paid security guard or part-time manual laborer, but would hardly have found a way to "pimp out" her own body. When are the millions of jobs going to do someone any good when most businesses would hire any man over an equally qualified woman? There are shocking studies on this, and they are eye-opening as hell when you keep seeing them validated by the academic community every single years with newer studies. Applying with a female name lowers your chances at getting a standard, not-too-difficult desk job by 47%. That is more than dire, I feel.

I'm not making it a case of "Poor Gaga" - I am making it a case of "Poor women". ;) And no offense taken!

No, I agree completely. Women have always had the short end of the stick (and still do) This world, as they like to say, "Is a Man's world." But a woman who knows how to exert her power and physical form over another male, and make them throw out cash actually flips the tables in a somewhat sad, but sinister & ironic way. Men may hold the bar for being able to advance up the social ladder, in terms of pay + promotion, but women will always hold the ability to make men get on their knees. See Bad Romance. Men are driven by image. A woman with a strong image (in the case of Gaga) actually hold the power ^_^ She knew what she was doing, and still knows the s-xuality, while debasing, and horribly embarassing to manipulate (if you're shy) will always hold sway over other (straight) men.

This is something men haven't historically realized yet. Men tend to be fools.

:kisses:

[And Im a Man]

No, I agree completely. Women have always had the short end of the stick (and still do) This world, as they like to say, "Is a Man's world." But a woman who knows how to exert her power and physical form over another male, and make them throw out cash actually flips the tables in a somewhat sad, but sinister & ironic way. Men may hold the bar for being able to advance up the social ladder, in terms of pay + promotion, but women will always hold the ability to make men get on their knees. See Bad Romance. Men are driven by image. A woman with a strong image (in the case of Gaga) actually hold the power ^_^ She knew what she was doing, and still knows the s-xuality, while debasing, and horribly embarassing to manipulate (if you're shy) will always hold sway over other (straight) men.

This is something men haven't historically realized yet. Men tend to be fools.

[And Im a Man]

LOVE IT. Agreed on that last sentiment.

Oh, and please don't hesitate to talk to me when you've got a different opinion from mine. I'm feisty but I assure you...I'm not as horrible as I can sound, really. :laughga:

I'm not comfortable with looking down on workers in the s-x industry (though go-go dancing isn't even really the s-x-industry) in any capacity...

MJ Holland

Wow, the internalized misogyny... Do you think she loved doing that, did it purely for male attention or something? Would she have done this in an ideal world where she didn't need the money and the contacts? I wouldn't want to do anything like that either, but if I were on the brink of starvation, say, I'd probably do take up up such a degrading job in a heartbeat if nothing else was available. That's the reality for tens of thousands of young, poor girls. It's hardly glamorous and it's absolutely degrading by all means but I feel my survival instinct is probably stronger than my personal pride, really.

Gaga's not flaunting her personal choice here (and to think of it as one is questionable really, it reeks of victim-blaming) to go go-go dancing - that's not what this is about - but she's showing an oft-ignored truth that society condones and actually pushes women into these roles every single day still. Even incredibly strong and brave women like her.

Believe it or not I'm an internalized misogynist and saying this:

I don't think Gaga is trying to show how society or men or whatever are pushing women or girl into taking up such jobs. I remember her saying it was somewhat liberating for her, to have guys oogling her. I mean it's understandable she became more confident in her womanhood and s-xuality trought experiences like that. I'm not saying it was a dream job for her, but I don't think she's ashamed at all. :)

It's funny to me how all women, even myself state we are not like other women but, in fact, we're all the same.

I mean...

I was just talking to a girlfriend of mine. She was upset her boyfriend (they've been togheter for almost 3 years) started criticizing "womankind". He said we seem to exist only to ruin men, something like that. Of course he was being dramatic, but, at the same time, honest. Now, imagine this girlfriend of mine, being all boo-hoo about her man's views in this respect and, at the same time, having an affair with a highschool teacher, our old highschool teacher, for over about a year. Her "official" boyfriend, the "misoginy", doesn't even know about this.

FairyDreams

Wow, the internalized misogyny... Do you think she loved doing that, did it purely for male attention or something? Would she have done this in an ideal world where she didn't need the money and the contacts? I wouldn't want to do anything like that either, but if I were on the brink of starvation, say, I'd probably do take up up such a degrading job in a heartbeat if nothing else was available. That's the reality for tens of thousands of young, poor girls. It's hardly glamorous and it's degrading for some but I feel my survival instinct is probably stronger than my personal pride, really.

You got what I say all wrong, first of all, I am a woman, so I don't hate women (your first sentence) and second of all, there are tons of jobs she could of done that didn't involve running around in a night club with your lady parts showing. You took this WAY out of proportion, starting bringing women's right into there, blah blah. I just don't think she should be "flaunting" she use to dance to make money. Why are you making such a big deal out of my simple opinion?

3q425253qwewq

Oh, and please don't hesitate to talk to me when you've got a different opinion from mine. I'm feisty but I assure you...I'm not as horrible as I can sound, really. :laughga:

ROFLMAO!! hahahah Oh no, dont worry im not afraid of boxing it out LOL! you usually just are able to rip someone a new one faster then I ever could, and usually by the time you've gotten your point across there is nothing left for the other person to say, because you've KO'd them with your logic + rhetoric hahahah!!

Oh good laughs, and good convo

<3 you betch ROFL!!

^_^

:L4G: :heart: :adam: Xoxo!

FairyDreams

You can also argue that gaga walks around in panties and a bra now, but it's not her SOLE job anymore. I just think even though she does many things that aren't appropriate for children, she seems to be glamorizing that she use to be practically a stripper. Yeah yeah, she smoked weed, she shows her body off, her lyrics to her music aren't always appropriate for children, but when it goes to the point where she is having a body revolution, then she posts pictures up of her perfect body that was admired by men for money, it totally just goes against what she just started... I mean she is suppose to make woman feel good with their flaws, but when I see those pictures, I just see her trying too hard to prove she always has been fit . Without her trying, people perceive things in different ways.

I really didn't want this to become a debate, but it did...

I'm not comfortable with looking down on workers in the s-x industry (though go-go dancing isn't even really the s-x-industry) in any capacity...

I get what you mean. I use the word degrading as the feeling people who go into that industry because of little to no choice in the matter must have while doing their jobs - I don't think go-go dancing is really degrading in and of itself, it's a matter of perception. It serves a function and in a utopian world where the choice would really be a truly free one (and I'm sure the s-x industry and its fringes would remain alive and well if they were inventive), it'd be pointless and sickening to go all berserk over someone's chosen profession.

You got what I say all wrong, first of all, I am a woman, so I don't hate women (your first sentence)

Internalized misogyny means anyone (mostly female) who has adopted and internalized misogynistic ideas provided by social conditioning. The same misogynistic concepts voiced by men are generally just called misogyny.

Archived